[Hannspad] Custom Boot Logo and Animation - Google Gears

Search This thread

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Hi guys, here's my little contribution to the scene.
I was upset with the Flashback's Boot animation (no offense to the dev, but for the life of me... it's ugly!) so i decided to "port" the one i use on my HTC Desire.
So here it is, just copy the bootanimation.zip to your /data/local folder and reboot to enjoy it.

You can either use a file manager (root manager, file manager hd, es file explorer...), i personnally go for the QtADB option (easier way to handle files).
Here's what it will look like:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYhNWQc1_g[/media]

Edit - 18/Sept/2011:
Just a little video to show the work in progress.
I've managed to change the boot logo, working on a little app to ease the process for everyone atm.

Edit - 19/Sept/2011:
Until i come with a nice solution to reboot in APX mode, please use the following archive to flash a custom splash screen.
Little dirty tut, wait for a better one.

0. Always make a backup / Download and unpack the main archive / Read the whole tut twice before proceeding.

1. If you have already installed the APX drivers and made a backup of your partitions, please go to step 5.

2. Otherwise just power your tab off, then press Volume - and Power On till the screen turns black.
Windows will ask for specific drivers, locate them in the previous unpacked archive. When it's done proceed to the next step.

3. Run 'backup_hannspad.bat' to backup your partitions.
Please save those part?.img somewhere safe. Open the partition.txt and look for the following line: Name=BLO.
Just above, you'll find 'PartitionId=x'.
This number is important, as it tells us which partition holds the Boot LOgo. For me it's partition 7:
PartitionId=7
Name=BLO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=3712
NumSectors=2048
BytesPerSector=2048

4. Once it's done, power off. Then boot once again in APX mode (vol - and power), you might need to do this since sometime the apx command line isn't
really recognized.

5. If your partitionID is not 7, edit the "nvflash_hannspad_splash.bat" from the archive to the relevant number.
Otherwise run it and wait till it's finished. You'll see some progress in the window..

6. When everything is over, just reboot. Yoou should see your new splash screen.

7. If it doesn't work:
- Check the logo.bmp. Your picture must be 1024x655x24bits, check the following section ffor more info.
- Power the tab off, and restart the flash, sometimes apx is peeky.

Hope it helps till we find a better solution.

Quick sum up, for lazy users:
Double check your BLO partition (often 7 on our Hannspad, but could be 6 or Gtablet).
Make a specific bmp, width = 1024, height = 655, and 24bits, save it as logo.bmp
You could also open the one in the archive and edit it to your needs, make sure to keep the settings (1024x655x24).
Reboot the Hannspad in apx with Volume - and Power for a while, till it starts to boot but the screen turns black.
Then run the "nvflash_hannspad_splash.bat" from the archive, it will works just fine.
If your PartitionId is not '7', then you must edit the previous .bat file with the relevant number (for ex, 6).

Reboot and enjoy.
If it doesn't work, post your log or errors here.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 863
  • flash_splash_logo.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 482
Last edited:

ecatapano

Mar 4, 2008
NY
this is very cool thanks!! do you also have a different splash screen you use?

Will this also work for the Droid Incredible 2? Or does it have to be formatted?

Last edited:

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
I think that it should, there's no reason it wouldn't :D
If ever, just say it here and will sort it out.
However, i'm still stuck with the current Hannspad boot logo, i want to come with a clean/simple solution to flash the boot logo.

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Hi everyone, just updated the 1st post with a little video.
I've managed to change the boot logo/splash screen so expect a little tool to perform this :D
Hopefully everyone will mod his/her tablet and we can then show xda that we truely deserve our own section!

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Added a little and dirty tutorial so you guys can start messing with the custom splash screens (until i come with a nice reboot into apx mode solution).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, here's my little contribution to the scene.
    I was upset with the Flashback's Boot animation (no offense to the dev, but for the life of me... it's ugly!) so i decided to "port" the one i use on my HTC Desire.
    So here it is, just copy the bootanimation.zip to your /data/local folder and reboot to enjoy it.

You can either use a file manager (root manager, file manager hd, es file explorer...), i personnally go for the QtADB option (easier way to handle files).
    Here's what it will look like:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYhNWQc1_g[/media]

Edit - 18/Sept/2011:
    Just a little video to show the work in progress.
    I've managed to change the boot logo, working on a little app to ease the process for everyone atm.

Edit - 19/Sept/2011:
    Until i come with a nice solution to reboot in APX mode, please use the following archive to flash a custom splash screen.
    Little dirty tut, wait for a better one.

0. Always make a backup / Download and unpack the main archive / Read the whole tut twice before proceeding.

1. If you have already installed the APX drivers and made a backup of your partitions, please go to step 5.

2. Otherwise just power your tab off, then press Volume - and Power On till the screen turns black.
    Windows will ask for specific drivers, locate them in the previous unpacked archive. When it's done proceed to the next step.

3. Run 'backup_hannspad.bat' to backup your partitions.
    Please save those part?.img somewhere safe. Open the partition.txt and look for the following line: Name=BLO.
    Just above, you'll find 'PartitionId=x'.
    This number is important, as it tells us which partition holds the Boot LOgo. For me it's partition 7:
    PartitionId=7
    Name=BLO
    DeviceId=19
    StartSector=3712
    NumSectors=2048
    BytesPerSector=2048

4. Once it's done, power off. Then boot once again in APX mode (vol - and power), you might need to do this since sometime the apx command line isn't
    really recognized.

5. If your partitionID is not 7, edit the "nvflash_hannspad_splash.bat" from the archive to the relevant number.
    Otherwise run it and wait till it's finished. You'll see some progress in the window..

6. When everything is over, just reboot. Yoou should see your new splash screen.

7. If it doesn't work:
    - Check the logo.bmp. Your picture must be 1024x655x24bits, check the following section ffor more info.
    - Power the tab off, and restart the flash, sometimes apx is peeky.

Hope it helps till we find a better solution.

Quick sum up, for lazy users:
    Double check your BLO partition (often 7 on our Hannspad, but could be 6 or Gtablet).
    Make a specific bmp, width = 1024, height = 655, and 24bits, save it as logo.bmp
    You could also open the one in the archive and edit it to your needs, make sure to keep the settings (1024x655x24).
    Reboot the Hannspad in apx with Volume - and Power for a while, till it starts to boot but the screen turns black.
    Then run the "nvflash_hannspad_splash.bat" from the archive, it will works just fine.
    If your PartitionId is not '7', then you must edit the previous .bat file with the relevant number (for ex, 6).

Reboot and enjoy.
    If it doesn't work, post your log or errors here.