Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2011, 01:59 PM |#31  
Flag Bodø
Thanks Meter: 164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdall

You mean, if the content of the zip is modified, it is not applied ?

I'm sure there are some basic checks involved yes.

IIRC I tried several different approaches and in every case the zip was read and removed
I could not get the update process to trigger at all.

With some reverse engineering it should be fairly easy to figure it out, B&N didn't put much effort into locking down the NST which is why I love it
But I have other projects ongoing for the NST right now so I don't have the time to look into this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ros87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ros87 Ad-Free

20th November 2011, 12:42 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 517

More
It works people!
20th November 2011, 12:44 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdall

But, if I burn touchnooter 1.6.24 on my sdcard and replace framework.jar and uRamdisk (as it is said here), it works for me, that's strange.

And +1 CWM would be very interesting

BTW, out of curiosity, I'm wondering, if I burn touchnooter 1.11.11 on my sdcard, I can't see any Nooter directory as in TN 1.6.24. How does it works ?

You mean, if the content of the zip is modified, it is not applied ?

On 1.11.11 everything was tossed in the uRamdisk, I was having a bad day that day. 1.11.20 has the nooter folder back and I've made some much needed changes.
20th November 2011, 01:38 PM |#34  
Flag Stavropol
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dear GabrialDestruir, download link on the TouchNooter 1.11.20 is down (The requested URL /files/touchnooter-1-1-20.zip was not found on this server.) Help please
20th November 2011, 01:51 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbrOXEr

Dear GabrialDestruir, download link on the TouchNooter 1.11.20 is down (The requested URL /files/touchnooter-1-1-20.zip was not found on this server.) Help please

Sorry, suppose to be 1-11-20 fixed.
20th November 2011, 01:51 PM |#36  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Gabriel, what if we replace uRamdisk, framework.jar, add su, busybox and so on in 1.1 firmware update? Would it be working?
20th November 2011, 02:51 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Gabrial, there's no need to apologize for anything bro. You even with all that stuff happening in your life you still put out a great mod app. As someone who is still learning Android THANK YOU!
20th November 2011, 04:10 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
restore?
I borked my upgrade/root. I didn't follow the steps in order. I know

I erase/deregistered and it appears that the system stays 1.1.0. Good. Reapplied TouchNooter 1.11.20 and it craps out on Market. You Tube & Gmail sync fine. I get an error when starting Market after the TOU agreement. Cancel/Retry popup comes up and an infinity of retries does nothing. Tried it again (deregister/wipe, TN) and same result.

Anyone else getting a market error?

I tried to reapply 1.1.0 update but the NST would not take the update again. Can't find a method to downgrade or restore to 1.0.0.

Any thoughts?

Dave
20th November 2011, 05:08 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzke

I borked my upgrade/root. I didn't follow the steps in order. I know

I erase/deregistered and it appears that the system stays 1.1.0. Good. Reapplied TouchNooter 1.11.20 and it craps out on Market. You Tube & Gmail sync fine. I get an error when starting Market after the TOU agreement. Cancel/Retry popup comes up and an infinity of retries does nothing. Tried it again (deregister/wipe, TN) and same result.

Anyone else getting a market error?

I tried to reapply 1.1.0 update but the NST would not take the update again. Can't find a method to downgrade or restore to 1.0.0.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Did you try this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1289233
It worked for me (I only used the first file of the two) to go back to 1.0.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to italiano1964 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift italiano1964 Ad-Free
20th November 2011, 05:46 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiano1964

Did you try this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1289233
It worked for me (I only used the first file of the two) to go back to 1.0.0.

Thanks! I'll try it now. Didn't see this thread. Saw the other one with no eay solution.

Thanks again.

Dave
20th November 2011, 05:48 PM |#41  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Gabrial,

Did you try to turn multitouch on in order to check BN's claim on multitouch for Nook STR?
I'll try this one later on, maybe I can get my market ("my apps" section) to work again. If I had that, I'd be in heaven... Or I'd start waiting for Xorzone's launcher
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)