Rezound battery fits in thunderbolt

Search This thread

Omen87

Dec 5, 2010
Kansas
Just a fyi, while the thunderbolt will work with the rezond, the opposite is not true. Tried to swap a rezond and my ThunderBolt could not be happier, but the rebound will not boot

Sent from my HTC Mecha using XDA App

I wonder if the Rezound has a way of checking if it has the correct battery installed and will not power up without it's original battery?

Oh FYI, the Rezound standard battery pulls up at $19.99 in my cart at Verizonwireless.com

tekonus

Nov 10, 2010
Just checked on the site while logged into my account. I get a 25% discount and it showed up for $29.99 for me after my discount. That was in the cart, and everything.

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
Just checked on the site while logged into my account. I get a 25% discount and it showed up for $29.99 for me after my discount. That was in the cart, and everything.
One rep told me it's one discount or the other and they don't stack. He did say the 'higher' discount should apply but in your case, it's not. Try again but do NOT login.

Attachments

• rezound-battery.jpg
    rezound-battery.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 335
Reactions: patheimata

Pender1

Apr 6, 2011
So I thought there was a conversation a couple of months ago about not being able to put more power into a battery the same size. Is this battery identical externally or is there a little size difference?

Do you mean to say "not true?" You can fire a bullet for either out of the other (with proper loading). It's the cartridges which are not fully interchangeable.

thank you for fixing that, many don't understand the difference.

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
I bought (2) Rezound batteries and I believe the Rezound is a tiny, tiny amount thicker. They obviously can't make it wider or taller but there is some clearance available with the battery cover.

Reactions: patheimata

stayin100

Jan 13, 2011
14 hours of moderate use today, blown away totally. I was lucky to get eight before!

Sent from my HTC Mecha using XDA App

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
Going on 14 hours of normal usage, battery at 27%. Will be off to bed shortly and usually (if I remember) put it in Airplane mode overnight. I want to run it down to 0% and let it shutdown itself and charge to 100% again for a couple cycles to condition it nicely.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Bwangster12

Jan 3, 2011
New York
Is there any concern about using one of the 3.8V Rezound batteries in the Thunderbolt? I understand that some people are getting a 3.8V labeled battery and some are getting a 3.7V labeled battery.

I should be getting mine today... do I need to worry about using a 3.8V labeled one in my Thunderbolt or should I just try and exchange it?

l7777

May 2, 2007

Bwangster12

Jan 3, 2011
New York
Well, it doesn't look like its a mis-print in voltage on the batteries, as some have shown that the model number on them is different.

But, to your knowledge, it sounds as if the phone only "uses" the voltage it needs? So it being higher is not a big deal, but if it had been like 2.0V, then it wouldn't work?

gsxraddict

Sep 9, 2010
Fontana
Just giving some feedback for those who would like to know. I will admit I haven't been on it much but still can't say this is not impressive.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321983366422.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321983366422.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 339

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Boost your thunderbolt with standard 1620 mah from Rezound compared to 1400 in Thunderbolt. It's 20.00 at Verizon right now great price for an OEM battery. Here is my first charge with new battery.
    62b1e710-1a65-6a7e.jpg

62b1e710-1a77-8b54.jpg

62b1e710-1a87-5dbc.jpg

62b1e710-1a95-b305.jpg

3000+ views and only 3 thank you. Wow I was hoping to pad my thank you meter with this thread. LOL....

Thanks for the tip, picked one up at the local Verizon store this afternoon.

As far as calibrating it goes, I assume you condition the battery in the usual way... pop it in, drain it completely, charge it completely, repeat two or three times, then you're good to go, right?

Charge till green, turn off phone unplug charge till green, unplug turn phone on plug in and charge till green. After that just let it run to 5% before recharging and should be good to go.

What app do you use to display all those battery stats?

It's standard battery use on sense its in settings/about phone/
    Battery/battery use
    Drive to your local Verizon store, that is how I got mine.