Fire Station

Search This thread

swieder711

Anyone besides me looking at the Kindle Firestation? It looks like a cool device to install the KF on my night stand. It is a recharging dock with built-in speakers.

Here is a link to some product info, http://www.readerdock.com/index.php/how-firestation-works/

The price is a bit steep at $60. I may wait to some reviews come out and the price drops.

Anyone using something similar?

jluke86

May 2, 2011
Seems pretty cool other than the audio jack connection. I like it when devices like this just push audio out the USB connection.

Dassen

Mar 10, 2011
Nanuet
Anyone besides me looking at the Kindle Firestation? It looks like a cool device to install the KF on my night stand. It is a recharging dock with built-in speakers.

The price is a bit steep at $60. I may wait to some reviews come out and the price drops.

Anyone using something similar?

I actually use a $10 GPS dashboard mount I picked up a radioshack, Suctions to the window ledge very nicely.
Downside is its only big enough to hold the Fire in Portrait ... I could just rotate the mount and it allows me to use it in Landscape but it throws off the balance of the stand.

I got everything I need from Radioshack - Dashmount for GPS - $10
Adhesive disk for mounting - $5