Thunderbolt PowerSkin $0.01

Search This thread

nategodin

Feb 4, 2011
Bangor, ME
I picked one of these up a couple months ago when they were on sale for $20, now they're on clearance for $0.01 plus shipping. One caveat is that they make the phone a little too bulky to comfortably keep in your front pocket if you're wearing jeans, but if you live in a temperate area, you're probably keeping your phone in a coat pocket this time of year, anyway. You also lose the ability to use the kickstand in portrait orientation without removing the phone from the case, but for me that doesn't come up too often, and if I really want to do it, doesn't really take very long to pop the phone out and disconnect the charging cable. The edge has a nice tight fit, doesn't seem to trap dirt around the edges like some cases do, the back has a big battery that just about doubles the life of the phone (mine already had pretty good battery life after upgrading to a Rezound battery) and also gives your camera lens some protection. A pretty nice accessory for anyone on a two-year contract who's going to be rocking the Thunderbolt for at least a few more months!

http://www.power-skin.com/battery-cases/htc/thunderbolt-battery-case.php

Last edited:

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
Thanks to the OP. I ordered one and already received it, charged it, and briefly tried it on for size. I will warn folks that the case is pretty large and adds considerable size and weight to the already bulky and heavy Tbolt. The materials used and look of the case is fine (though I guess the rubber will act as a lint magnet if you keep your phone in your pocket), and getting close to twice battery life is a really good thing. But I am not so sure I would want to use it daily.... perhaps it is really well-suited for trips where you may not have ready access to a plug. I also have a Trent external battery which I bring in my backpack on trips. This case probably would be a good solution when I know I will be traveling but don't want to carry the backpack or Trent external battery.

For $5, it gets a :good: but a qualified one...

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Mine just got here. Build quality seems really good. Pretty thick though...I think this is as better option than an extended battery since you can easily take it off without fooling with covers, etc. And it is easy to charge separately in your hotel room (no need to carry a battery charger or swap batteries at night etc). I figure I can put it on and support the battery during the day in my bag and take it off and put just the phone in my pocket at night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Mine just got here. Build quality seems really good. Pretty thick though...I think this is as better option than an extended battery since you can easily take it off without fooling with covers, etc. And it is easy to charge separately in your hotel room (no need to carry a battery charger or swap batteries at night etc). I figure I can put it on and support the battery during the day in my bag and take it off and put just the phone in my pocket at night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

How exactly does this charge your phone. I'm a little confused here

Never mind I couldn't see much from my phone.

Last edited:

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
How exactly does this charge your phone. I'm a little confused here

Never mind I couldn't see much from my phone.

Pull up the picture of the case.
Where it bulks out on the side of the case, there is a charging plug built in that plugs into the charging port of your phone... just like your normal charger. The case charges just as your phone battery does and holds a charge. Once your phone is ready to be charged, you simply just turn on the case and the charge that is being held in the case is transferred into your phones battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Ok one question. I have the extended and the original battery. Will this only work with the original battery?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
Ok one question. I have the extended and the original battery. Will this only work with the original battery?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

As the previous poster said, the PowerSkin wouldn't work with the extended battery (wouldn't fit over the hump, but works with the Rezound and other replacement batteries that fit in the stock battery cover). It would be scary fat if such a PowerSkin was made that could work with the extended battery ("Is that a brick in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"). :laugh:

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
As the previous poster said, the PowerSkin wouldn't work with the extended battery (wouldn't fit over the hump, but works with the Rezound and other replacement batteries that fit in the stock battery cover). It would be scary fat if such a PowerSkin was made that could work with the extended battery ("Is that a brick in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"). :laugh:

LOL I don't mind it with the extended battery in. The stock battery life is just terrible

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium HD app

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
This power-skin company pissed me off today. One of the power-skins that I ordered went bad and does not charge, come on or do anything.
Anyways, I sent a message to do the warranty return on it because it has a 1 year warranty on it... right? Wrong! Apparently when a product they have is on sale, it only is covered for 30 days and they truly failed to mention that, didn't they?!

Yeah, so that company officially blows... in my opinion.

Beware of their "sale" items because if they go bad after 30 days, you're screwed.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
This power-skin company pissed me off today. One of the power-skins that I ordered went bad and does not charge, come on or do anything.
Anyways, I sent a message to do the warranty return on it because it has a 1 year warranty on it... right? Wrong! Apparently when a product they have is on sale, it only is covered for 30 days and they truly failed to mention that, didn't they?!

Yeah, so that company officially blows... in my opinion.

Beware of their "sale" items because if they go bad after 30 days, you're screwed.

Good to know. Now I won't be getting one for my TB

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I picked one of these up a couple months ago when they were on sale for $20, now they're on clearance for $0.01 plus shipping. One caveat is that they make the phone a little too bulky to comfortably keep in your front pocket if you're wearing jeans, but if you live in a temperate area, you're probably keeping your phone in a coat pocket this time of year, anyway. You also lose the ability to use the kickstand in portrait orientation without removing the phone from the case, but for me that doesn't come up too often, and if I really want to do it, doesn't really take very long to pop the phone out and disconnect the charging cable. The edge has a nice tight fit, doesn't seem to trap dirt around the edges like some cases do, the back has a big battery that just about doubles the life of the phone (mine already had pretty good battery life after upgrading to a Rezound battery) and also gives your camera lens some protection. A pretty nice accessory for anyone on a two-year contract who's going to be rocking the Thunderbolt for at least a few more months!

http://www.power-skin.com/battery-cases/htc/thunderbolt-battery-case.php
    You can get one for free with the coupon MYFREEPSK :D