[APP] AMeBa: Adapting Menu Bar for WM6.5.x [v0.8 release candidate - 31/Mar/2010]

Search This thread

SOHKis

Apr 29, 2008
VA
is anyone else unable to sync through activesync & data connection w/.3.1?

it shows connected, but if i turn off the data connection & then hit sync nothing happens (data remains off). if i uninstall i can sync again

xtep

Jul 1, 2008
How does this compare to showcase in terms of memory usage?
I don't know about showcase but fdcsoft taskmanager said that AMeBa uses only 1k

However, it seems I have a small issue using it with CorePlayer (CP). Each time it close CP tapping and holding the close button, it seems that CP does not save the movie I'm watching time I stopped in its library.

When closing application using AMeBa, do you kill th task instead of nicely closing it?

I'm afraid that is a problem in CorePlayer because AMeBa closes the apps frendly sending a WM_CLOSE message to the main window. Anyway, I'm going to do some tests with CP.

I will integrate it in my next ROM if u allow

Of course, this tool is free.

V

vogonj

is anyone else unable to sync through activesync & data connection w/.3.1?

it shows connected, but if i turn off the data connection & then hit sync nothing happens (data remains off). if i uninstall i can sync again

same here, the moment I stop AMeba synchronization starts (Diamond 1 build28004 <-> Windows7). No need to uninstall AMeBa, just stopping the process and syncing is fine.
Hope this gets fixed, then this program is a must for every rom :)

zer0es

Feb 9, 2009
Hi,
Can anyone confirm that will this conflict with e-mail?
Previously, running this and opening email will crash the device.
Is it fine now?

If it is fine, this is one good alternative for Showcase :D

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
Nice very Nice app and light..

with 0.2 i have all the time crashes on Rhodium but on 3.1 i have 1 or 2 crashes.. like MSN MESSEGER i hope to fix that is so great app...

thanks for your hard work

Last edited:

SOHKis

Apr 29, 2008
VA
same here, the moment I stop AMeba synchronization starts (Diamond 1 build28004 <-> Windows7). No need to uninstall AMeBa, just stopping the process and syncing is fine.
Hope this gets fixed, then this program is a must for every rom :)
glad to hear it's not just me, yeah w/that one small issue fixed i think it'll be a must for 6.5.x

Last edited:

xtep

Jul 1, 2008
Hi,
Can anyone confirm that will this conflict with e-mail?
Previously, running this and opening email will crash the device.
Is it fine now?

You haven't reported that bug before. Could you explain better what the problem is and the steps to reproduce it?

Nice very Nice app and light..

with 0.2 i have all the time crashes on Rhodium but on 3.1 i have one to crashes.. about the program... like MSN MESSEGER i hope to fix that is so great app...

I don't understand you. Could you explain better what the problem is and the steps to reproduce it?

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
@XTEP
sorry about that msg :)

When install 0.2 then all apps crash...
now on 0.3.1b all working better but still 1 - 2 apps is not compatible and i still have problems like msn messenger.. i use the latest.. from market place..

MSN does not connected.. after email and pass screen loading all the time...

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
n

xtep,

I'm afraid that is a problem in CorePlayer because AMeBa closes the apps frendly sending a WM_CLOSE message to the main window. Anyway, I'm going to do some tests with CP.

I did some further tests. If I use CorePlayer's exit button, no issue, even using MortScript's close function seems to work correctly.

Then it may be related to the WM build I use (28004)?

I'm planning to change some pieces of software on my BlackStone. I'll let you know.

Anyway, I still think this is what WM was missing...
The_Steph

SiemensLover

Mar 15, 2008
not @ Home
@ xtep

i have the following issue
Diamond - WM6.5.3 Build 28005 - AMeBa v. 0.3.1b

I started this as i in the next day my Diamond was OFF and the battery was totaly drained!

wenn i connect my phone to PC (W7) it starts Sync normal. Wenn i tap the Power Off Button (Hardware) the display goes OFF normaly, wenn i tap it again the display goes ON and Sync starts again normaly, BUT wenn i repeat this 2-3 times the display will NOT go ON and i have complete freeze in my phone and have to do a Soft Reset (HW Button).

I UNinstall the AMeBa und tried again as above but no problems every things works fine

Thanx again

WBR
Siemens Lover

Last edited:

zer0es

Feb 9, 2009
Email wouldn't open. It would load the account list, but when i selected the account, it would suddenly go transparent, yet changing the titlebar/bottom bar as if it loaded the email account.

This is what i meant in my previous post;)
But i tried it myself n it seems there's no prob with this anymore:D

One question though,
How can i configure my HoldStart key to run programs?
I put in \Program Files\TaskFacade\TaskFacade.exe in StartHoldRun but nothing happens:confused:

danilovac

Oct 17, 2006
This is what i meant in my previous post;)
But i tried it myself n it seems there's no prob with this anymore:D

One question though,
I put in \Program Files\TaskFacade\TaskFacade.exe in StartHoldRun but nothing happens:confused:

I also have the same problem, i am trying task facade too, and when I hold the start button, nothing happens

xtep

Jul 1, 2008

I'm afraid that it is a bug in my code: both tap and hold actions read the program to run from StartTapAction or CloseTapAction.

I'll solve that on nezt build. Try setting StartTapRun to \Program Files\TaskFacade\TaskFacade.exe until then.

I did some further tests. If I use CorePlayer's exit button, no issue, even using MortScript's close function seems to work correctly.

I have tested it myself (coreplayer 1.3.6) and Cp remeber the last play position when I close it with AMeBa. :confused:

Last edited:

SOHKis

Apr 29, 2008
VA
will the activesync issues be addressed in the next build xtep..?

Thanks for the continued support & progress!

xtep

Jul 1, 2008
will the activesync issues be addressed in the next build xtep..?

Thanks for the continued support & progress!

I'm working on that but it is quite frustrating because I cannot find a cause.

If I don't found a fix, I will create a key with a exclusion list (that is a list of apps that does not work with AMeBa).

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
I have tested it myself (coreplayer 1.3.6) and Cp remeber the last play position when I close it with AMeBa. :confused:

xTep,

My apologies, I messed up my tests. I was not closing CorePlayer using AMeBa but minimising it. When I clicked the second time on CP, a new instance was launched and this time with no movie to view (that made me think CP was losing info). Probably because I did not set up AMeBa as expected.

Sorry for all that mess :eek:

Anyway, I think I also suffer the ActiveSync issue :(

If a debug mode is available I's gladly provide information. Your piece of software is so promising...
The_Steph

Last edited:

SOHKis

Apr 29, 2008
VA
cool, thanks man! don't stress over it. i just wanted to make sure you were aware that it existed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had issue with start menu freezing for few sec or even mins when opened on boot up.

Came to know it was AMeBa service fault.

Fixed it by removing "Order"=dword:0000000F in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\AMeBa key.

Now start menu doesn't freezing when opened. :)

Thanks...
    Best Regards