[Q] app drawer launcher in notification tray?

Search This thread

johnnydeathmatch

Aug 24, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm working on my wife's and mother-in-law's NCs for Christmas. I don't want to replace the stock nook launcher, because both will be doing a lot of reading on the devices, and LauncherPro might make it a bit harder to use for the mother-in-law.

Is there an app that can launch just the app drawer from the notification tray? Since the stock nook launcher doesn't update new apps until you reboot, I thought that something sitting in the tray that could open all the apps on the device would be handy.

I've been looking all morning and was hoping that somebody here knows of something like that. Thanks!

johnnydeathmatch

Aug 24, 2010
Boise, ID
Found something: in case anybody else has a need similar to mine, here is a two-app solution that I figured out.

App 1: Appicker. This app is sort of like an app drawer, it has some better features but it works just fine for launching apps.

App 2: Quick Launch. Quick launch is what makes the magic happen. It lets you set an app to launch with certain button presses. I went into the settings of this app and set Appicker to launch when I double click the home button.

Note: Appicker could be replaced by any other app launching app that you find that's better. I saw some others, like TaskOS, and I'm going to compare them all.

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Let us know if you find a better solution. I'm outfitting a NC for a Christmas gift myself.

TainT

Aug 27, 2007
A Desert ****Hole
I went with adw launcher and configured it to open the app drawer with an upswipe.

Between that and the library tab being in the middle of the launcher I think my 80 yr old mom has it figured
Galaxy Tabs.....Worth every penny!!

Reactions: johnnydeathmatch

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
the best way is to install soft keys...press the 'n' and have home set to soft keys.
then install your fav launcher and have the 'n' to always open that launcher.
wen you press the 'n' it will take you to the downloaded launcher but wen u press the soft keys home button it will take you to the original nook color home
this is wut I did for my moms nook color

Reactions: johnnydeathmatch

KidVulcan

Jan 13, 2011
Found something: in case anybody else has a need similar to mine, here is a two-app solution that I figured out.

App 1: Appicker. This app is sort of like an app drawer, it has some better features but it works just fine for launching apps.

App 2: Quick Launch. Quick launch is what makes the magic happen. It lets you set an app to launch with certain button presses. I went into the settings of this app and set Appicker to launch when I double click the home button.

Note: Appicker could be replaced by any other app launching app that you find that's better. I saw some others, like TaskOS, and I'm going to compare them all.
Sorry if I'm reviving the dead here but I just found this post. Dose anyone know of something similar to Quick Launch but that's free? I don't have a google acc. set up to accept payments

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I went with adw launcher and configured it to open the app drawer with an upswipe.

Between that and the library tab being in the middle of the launcher I think my 80 yr old mom has it figured
    Galaxy Tabs.....Worth every penny!!
    the best way is to install soft keys...press the 'n' and have home set to soft keys.
    then install your fav launcher and have the 'n' to always open that launcher.
    wen you press the 'n' it will take you to the downloaded launcher but wen u press the soft keys home button it will take you to the original nook color home
    this is wut I did for my moms nook color