[mod] [download fix] [ec09] [includes tsm/nameless] [7/10/11]

Search This thread

DaleV

Dec 12, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Here is a little workaround or fix, either way, for the EC09 download problem. I have tried it on stock EC09, replace apk and remove odex file. It also works on TSM and Nameless, I have tried it on all of them.

There are some apk's provided here that if you replace what is currently in your /system/app folder they will fix the download issues.It also makes youtube and netflix work reliably, at least in my case. I have not had others test this out, I wanted to get this out to the XDA community to try out. You have to copy these into the app folder, if you try installing it will fail, I have used root explorer, available in market (not free), and Android Commander, Google it (requires Android SDK setup) to copy these strait to the app folder. your phone will vibrate through most of this it's just complaining about the change. Now for what you really want, the files, ok fine here they are. Please feel free to post results, good or bad, here.

Download Provider APK
Download Provider UI APK
DRM Provider APK
DRM UA APK
SEC Download Provider APK
Security Provider APK

BTW: after every reboot i get a DRM has stopped working message right as everything finishes loading, just click on the Force Close. It only seems to happen on boot and after you close it the app will work fine.

Now you can also get this in a flashable zip courtesy of BakedTator, thanks for the hook up on that.
Download Fix Zip File

OK Devs, Hope these help y'all figure out whats wrong with our leak, if not PLEASE feel free to use these.

And an extra little treat, Netflix from the market works even though it isn't available to us yet, so here it is, non modded downloaded and tested with all EC09 builds, and it has worked on every one of them for me.

Netflix Market App

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Here is a little workaround or fix, either way, for the EC09 download problem. I have tried it on stock EC09, replace apk and remove odex file. It also works on TSM and Nameless, I have tried it on all of them.

There are some apk's provided here that if you replace what is currently in your /system/app folder they will fix the download issues.It also makes youtube and netflix work reliably, at least in my case. I have not had others test this out, I wanted to get this out to the XDA community to try out. You have to copy these into the app folder, if you try installing it will fail, I have used root explorer, available in market (not free), and Android Commander, Google it (requires Android SDK setup) to copy these strait to the app folder. your phone will vibrate through most of this it's just complaining about the change. Now for what you really want, the files, ok fine here they are. Please feel free to post results, good or bad, here.

Download Provider APK
Download Provider UI APK
DRM Provider APK
DRM UA APK
Security Provider APK

OK Devs, Hope these help y'all figure out whats wrong with our leak, if not PLEASE feel free to use these.

And an extra little treat, Netflix from the market works even though it isn't available to us yet, so here it is, non modded downloaded and tested with all EC09 builds, and it has worked on every one of them for me.

Netflix Market App

where specifically did you pull these from? or if you modded them yourself, what did you do

Reactions: Vinnie981

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
nice fix...worked perfectly for me on my mesmerize...if you would like, ill package this in a flashable zip

DaleV

Dec 12, 2010
Mesa, AZ
where specifically did you pull these from? or if you modded them yourself, what did you do

Can't remember for sure but I think I got them from the nitrality, or something like that, app, in the market. The appear lets you download updated apps for sgs phones. I will find the app again and let you know for sure Jitsu, I don't have that kind of TSM skill YET to mod apps.

Just found it it was the nitrality app from the market.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

GrainOsand

Jan 5, 2011
So, flash this after flashing ComRom GB?
Flash in the same session, or after letting GB fully boot?

Sent via Tapatalk

If you flash a kernel or recovery you have to reboot directly after flashing it. Hence the giant =) SYSTEM UPDATED REBOOT NOW! when flashing either.... If no kernel or recovery then no need to reboot between....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

times_infinity

If you flash a kernel or recovery you have to reboot directly after flashing it. Hence the giant =) SYSTEM UPDATED REBOOT NOW! when flashing either.... If no kernel or recovery then no need to reboot between....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Meh, if this zip isn't flashing a kernel then it can be flashed pretty much immeditately after commrom. The system update text that flashes everywhere is produced by redbend_ua during kernel flashing. bmlwrite doesn't do that. Soo flashing this after flashing the should be fine.

Sent from my I500 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download Provider APK
    Download Provider UI APK
    DRM Provider APK
    DRM UA APK
    Security Provider APK

BTW: after every reboot i get a DRM has stopped working message right as everything finishes loading, just click on the Force Close. It only seems to happen on boot and after you close it the app will work fine.

Now you can also get this in a flashable zip courtesy of BakedTator, thanks for the hook up on that.
    Download Fix Zip File

Netflix Market App
    heres a link to the flashable .zip file for anyone that wants it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LPCDD66C

all credit to dalev for finding this
    nice fix...worked perfectly for me on my mesmerize...if you would like, ill package this in a flashable zip

That would be great, I am still very much a beginner with android and linux, I know windows, but I'm learning. Any help y'all can provide is of course welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Download Provider APK
    Download Provider UI APK
    DRM Provider APK
    DRM UA APK
    Security Provider APK

Netflix Market App