[ROM] CM7-GBKernel .621

Search This thread

fly4awhtgye

Apr 13, 2013
Florida Panhandle
Tried and true ROM for a great classic phone...

QK1wIva.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Have created a CM7 rom for rooted 621 and it should a lot easier to use now that I have tested personally and everything works as it should no need for gapps as it has vendor.apk in it and it will update to playstore.

Flashing Instructions

1:Back-up always
    2:full wipe
    3:install rom via CWR or bootstrap
    4:Gapps arent needed but you may flash just to be comfortable
    5: reboot
    6: leave me feedback
    7: enjoy

Downloads

Rom: http://www.4shared.com/zip/PvWul1cI/KiladarsCM7GBKERNEL.html?

Gapps: http://www.4shared.com/zip/tDblkDjI/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.html?

Known Bugs:
    Settings does not open working on it right now.
    let me know what you guys think.

change log:
    Settings updated should work now
    I Have finally fixed the settings
    I believe it should. I only have my 621. Flash at your own risk.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app
    ok I'll flash later then thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

If your scared that your phone may brick or boot loop remember to back up and if you need me to i can find you a tutorial to unbrick your device just for comfort
    Downloading Now. I just hope it's for the rooted .621 Non-Milestone hack. The Milestone hack (for root) is .604.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium

Update:
    First I tried it without gapps. Everything booted fine, but there was no market nor would accounts/ sync let me add Google account.
    So, I rebooted into recovery, which worked fine, and flashed gapps.
    This time on boot, I actually got the Droid X welcome screen, was able to put in Google info, and market initiator ran and updated.
    After that everything worked fine.
    Tested Bluetooth, Messages, Gps and Calls. Didn't get chance to try Wifi yet, but I'm sure it works since everything-else does.
    The only thing that Would be better is an updated Superuser. The 1 included will NOT update SU Binary. I think it's the old edify binary. Even by updating Superuser in the market WON'T help. Although an easy fix is to get RootUninstaller and uninstall Rom Superuser, then download new 1 from the market and install.

Keep up the hard work. Nice Rom.
    Downloading Now. I just hope it's for the rooted .621 Non-Milestone hack. The Milestone hack (for root) is .604.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium

Update:
    First I tried it without gapps. Everything booted fine, but there was no market nor would accounts/ sync let me add Google account.
    So, I rebooted into recovery, which worked fine, and flashed gapps.
    This time on boot, I actually got the Droid X welcome screen, was able to put in Google info, and market initiator ran and updated.
    After that everything worked fine.
    Tested Bluetooth, Messages, Gps and Calls. Didn't get chance to try Wifi yet, but I'm sure it works since everything-else does.
    The only thing that Would be better is an updated Superuser. The 1 included will NOT update SU Binary. I think it's the old edify binary. Even by updating Superuser in the market WON'T help. Although an easy fix is to get RootUninstaller and uninstall Rom Superuser, then download new 1 from the market and install.

Keep up the hard work. Nice Rom.

wifi works just fine with it, and I agree bout the updated superuser since you cant uninstall the one you have with it which means you also cant update to the new superuser because they are different volumes but over all nice ROM.:good: