[GUIDE] Get 48 GB Free promotional Dropbox space

Search This thread

bo8

Jul 19, 2013
Toronto
Did not work for me =(. Could it be because I already had the promotion from the HTC One X when they ran that?

Should the permissions for everything be rw-r-r?

It's specifically a Samsung promo so shouldn't be affected by your HTC One X install.

I didnt have to set any perms.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
I did this on an international rom earlier and then tried different IDs, took out my sim and even tried 6 other roms and cannot get it to work for my friend :/ also did the build prop method as well. Oh well I guess.

hemmie

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for the awesome port, I'm going to try this out in my AOSP Rom on ATT S4 and let you guys know.

Just jump into to say this Rocks. I just got my new bonus space for two years.
NOTE: If you are account already got the bonus space in the past then you don't get it anymore no matter what phone model you use. You only get it once.

nespid

Oct 21, 2008
Kearny, NJ
working on nexus 7 2012

Thanks so much!

also, I'm now at 77 gb with the HTC one x promo I used.

Attachments

• 2013-11-19-15-02-28.jpg
    2013-11-19-15-02-28.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 497

nespid

Oct 21, 2008
Kearny, NJ
can anyone verify that doing this on different devices aside from an s4 could result in DB deactivating your account?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw a post in this thread about getting the promotional space on AT&T S4 without flashing TMobile roms. I gave it a try, and it worked just fine. So I thought of sharing the files with you. I pulled them out of a deodexed TMobile rom.

Download the attached file. You need to push Dropbox.apk and DropboxOOBE.apk into system/app and fix permission. Then you need to push com.dropboxpartner into system/framework and again fix permission.

Then, you need to modify the build.prop using a root explorer. Find the following lines and modify them as follow:

ro.product.model=SGH-M919
    ro.product.name=jfltetmo
    ro.product.device=jfltetmo

Reboot your device, open the Dropbox app, and log in with your existing account, or create a new account. You will receive an email, and after fulfilling 5 of the 7 tasks, you will receive the 48 GB promotional space. After fulfilling the tasks, you can restore your build.prop to its original state.

Attached Files:
    http://d-h.st/fZJ
    I saw a post in this thread about getting the promotional space on AT&T S4 without flashing TMobile roms. I gave it a try, and it worked just fine. So I thought of sharing the files with you. I pulled them out of a deodexed TMobile rom.

Download the attached file. You need to push Dropbox.apk and DropboxOOBE.apk into system/app and fix permission. Then you need to push com.dropboxpartner into system/framework and again fix permission.

Then, you need to modify the build.prop using a root explorer. Find the following lines and modify them as follow:

ro.product.model=SGH-M919
    ro.product.name=jfltetmo
    ro.product.device=jfltetmo

Reboot your device, open the Dropbox app, and log in with your existing account, or create a new account. You will receive an email, and after fulfilling 5 of the 7 tasks, you will receive the 48 GB promotional space. After fulfilling the tasks, you can restore your build.prop to its original state.

Attached Files:
    http://d-h.st/fZJ

Worked great for me, thanks! I already had 12GB and had completed the 5 Getting Started steps long ago. When I signed into the DropBox app and got it setup, I suddenly had 60GB for 24months and an email from DropBox.

Here's the instructions I followed:

• Cleared cache of, cleared data of, and uninstalled the DropBox app I already had.
    • Reminder: backup your build.prop
    • I ended up using this build.prop Editor. When you open it, use the menu key to make a backup before touching anything. Then scroll through and make the changes prescribed in the OP.
    • Downloaded the file attached in OP.
    • Extracted files using my computer to my internal sdcard. Possible to do this with apps on your phone (various file explorers or unzip programs), but I found it easier to just do it over USB/MTP.
    • Fired up ADB Shell - could also use a terminal emulator from the device, but do not use the "stop" command below if you are using an emulator on the device.
    • Performed the following commands (after running "adb shell" from a command line on the computer):
      Code:
      $ su
      # mount -o rw,remount /system
      # stop
      # cp /sdcard/Dropbox.apk /system/app
      # cp /sdcard/DropboxOOBE.apk /system/app
      # cp /sdcard/com.dropboxpartner.jar /system/framework
      # reboot recovery
    • Device rebooted into TWRP, where I used the Advanced menu to Fix Permissions.
    • Rebooted back into the System like normal.
    • Opened the DropBox app and signed in. Setup the camera sync again of course (awesome feature).
    • Checked my mail - Woot.
    • Used the build.prop editor to restore my build.prop
    • Closed the build.prop editor and re-opened. For some reason after restoring the backup, the restored changes were not reflected until I restarted the editor. Whatever, but it worked.
    Perfectly working.

Followed general instructions (used FX root explorer instead of Android Terminal for dropping apks in designated locations) and this worked just fine without a hitch. I appreciate the straightforward and simple instructions.
    Using terminal emulator, after using #stop, device screen goes black... what do I do, just wait?:confused:

You need to do it from your computer terminal/shell using adb shell command through the USB, not using a terminal emulator on the device. Stop does exactly what it says, it stops the device from running I think , or maybe just pauses.

You should be able to copy the files without stop though, it's probably riskier, and then you need to use reboot. You just need to copy the files into the right locations and then fix the permissions.
    Using terminal emulator, after using #stop, device screen goes black... what do I do, just wait?:confused:

These are linux commands. Stop, stops your device, and you cannot use it unless you reboot it. You can punch in the commands through your computer (this way, you need to install android sdk. Then, open the installed folder, and go to sdk\platform-tools. Here, you should hold shift, right click and select "open command window here", and punch the commands). Also, you can simply use a root explorer, and manually move the files to their folders and fix permissions