[HELP] Disable S-VIEW

Search This thread

Th3DON

Mar 7, 2013
Hi fellow devs nd members of xda,

I have got problems with my Galaxy S4.. The sview is flashing throughout my screen without any S-Cover or any magnetic material. This happens randomly.. So I need to disable the s-view service and associated files.

I have tried the following :
1. Disable s-view from system settings
2. Renamed and changed permission for system/app/sview service.apk

I heard from another developer to change the value from OPEN to CLOSE in hall_detect file located at sys/devices/virtual/sec/sec_key. But I can't write into the file or rename the file.. The only thing I can do is change the permissions, but that doesn't help..

Does anyone have any idea how this sview works. It's become annoying when I play movies or games on my S4.. :(

Many thanks
AJ

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: gp545

Th3DON

Mar 7, 2013
and a quick note, it seems like it will flash up when using the mobile data or on a phone call.

irscotty

Jul 18, 2014
Basingstoke
If you're rooted you could try the xposed modules, there's one in there that disables S-View.

I will edit this post if I find the specifics.

Install Xposed from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
Install my module http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Android/Xposed/DisableSView.apk

It's as close as you can get without disabling the sensor. I didn't hook into the phone so that might still show the S-View window, but that's no biggie. Also, the Smart Stay icon disappears, but hey, that can be a plus :p

Last edited:

Th3DON

Mar 7, 2013
If you're rooted you could try the xposed modules, there's one in there that disables S-View.

I will edit this post if I find the specifics.

I have tried this method already but didn't work for me.. I have also tried a module known as Magnet Off but nothing worked for me.. :(

After KitKat update I guess! Didn't had this problem in JB. Deleted SecView apk and seems to be fine so far though ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Could you please tell the location of secview apk file. I will try this

jsomaniax

Jan 22, 2009
Have you ever figured out how to turn off S-view magnet sensor? I have the same problem with a magnetic car mount and it's very annoying.

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida

I have got problems with my Galaxy S4.. The sview is flashing throughout my screen without any S-Cover or any magnetic material. This happens randomly.. So I need to disable the s-view service and associated files.

I heard from another developer to change the value from OPEN to CLOSE in hall_detect file located at sys/devices/virtual/sec/sec_key. But I can't write into the file or rename the file.. The only thing I can do is change the permissions, but that doesn't help..

Does anyone have any idea how this sview works. It's become annoying when I play movies or games on my S4.. :(

Many thanks
AJ

Well people say just by removing the L1 screw in our phones under the back, the issue gets resolved.
There is one screw name L1 just under our cover.

Press Thanks if I helped :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.

Reactions: Th3DON

alkoforumm

Feb 29, 2012
Well people say just by removing the L1 screw in our phones under the back, the issue gets resolved.

Hey Man,
didn't work for me with my GT-I9500 and "The AirDock" still the s view lock screen comes on. Had that screw fully removed and had put the back on after that. Anyone other Ideas ?

Could someone upload their orginal SViewService.apk + SViewService.odex (both in system/app) because I have accidentally delete my ?

Last edited:

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Hey Man,
didn't work for me with my GT-I9500 and "The AirDock" still the s view lock screen comes on. Had that screw fully removed and had put the back on after that. Anyone other Ideas ?

Couly someone upload their orginal SViewService.apk + SViewService.odex (both in system/app) because I have accidentally delete my ?

My problem stopped when i just force stopped the sview app from application manager 4-5 times...

Well here are the apps.

https://db.tt/aT7lkxix

Reactions: alkoforumm

alkoforumm

Feb 29, 2012
My problem stopped when i just force stopped the sview app from application manager 4-5 times...

Well here are the apps.

First Thanks for uploading your files but sadly I think I broke something because I geting only a black screen with statusbar at the top even when I paste in your files back in and this happens since I accidentally delete my. (before that black screen with time, date and so on)

I found no process or app or autostart that contains "s view" or something like that. How did find it and how was it named ?

Last edited:

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
First Thanks for uploading your files but sadly I think I broke something because I geting only a black screen with status since I accidentally delete my. (before that black screen with time, date and so on)

I found no process or app or autostart that contains "s view" or something like that. How did find it and how was it named ?

I used to forcestop this.

Attachments

• 1408027381459.jpg
    1408027381459.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 285

alkoforumm

Feb 29, 2012
I used to forcestop this.

Okay I understand. My problem is I can't find it (screenshot) there mainly I broke it somehow but do you know if there is any way to install a app back into touchwiz framework because when I try to install that apk it fails.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-14-16-55-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-14-16-55-42.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 308

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Okay I understand. My problem is I can't find it (screenshot) there mainly I broke it somehow but do you know if there is any way to install a app back into touchwiz framework because when I try to install that apk it fails.

Reflash an official rom. All the apks will come back. :)

Reactions: alkoforumm

alkoforumm

Feb 29, 2012
Reflash an official rom. All the apks will come back. :)

You saved my ass, thanks for that. After getting root and so on I tried to follow your instructions. The App was there and I stopped it but needed only one tap (clicked once ->Force Stop) and then stick it on the phone holder but again the S View Cover Screen comes on (with time/date and status bar). I have no clue what to do now because I can't deactivate the app even.

EDIT: When I deactivate the app per third party app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SystemCleanup.Inteks.org) the black screen comes on without time and date. So there is any other process that start when a magnet comes close to the S4 ?

Last edited:

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
You saved my ass, thanks for that. After getting root and so on I tried to follow your instructions. The App was there and I stopped it but needed only one tap (clicked once ->Force Stop) and then stick it on the phone holder but again the S View Cover Screen comes on (with time/date and status bar). I have no clue what to do now because I can't deactivate the app even.

Does your dock have something magnetic??
A magnet triggers that stupid sview.

Use any custom rom that doesnot have sview. It shall get solved.

alkoforumm

Feb 29, 2012
Does your dock have something magnetic??
A magnet triggers that stupid sview.

Use any custom rom that doesnot have sview. It shall get solved.

Yes, of course the holder has magnets too so yeah I know its triggering that view but I thought that view could be fully disabled without a custom rom.

A custom rom is no solve for me right now.
The Question would be how the S View got removed in the roms then I could do the same for my stock rom.
Found out that the Hall Sensor triggers that but found nothing to disable or something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Th3DON

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Many thanks
    AJ

Is this anything with MODEM/RADIO ? :crying:

I do have this issue! It's damn annoying :( I moved to AOSP because of this weird issue!
    Sad to hear, when it is started. I have this problem since replacement of screen + frame.

After KitKat update I guess! Didn't had this problem in JB. Deleted SecView apk and seems to be fine so far though ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Many thanks
    AJ

Hey Man,

Couly someone upload their orginal SViewService.apk + SViewService.odex (both in system/app) because I have accidentally delete my ?

Well here are the apps.