[MOD][Buttons]Search as Power-Power as Search (UPDATE: Revolution JB 2.20,Evo 2.20 )

Search This thread

algie17

Jan 14, 2011
San Pablo
OP, can you do the inverse of this:''Search button as Power button''?(I have tried and failed).Thanks!

,i have a zip of defaultkeys(all) flash it,defaultkeys(all) reverted back the keys function,ahm if you will use the manual mode,pls set the permission to rw-r-r-,also you can do the uninstall mod,^^,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    modbuttonfinal.png

This is a Mod that remaps your search button and make it a power button and your power button as search button.

Tested on:
    Kitkat Based:
    CM11 KitKat 4.4.

JellyBean Based:
    CM10(build 5), cm10.1 (nightly)(RC1), Rashed's CM10build7, EvoKing (1.7)(1.8)(1.9beta1)(2.20)(10.1.13)(10.2), slimbean, 4.2.2 (RC3)(RC6), AOKP (4.1.2,4.2.2), ParanoidAndroid, Revolution (JB 2.20), CM10.1.5, CM10.1.6.

IceCreamSandwich Based:
    AOKP (Milestone-5)(Build #35)(Build #36)(4.0.4), CM9 (youlookbeautiful)(4wisemonkey)(loveme[FINAL])(premature),CAF (chargeme), ICS_DYNAMITE (v2,v4), Dynamite 4.5G.ICS, LG3 UI V1, MIUI v4 (Both Snap Series and Kaio-Ken), XperiaICS, Oxygen 3 (ICS), ICS 9.3.

GingerBread Based:
    GTR (4.8)(5.5 slim)(5.6), Oxygen (2.7,2.8), SlimGen v1.6.0, OMFGB 1.3.1, CM7 RC2, RAZR-UI (v7,v7.1), Joyos1.2.1, G-T-R V7, Ozone_O3, MIUI v2.3.7,CM7.2 Stable, Gingersnap v2.2 Finale, CM7.2 Nightlies (20121021), CyanMobileX(build4), CyanMoblieX (build6).

Click Here to Download the file for Manual Method (Method 1)

Flashables
    Working for all roms
    Files For Flashing Method (Method 2)

MODKeys(VV).zip -> Here
    (Search as Power,Power as Search)

MODKeys(BP).zip -> Here
    (Both Power and Search as Power)

DefaultKeys(VV).zip -> Here
    (Default keys for both Mod)

Downloads can also be found below.
    Note: Make a nandbackup before flashing especially for those ROMs that are not tested yet.​

Install Mod
    You can follow either one of the two methods.​

Method 1 (Manual Method):
    -Extract files using winrar.
    -Put files to sdcard.
    -Using root explorer copy the 4 files(Generic,qwerty,thunder_keypad,7k_handset) in the \ASMkey folder to \system\usr\keylayout.
    -Set permission to rw-r-r-.
    -Reboot.

Method 2 (Flashing Method):
    -Flash the MODKeys(VV).zip (dl link below)

Uninstall Mod
    You can follow either one of the two methods.​

Method 1 (Manual Method):
    -Using root explorer copy the 4 files(Generic,qwerty,thunder_keypad,7k_handset) in the \ASMkey\original folder to \system\usr\keylayout.
    -Set permission to rw-r-r-.
    -Reboot.

Method 2 (Flashing Method):
    -Flash the DefaultKeys(VV).zip (dl link below)

Enjoy!:D

WANT TEST IT IN OTHER ROMS?. FOLLOW THIS (testers will be recognized)
    Step 1:Using root explorer check if you had this 4 files(Generic.kl,qwerty.kl,thunder_keypad.kl,7k_handset) in the \system\usr\keylayout. If it does go to Step 2. If not, Its your choice to continue (You will do a nandbackup. You can restore when something went wrong).
    Step 2:Reboot to recovery. Make a nandbackup. then install the Mod. Make sure to follow the steps properly. If the keys are not responding make sure you set the permission to rw-r-r-. If it still had problems make a nandrestore.

Thanks to (for testing in other roms):​

Carlito Suratos Jr. - GTR 5.5 slim
    Aaditya007 - ICS_DYNAMITE_v2
    PokMahPok - Oxygen 2.7,OMFGB 1.3.1
    Techgod - Dynamite 4.5G
    Raca_teo - SlimGen v1.6.0, GTR 5.6
    Archie Vicente - GTR 4.8, Joyos1.2.1
    xkey - CM9
    Joel Chan - CM9(4wisemonkey)(loveme[FINAL])(premature), Oxygen 2.8, CAF (chargeme)
    kapitanbasa - CM7 (RC2)
    Miasmic - AOKP #36
    aravindsagar - GTR V7, MIUI v2.3.7, MIUI v4 (Both Snap Series and Kaio-Ken), XperiaICS, Oxygen 3 (ICS), CM10(build 5)
    Berkowitzum - ICS LG3 UI V1
    samsungi780philippines - Gingersnap v2.2 Finale
    anaknin - cm10.1 (nightly)(RC1), Rashed's CM10build7, slimbean, 4.2.2 RC3, EvoKing (1.6+)(1.9beta1)(2.20)(10.1.13)(10.2), AOKP (4.0.4,4.1.2,4.2.2), ParanoidAndroid,4.2.2 RC6,
    rhar**** - EvoKing(1.7)(1.8)
    raine0324 - Revolution (JB 2.20)
    droidgeek99 - CM11 KitKat 4.4
    Left4DeadMW - CM10.1.5, CM10.1.6, ICS 9.3.

Do this at your own risk I'm not liable for any broken or bricked phone
    Pls Click Thanks if this Helps
    one more thing... tried copying the files manualy and now the hard buttons don't work... gtr 5.6

make sure you changed the permissions correctly
    Can you make one for CM9? ;)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
    ,maybe sometime,sorry its because cm9 updates fast,ill wait for it to be stable then i'll maybe create 1 for it,ill need to download the rom first to create the mod and my net is not as fast as others,i like aokp more because its more customizable,^^
    tested and working fully too, on OMFGB 1.3.1 Stable release :D
    +1 tested on oxygen rom 2.7
    Works like a charm

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium