Post your Batterylife with a Screenshot !!

Search This thread

dubist

Apr 30, 2011
So i want to give the Sony Xperia T some live here in XDA Forums.

And open the Batterylife Thread.

Honestly im very very satisfied with the Battery.

Wireless Lan -> often ON
Auto SYNC -> OFF
3G simultaneous with WLAN ON
Display -> AUTO
Whatsapp min.50 Messages per day.

And i have a girlfriend this means lot of sms and short calls :) thanks god short :)

The small charge line is when i put it in my PC to sync some musik and photos maximum 10minutes.

See Screenshot :

WHO CAN BEAT ME ? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-29-17-34-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-29-17-34-11.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5,082
  • Screenshot_2012-09-29-17-34-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-29-17-34-18.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3,990
Last edited:
Reactions: someta168

ratedr75

Feb 16, 2010
www.businesssearchlocal.co.uk
Unplugged mine at 9am this morning and have just put it back on charge @ 29% at 10.55pm GMT.

The length of the battery life was one of the main things for me, so so far so good, it will probably get better when its been charged a few times.

miki_69

Jun 19, 2012
Maribor
This is great to hear. Also was one of my main concerns. Plus don't forget with new SW updates it can only get better :)

Cheers,
Miki

spflo

Nov 19, 2007
Hi,

Here is my battery log with the first empty-to-full charge. In my opinion battery life is quite good.

Usage:
- Much configuration, some apps installed
- 17 Calls (total call time aprx 44 minutes), 4 text messages
- Sync always on
- several emails sent and received
- several apps used
- 25% WiFi
- Watched 30 Minutes 720P / h264 TV via uPNP (WiFi)
- aprx 10 Pictures taken

I was not able to embed the Screenshots, you can find my battery statistics here:
up.picr.de/12053007oe.gif
up.picr.de/12053008ov.gif

hope this helps...

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
Mine has lasted about 18 hours on the first 2 full charge cycles, but I've been hammering it:

WIFI always on, data always on.
Using it approx half the time (so 9 hours with screen on and CPU driving hard) for surfing the web, tweaking look and feel, RDP to home server and desktop PC, watching videos, using the camera, etc.

Today is my first day of normal use so we'll see how that goes.

Based on current usage, it's doing better than my Galaxy Note.

Galaxen

Jan 16, 2010
In front of you!
Mine has lasted about 18 hours on the first 2 full charge cycles, but I've been hammering it:

WIFI always on, data always on.
Using it approx half the time (so 9 hours with screen on and CPU driving hard) for surfing the web, tweaking look and feel, RDP to home server and desktop PC, watching videos, using the camera, etc.

Today is my first day of normal use so we'll see how that goes.

Based on current usage, it's doing better than my Galaxy Note.

Seriously!? 9h screen time?

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
Doubt it was 9 hour, he thinks it was.

Generally when I've been using it continuously (with the WiFi on), it's been draining approx 10% per hour. Didn't read this thread until today so I'm approximating and haven't captured any screen shots of my battery usage, but I've pretty much been sat on my sofa playing about with my phone all day! Obviously there's been toilet breaks, sustainance, etc. ;)

Believe me, don't believe me. I don't mind either way. Personally I'm really impressed with it so far and expect to get a couple of days between charges once the novelty has worn off and I'm back to using it normally.

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
Generally when I've been using it continuously (with the WiFi on), it's been draining approx 10% per hour. Didn't read this thread until today so I'm approximating and haven't captured any screen shots of my battery usage, but I've pretty much been sat on my sofa playing about with my phone all day! Obviously there's been toilet breaks, sustainance, etc. ;)

Believe me, don't believe me. I don't mind either way. Personally I'm really impressed with it so far and expect to get a couple of days between charges once the novelty has worn off and I'm back to using it normally.

It's hard to believe that this phone can get 9 hour on-screen time as other devices with the same CPU average around 4-5 hours which our device also gets.

I think you had 9 hour on the battery chart but the screen notice should be different, there's a option to see the on-screen time

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
It's hard to believe that this phone can get 9 hour on-screen time as other devices with the same CPU average around 4-5 hours which our device also gets.

I think you had 9 hour on the battery chart but the screen notice should be different, there's a option to see the on-screen time

I wasn't suggesting that I got a 9 hour value in the battery stats for the screen - just that I'd used it for roughly 9 solid hours (so the screen was on all the time I was using it.) Something that may have had a small bearing on my result was I had the brightness really low as I was indoors the whole time. Or maybe not - I don't have any imperical evidence about that either so maybe I'm fabricating that too! :D

I was just trying to contribute based on my findings, but to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered. I definitely won't be wasting any more time in this thread.

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
Seriously!? 9h screen time?

I wasn't suggesting that I got a 9 hour value in the battery stats for the screen - just that I'd used it for roughly 9 solid hours (so the screen was on all the time I was using it.) Something that may have had a small bearing on my result was I had the brightness really low as I was indoors the whole time. Or maybe not - I don't have any imperical evidence about that either so maybe I'm fabricating that too! :D

I was just trying to contribute based on my findings, but to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered. I definitely won't be wasting any more time in this thread.

Actually you was "so 9 hours with screen on and CPU driving hard". I see what you did on the last sentence to make me feel guilty. But you did state 9 hours on screen in the brackets, which 'most' people assumption would be 9 hours screen on time.

airchie

Aug 11, 2009
London
I am thoroughly impressed with the battery life so far, though I am coming from an HTC One X which was very poor.

I've got 3h screen time with just under 70% battery left. :)
uploadfromtaptalk1350058198395.jpguploadfromtaptalk1350058214296.jpg

airchie

Aug 11, 2009
London
damn that seems good!
wifi or 3g? how about screen brightness?
It's been on wifi most of the day and brightness is set to auto. It's still not dead yet, nowhere near even with 5h+ screen time. If this is what stock ICS can do, I can't wait to see what happens with a nice custom JB ROM. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350074703361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350074703361.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,025
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350074710089.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350074710089.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 844

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
We'll let MrPhilo do the Math:

32% = 3hrs, so 100% =?

That isn't really hard to get and the Sony battery is pretty good showing what apps are used, only thing I see is Screen on and Android System.

I can get 10 hour by reading books on my phone. Even the bad HTC One X battery can get over 10 hour just reading.

In daily use the phone is only about 3-5 hours, unless you live on the lowest brightness of the screen or the auto brightness. Obviously it be more if you just use wifi all day and not 3g.

I still doubt anyone can get 9 hours screen on time daily, heck phones like RAZR MAXX only achieve over 8-10 hours on screen time of daily use with a 3300mah battery.

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
I wanna see only 3g. Not wifi (on screen time)

I highly doubt most people use wifi when at work or going out

And what's the point of using wifi at home? (Maybe if lying down) otherwise you would use your computer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After issues I have written here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943671

I have performed few things which I did in the past with my other android phones:

1. discharge the phone to 1-2%
    2. charge the phone till 100%
    3. switch off the phone
    4. charge till battery full picture
    5. power on, go to /data/system/ remove batterystats.bin
    6. power down phone
    7. charge till battery full
    8. disconnect the cable, switch phone on

Now after 34 hours here it is:cowboy:

I have 3 email accounts setup with 15 minutes interval sync, bt on all the time, did approx. 1hr phone calls, some updates
    Now first 24h of charge was passed abd my Xperia T won't turn on then i plugged it to wall chsrger and i wad able to turn on it and the battery level was 97%. Now i will charge it for 24h but with the phone on good night

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4
    u must want to fck your phone hard...thats y you r charging for 24 hours....no one should charge phone for more then 2 or 2.5 hours it is harmfull.....

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

thanks for the answer.. but I guess you are on stock JB, right?

btw after some battery cycles it seems now it takes 3 hours for a full charge and not anymore 4 hours.. so now is accetable I would say :)
    Yes because there are many reasons... one my bootloader is not unlockable...2nd i dont like Cyanogenmod. because we are not developers we are end users.....3rd i use my camera alot and stock rom has the best camera...i like my phone as it is ;)
    So i want to give the Sony Xperia T some live here in XDA Forums.

And open the Batterylife Thread.

Honestly im very very satisfied with the Battery.

Wireless Lan -> often ON
    Auto SYNC -> OFF
    3G simultaneous with WLAN ON
    Display -> AUTO
    Whatsapp min.50 Messages per day.

And i have a girlfriend this means lot of sms and short calls :) thanks god short :)

The small charge line is when i put it in my PC to sync some musik and photos maximum 10minutes.

See Screenshot :

WHO CAN BEAT ME ? :)
    I posted some screen on time screenshots. Basically I would say, the phone is capable to last about 12 - 16 hours with 3 to 4 (maybe 5 just reading something)(2-3 playing something) hours of screen on time. Average battery capacity with average holding time.
    I have been using Galaxy Nexus too and screen on time is the same and maybe a little better.
    Meekspace i can help you. Youl have to wait till i get to my laptop tho coz i cant type it all out on this

Iv made massive improvements to my battery life

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I know what your saying tho... my battery % was rolling down faster than clock.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app