{ROM}SPL Gaming {Z--UI} 4.1.2 14/2/2014

Search This thread

Kornelije23

Feb 3, 2013
Ansbach
Did exactly how you said mate. But it didn't work. I flashed the Fera v18.4 Kernel, wiped data, cache and dalvik also, pulled out the battery and flashed the Achotjan's kernel using flashtool. But after that its again stuck on the semc debrand engine screen... couldnt enter the CWM recovery also... Had to flash a different JB kernel and flash the Buda's ROM again...

Please let me know if there is a solution for this.
Also the battery life is not so great using this.... The ROM looks great but draining batter a bit faster...

Try flashing firest some old Feras kernel like v8 or v11, than flash Achotian kernel and it will be ok , worked for me .

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

could someone who used the rom for two days or more comment on the battery life on the rom and the free ram available for daily usage

Well if screen is off baterry life is good, but if you using it battery drain pritty fast, it is something abour 32 bit, on jb it uses more power than 16. With moderate using my phone last 1 day on this room, but on feras gb with moderate using it lasts oround 2 days.

Reactions: Dr Goodvibes

aravindhms

Apr 27, 2013
Chennai
My feedback:

Notification drawer toggles: Mobile data toggle not working. Can include options in settings to hange and add toggle buttons

Contacts and Messaging apps: Apps look nice and i love it but its bit laggy

Screenshot option is not found

Long press kill app in developer settings in not found

Battery drain may be due to kernel. try to build a newer version of kernel.

Overall great job. Thanks

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
My feedback:

Notification drawer toggles: Mobile data toggle not working. Can include options in settings to hange and add toggle buttons

Contacts and Messaging apps: Apps look nice and i love it but its bit laggy

Screenshot option is not found

Long press kill app in developer settings in not found

Battery drain may be due to kernel. try to build a newer version of kernel.

Overall great job. Thanks

Use volume down+ power button for screenshots.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda-developers app

Reactions: aravindhms

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Half empty. Not half full

I think the following battery stat says it all.
I left the phone to sleep with only two 5-10 minute uses.
During the usage time I was only downloading a couple of apps, looking at stats and editing the odd file.
The battery I have is the worst one of all my BST-41 1500mAh batteries, so it does drain faster than my Mugen 1800mAh and other original 1500mAh battery.
I have edited build.prop to provide a bit better battery life, but nothing that'd really be a noticeable improvement, while the screen was on and being used.

So we have 1day and 6hours with 64% battery remaining.
Not bad deep sleep and etc, but the battery would probably be flat with 45mins of constant use with the 'old' battery I currently have in the phone.
Note the "steep" downward drain on the battery when using the phone with the screen on.

attachment.php

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Modern Combat 4

For those what game.

To be balanced and fair, a read of the following post should be considered too.

Playing MC4 on SPL Gaming ROM v5

I ran MC4 on SPL Gaming ROM v5.0
I was surprised how smooth it was on an XPERIA X10i.
I have played it on an X10i running GB 2.3 and there was considerable lag and slow response.

Using SPL Gaming ROM v5.0 the response is pretty good and lag is only minimal.

attachment.php

The downside (and there's always a downside) my Bluetooth Game controller does not work with the XPERIA X10i.
It does pair and look as though it should work, but still no response.
Bluetooth Game Controller works with XPERIA S and XPERIA M and well as a Minix NEO X7 box... so there was a slim chance for the X10i... but, oh well.

[Update]

In Build.prop, I have swapinterval=1 where the original build has swapinterval=0

Last edited:

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
No 2D HW acceleration for videos and etc.

If that's the case, that's going to put a bit of a dampener on proceedings.

I've tried force 2D GPU and double checked video settings.

My test video, only plays in SW mode and that's why I noticed, as it was skipping frames.

Still have the MP4 720p Yosemite video and again, that only plays in SW mode.

FPS2D returns avg=50 stdev=2.86 FSP.

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
@Dr Goodvibes i appreciate the way you post results man. Great job!!
but as far as modern combat 4 and other graphical games are concerned, they do work well indeed but i disagree with the fact that mc4 runs with minimal lags on this rom. like i posted before with results of dead trigger 2 and modern combat 4, the game runs good in single player mode but multiplayer doesnt seem to work as good as in fera's rom(considering the fact that its gb, hence more stable). this rom has more response delays, lags that need to be payed attention too. trust me on that because i've gone beast in mc4 getting 19 kills and 1 death in a match with people having much high end device than x10
-after my usage of 3 days, i've found that my battery lasts for approximately 1 hr 20 mins on screen and off screen time is well explained in your post.
-Youtube doesnt works if you at first start the app in HQ. but starting the app with mobile data makes it work and creates no problem in the future. i tested this three times and had to reflash the rom every time it didn't work. then i accidentally opened the app with wifi off and mobile data on and it worked for me.
-playing videos at times makes the phone to soft reboot(wlod).
-streaming through devices works as it should but i was not able to play much videos. not even 360*640 res. rest pictures and music worked well.
-there is huge difference in graphics between gb and jb in modern combat 4
-wifi bug since well known need not to be explained again.

i am waiting eagerly to test another version of this rom. and i'll post some graphics comparison, battery status, and misc screenshots once i get on my phone. and dont forget to hit the thanks button lol
PEACE.
and yeah i forgot to mention Flappy bird works better in this rom than on fera's gb cz it runs in a fast pace (which is its orignal pace) making it harder to score while on fera's rom, the bird moved a bit slow making it way more easier to score

Last edited:

icemankimi

Jul 24, 2011
Hyderabad
Hi mate I still couldn't get the Achotjan kernel working on this one.... But my main problem is the battery on this ROM.
ROM is really good.. There is some lag while using the dialer app, but the battery is draining so fast while taking calls. I dont even use that phone for games. I just use for voice calls, and occasionally whatsapp and FB. But with just around 1 hour of voice calls my battery is getting reduced very fast to the 30% mark.
Please let me know how to keep my battery intact. I cannot charge my phone at work. That's a problem for me.

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
Hi mate I still couldn't get the Achotjan kernel working on this one.... But my main problem is the battery on this ROM.
ROM is really good.. There is some lag while using the dialer app, but the battery is draining so fast while taking calls. I dont even use that phone for games. I just use for voice calls, and occasionally whatsapp and FB. But with just around 1 hour of voice calls my battery is getting reduced very fast to the 30% mark.
Please let me know how to keep my battery intact. I cannot charge my phone at work. That's a problem for me.

I'm sorry but the Rom uses a bit more battery than normal because of 32bpp. I don't call much. The best way to preserve battery is to turn off WiFi and mobile data and lock screen when on call for longer time

Reactions: Buda1996

icemankimi

Jul 24, 2011
Hyderabad
I'm sorry but the Rom uses a bit more battery than normal because of 32bpp. I don't call much. The best way to preserve battery is to turn off WiFi and mobile data and lock screen when on call for longer time

If it is a kernel issue.. ??? Can you suggest me a better kernel... I'm on Scritch's CM10 V22 kernel. wanted to try the fera JB kernel but couldn't find a link to it.

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
but as far as modern combat 4 and other graphical games are concerned, they do work well indeed but i disagree with the fact that mc4 runs with minimal lags on this rom. like i posted before with results of dead trigger 2 and modern combat 4, the game runs good in single player mode but multiplayer doesnt seem to work as good as in fera's rom(considering the fact that its gb, hence more stable). this rom has more response delays, lags that need to be payed attention too. trust me on that because i've gone beast in mc4 getting 19 kills and 1 death in a match with people having much high end device than x10

I use MC4 on Android as a pseudo benchmark. In the same way as I use Crysis 1 to test MS Windows GPU FPS.
So as you're aware I don't actually "Play" the game. Although I have learned how to play Crysis now. :D

I've not tested MC4 on a Fera GB Kernel circa v16+ as I lost an old Titanium backup copy ages ago and only just downloaded it again in the last few days.

I only play the opening sequences of a campaign, purely as a pseudo benchmark.

ALSO MC4 is the only Android application I currently have on the SPL 'Gaming' ROM at this time, which in real world terms is unrealistic.
AND even then I note, I only have around 140MB free RAM, where in GB, I can pull 170MB free RAM.
Now that's a big difference where gaming is concerned and probably explains a few things when more memory intense scenarios are actioned.

I don't use my XPERIA X10i(s) as dailies and thus I'm not looking at a well rounded feature set.
I'm just cherry picking a few interesting applications/scenarios and seeing how they run.

And just this morning, I see Android OS has created it's own 45 degree ski slope on my battery stats while the screen was off.
Meaning something in the few apps I now have installed is holding the system awake. Doh!!

YouTube will most likely be impacted by the lack of 2D video HW accelerated graphics and thus is lucky to be able to work at all.

I'd suggest the ROM is a long way off a daily user.

So what are the things we can agree on:

Battery life is minimal when screen is on.
No 2D video HW acceleration, which means watching a 720p video is going to be poor at best.
The nature of JB and/or this ROM means RAM is going to be limited.
WiFi doesn't reconnect to a 'pre-connected' Access Point. (always been that way in GB ROMs)
No small apps.

Anyway, for me it's, "Hello Honey, I'm home". Back to DoomKernel v6 and Tof37 X10S v9. ;)

Oh, an' good luck with those 3DMark benchmarks.
And/Or creating a ROM that'll run Epic Citadel 1.07 :cool:

[Update]

Just in case people wonder, I've not really checked build.prop to see if home.apk is locked in memory and etc, which can reduce memory if required for gaming and etc.

[Update]

And this is the ski slope the Android OS created for me on battery stats.
10hrs of system held awake of which 90%+ was with the screen off.
As it was the Android OS holding the system awake there wasn't much I could do other than reboot the system.
I have included a few stats to assist the devs, but it's an odd one.
Normally one sees an application that is holding the system awake, not the system itself.

Last edited:

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
I wonder who'll be the first Developers to provide an XPERIA X10i JB+ ROM/Kernel that can run Epic Citadel v1.07?
Now that would be a gaming ROM.

Challenge accepted! haha :p

That's quite a challenge you've set yourself.
I have no idea what Epic Citadel v1.07 uses in the way of memory.. but trust me, it's a lot.

I have run all versions of Epic Citadel in DooMKernel v6 and v1.07 is painfully slow... I mean watching 1 in ten frames individually drawn on the screen.
A benchmark of v1.07, the one time I got it to load and run was 11FPS.
The best I've seen is with scritch007 CM10 ROM at 11.2FPS with the old v1.0 Epic Citadel.

Epic Citadel v1.0 used to run on XPERIA X10i very slowly, but consistently, before it was upgraded, but now it's mostly WLOD, frozen screen or application load timeout and that's with 170MB RAM and a whole XPERIA X10i pared down for just one app.

Welcome to the cruel world of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10i.

But hay, look on the bright side, I have Windows XP running on a 300MHz processor with 192MB of memory and UDMA/IDE SanDisk Ultra CF card.
So anything is possible.

Sorry, OP I'm getting a bit off topic.....

[Update]

Nobody reads anything but the last page in a thread, so I'm safe. :fingers-crossed:

@jai554 sorry to hear your XPERIA Z is performing so badly. :p

I've included the Epic Citadel v1.07 run for my Sony XPERIA M (C1905)
Has a Dual core 1GHz MSM8227 S4, an Adreno 305 GPU and currently runs Android v4.1.2 (stock)
It's on a Locked Bootloader with stock ROM/Kernel but is rooted with bloatware removed and a few tweaks.
Oh and it has a 64GB SanDisk Extreme in it. :D

My Epic Citadel benchmark setting are Ultra High Quality and Rendering Resolution Percentage at 100%

attachment.php

So I see your 35fps and raise you another 6.8fps to 41.8fps...

Sony XPERIA M - 480 x 854 pixels
Sony XPERIA Z - 1080 x 1920 pixels

And as they say, "Never stop whisking!"

Last edited:
Reactions: jai554 and Buda1996

jai554

Jun 7, 2012
Kuching
Can anyone give me the link to 4.1 AOSP (if it is available)

Btw, even my Xperia Z stutters in the Epic Citadel benchmark... Now enjoying Epic Citadel ultra high preset 35fps... :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Goodvibes

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
I use MC4 on Android as a pseudo benchmark. In the same way as I use Crysis 1 to test MS Windows GPU FPS.
So as you're aware I don't actually "Play" the game. Although I have learned how to play Crysis now. :D

I've not tested MC4 on a Fera GB Kernel circa v16+ as I lost an old Titanium backup copy ages ago and only just downloaded it again in the last few days.

I only play the opening sequences of a campaign, purely as a pseudo benchmark.

ALSO MC4 is the only Android application I currently have on the SPL 'Gaming' ROM at this time, which in real world terms is unrealistic.
AND even then I note, I only have around 140MB free RAM, where in GB, I can pull 170MB free RAM.
Now that's a big difference where gaming is concerned and probably explains a few things when more memory intense scenarios are actioned.

I don't use my XPERIA X10i(s) as dailies and thus I'm not looking at a well rounded feature set.
I'm just cherry picking a few interesting applications/scenarios and seeing how they run.

And just this morning, I see Android OS has created it's own 45 degree ski slope on my battery stats while the screen was off.
Meaning something in the few apps I now have installed is holding the system awake. Doh!!

YouTube will most likely be impacted by the lack of 2D video HW accelerated graphics and thus is lucky to be able to work at all.

I'd suggest the ROM is a long way off a daily user.

So what are the things we can agree on:

Battery life is minimal when screen is on.
No 2D video HW acceleration, which means watching a 720p video is going to be poor at best.
The nature of JB and/or this ROM means RAM is going to be limited.
WiFi doesn't reconnect to a 'pre-connected' Access Point. (always been that way in GB ROMs)
No small apps.

Anyway, for me it's, "Hello Honey, I'm home". Back to DoomKernel v6 and Tof37 X10S v9. ;)

Oh, an' good luck with those 3DMark benchmarks.
And/Or creating a ROM that'll run Epic Citadel 1.07 :cool:

[Update]

Just in case people wonder, I've not really checked build.prop to see if home.apk is locked in memory and etc, which can reduce memory if required for gaming and etc.
i use my xperia x10 as daily phone and cant leave it for sleep as you have....
i downloaded Injustice: Gods among us and opened the app, it got successfully into the menu, and all menu items are well accessible but the game cant be played. not even once. it crashes just at the loading screen.
i don't know build.prop much but i have observed that home stays in memory all the time. settings use 50 mb ram which is way too much. improving the ram management may cause improvement in overall gaming but it's just not working at the time. maybe there should be a new version ASAP

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
Here is a comparison between graphics of fera's gb and spl jb
This is taken from JBuploadfromtaptalk1393058454226.jpg
This one's from fera's gbuploadfromtaptalk1393058476497.jpg
Now same gun
Jbuploadfromtaptalk1393058517486.jpg
Gbuploadfromtaptalk1393058499033.jpg
About the injustice gods among us, here's the menu screen uploadfromtaptalk1393058526334.jpg you just can't play the game. As soon as you hit play, it crashes after loading for a little

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Spike Lab Presents​
    NEW ANDROID 4.1.2 GAMING

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Features:​

***Stamina Mod
    ***SPL Graphic
    ***SPL Beat
    ***SPL Gaming Script
    ***New SPL Engine
    ***New look
    ***New animations
    ***Working WI-FI
    ***Working Data
    ***SMS/MMS working
    ***New Adreno libs

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    SPL Engine features:​

**SPL Graphic {new graphic,more fluid UI,better gaming experience}
    **SPL Beat {new sound files,clarified sound,no sound breaks SHH}
    **SPL Gaming Script {new script manages ram,concentrates on foreground app's}

What is planned to be done :​

----Ultra Pixel Mod {Xperia Ray Hack}
    ----Better ram managment
    ----New kernel{Fera HELP}
    ----New UI
    ----New Features
    ----Else u tell me :confused:

Screen Shots :​
    TOMORROW​
    Download's:​
    uploading new jb 4.1.2 rom for x10 new battery drain fix​
    Hi guys.
    I am testing ICS Rom so far so good.
    JB is fast but it has a complicated Kernel, which I cant study as I have school.
    So I decided to do ICS development as it eats less Ram.
    And I know it's Kernel. Which means fast development.
    And it will be gaming I will upload a test version so I need two tasters.
    So wishe me luck.
    Long live X10.
    And yeah Jai554 is back so expect some brilliant exiting stuff to come with the ICS development.
    And we are going to develop for Xperia Z from now on.

Wish Us Luck.
    Ur Spike Lab.

plea add proper credit cause its SDE basd and SDE is not open source rom so ther is thinks that need to be keept
    under settings SDE version shuld not be edited, you have the right to edit build id but never SDE version releated thinks
    just arrange that and update the thread

i have no problem when peapole use as base my rom but it need to have his name SDE is SDE and also its not stamina (mode)
    the firmware has super stamina and its first think ona non stock rom so instead of that use (Somc Debrand Engine Based )

thanks for understanding

cheers

Achotjan
    New Rom

Hey i made new version i hope u like it.​

Changelog:
    PHP:
    **Fully implemented SPL ENGINE
    **New tweaks
    **New UI
    **Ultrapixel Mod
    **New Audio/Video codes
    **Fixed Youtube multicolor bug
    **Some new thing-s
    **Preparing for new UI
    **Flaming gaming experience
    **Many more

Download-s:

PHP:
    Rom 2-nd version: [URL="https://www.mediafire.com/?52u28y2cj7y4ddi"]HERE[/URL]
    Kernel Achotjan: [URL="https://www.mediafire.com/?mv6yr5o955sccvm"]HERE[/URL]

Teaser pic:

1911801_10201612680064939_716453161_n.jpg

Half empty. Not half full

I think the following battery stat says it all.
    I left the phone to sleep with only two 5-10 minute uses.
    During the usage time I was only downloading a couple of apps, looking at stats and editing the odd file.
    The battery I have is the worst one of all my BST-41 1500mAh batteries, so it does drain faster than my Mugen 1800mAh and other original 1500mAh battery.
    I have edited build.prop to provide a bit better battery life, but nothing that'd really be a noticeable improvement, while the screen was on and being used.

So we have 1day and 6hours with 64% battery remaining.
    Not bad deep sleep and etc, but the battery would probably be flat with 45mins of constant use with the 'old' battery I currently have in the phone.
    Note the "steep" downward drain on the battery when using the phone with the screen on.

attachment.php