[Q] ATT HTC One, Non-Rooted, No Issues Suddenly Non-Responsive in HSUSB-QLoader

Search This thread

vorwarnung

Jun 24, 2014
Hey all,

I've had an HTC One M7 from ATT for a year and two days. I know it it is that time, because I according to ATT and HTC, it's my problem now because my warranty and insurance expired.

It has been a wonderful phone. I have not rooted it or ran any non-Play Store apps. I have not dropped it or exposed it to water. It was working normally, and sitting at 70%, when it powered down.

Power button and holding it down didn't do anything. No response from being plugged in. I ran through power+up vol, then power+down vol, then power+up vol+down vol (for five minutes). I will let it charge all tonight, but I don't know if that will do anything.

When plugged into my computer, it registers as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM5)," which from what I read, is the sign of a hardbrick.

I am currently abroad and don't know if I will be able to find a JTAB (from what I gather, that can help). Are there ANY other ideas of how to get this phone running again? It happened so randomly, I can't imagine that the HW would suddenly die; it must be SW.

My only thought is that it doesn't like the HTC European charger, and it Borked the charge data. But HTC Tech Support said as it was OEM, there shouldn't be any problem.

A few important work SMS and the phone number of a date I was in the process of confirming with are on this phone. Please help.

Heartfelt thanks,
vorwarnung

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey all,

I've had an HTC One M7 from ATT for a year and two days. I know it it is that time, because I according to ATT and HTC, it's my problem now because my warranty and insurance expired.

It has been a wonderful phone. I have not rooted it or ran any non-Play Store apps. I have not dropped it or exposed it to water. It was working normally, and sitting at 70%, when it powered down.

Power button and holding it down didn't do anything. No response from being plugged in. I ran through power+up vol, then power+down vol, then power+up vol+down vol (for five minutes). I will let it charge all tonight, but I don't know if that will do anything.

When plugged into my computer, it registers as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM5)," which from what I read, is the sign of a hardbrick.

I am currently abroad and don't know if I will be able to find a JTAB (from what I gather, that can help). Are there ANY other ideas of how to get this phone running again? It happened so randomly, I can't imagine that the HW would suddenly die; it must be SW.

My only thought is that it doesn't like the HTC European charger, and it Borked the charge data. But HTC Tech Support said as it was OEM, there shouldn't be any problem.

A few important work SMS and the phone number of a date I was in the process of confirming with are on this phone. Please help.

Heartfelt thanks,
vorwarnung

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770684

Reactions: vorwarnung

alray

May 22, 2012
Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm not experienced with tools like this. My device is not-rooted, and I cannot tell if it is powered on or off. Will this tool still work?

your phone is bricked, this tool is the only known way to recover from qhusb_dload mode, read the guide carefully and follow instructions.

the only other way out of this is to send your phone to htc so the can replace the motherboard.

vorwarnung

Jun 24, 2014
your phone is bricked, this tool is the only known way to recover from qhusb_dload mode, read the guide carefully and follow instructions.

the only other way out of this is to send your phone to htc so the can replace the motherboard.

This just happens without any signs or warning? I feel like a critical software problem like this would be taken care of in debug. The only change to my phone was an OTA to Sense 6 two weeks ago, but it hasn't had any problems software or otherwise. Sure looks like HTC screwed me over with this one.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
This just happens without any signs or warning? I feel like a critical software problem like this would be taken care of in debug. The only change to my phone was an OTA to Sense 6 two weeks ago, but it hasn't had any problems software or otherwise. Sure looks like HTC screwed me over with this one.

It happened to me also after a firmware update ...the link he posted saved my One !!!

alray

May 22, 2012

QHSUSB_DLOAD = Dead phone, either because of hardware defect or because a firmware incompatibility

option 1: follow the guide to revive your phone, if it doesn't work

option 2: send the phone to htc for repair.

option 3: there is no other options!

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

It happened to me also after a firmware update ...the link he posted saved my One !!!

this guy (dexter) did an awesome work ;)

vorwarnung

Jun 24, 2014

I suppose it's wishful thinking to assume that I'll keep any data on the phone, eh? I had to turn off my backup while I'm studying abroad, so I have about two months worth of contacts and photos to lose. Aw, well. Thanks for telling me about your experience!

alray

May 22, 2012
I suppose it's wishful thinking to assume that I'll keep any data on the phone, eh? I had to turn off my backup while I'm studying abroad, so I have about two months worth of contacts and photos to lose. Aw, well. Thanks for telling me about your experience!

unfortunately, there is no way to transfer data from your phone in qhsusb_dload mode :eek:

sorry

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

The fix was all in firmware I don't remember loosing anything in the process ...it was like a Miracle happened

vorwarnung

Jun 24, 2014
The fix was all in firmware I don't remember loosing anything in the process ...it was like a Miracle happened

In your experience with this, can you run it in a virtualbox? I can see my device, and it's recognized as it should within Ubuntu and Fedora (both virtual), but the .sh can't seem to locate my phone. Since it is pulling the correct code, I can assume it is not a hardware issue.

I'm sorry if you're not qualified to answer this question, but being new, it won't let me post in Dexter's thread.

Thanks!

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
In your experience with this, can you run it in a virtualbox? I can see my device, and it's recognized as it should within Ubuntu and Fedora (both virtual), but the .sh can't seem to locate my phone. Since it is pulling the correct code, I can assume it is not a hardware issue.

I'm sorry if you're not qualified to answer this question, but being new, it won't let me post in Dexter's thread.

Thanks!

I just used an Ubuntu live CD

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Heartfelt thanks,
    vorwarnung

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770684
    Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm not experienced with tools like this. My device is not-rooted, and I cannot tell if it is powered on or off. Will this tool still work?

QHSUSB_DLOAD = Dead phone, either because of hardware defect or because a firmware incompatibility

option 1: follow the guide to revive your phone, if it doesn't work

option 2: send the phone to htc for repair.

option 3: there is no other options!

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

this guy (dexter) did an awesome work ;)