The Best Car Dock Confirmed!

Search This thread

jacksonj51

Oct 2, 2008
So-Cal
Ok, I've been a very proud owner of the Samsung Omnia i8910 for a few months now... Still considering which phone I'm going to keep now after getting the Nexus one.

But I just wanted to confirm that awhile back I bought a car dock/holder for the Omnia but to my suprise and delight it fits the Nexus absolutely perfect. IMO this is the best car holder on the market. Proclip USA makes excellent products and I can confirm this particular dock is not only excellent but fits the N1 perfect as well.

Defininetly more expensive than others especially those you can find on ebay from china... but for me well worth it. If anyone is considering this their website - proclipusa.com - you need to select your country and then they give you the option for make of car and make of phone. Obviously there is no selection for the Nexus one but I can guarantee the model of phone you need to select is the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD, the product number is - 511020 - put that in the search and you'll find it. This is for the Holder with tilt swivel which is perfect for maps & navigation as you can swivel it landscape for great looking directions... they even have a model with a built in charger but I just opted for the holder with tilt swivel.

I am not affiliated with this company whatsoever just a happy customer.

Again it is expensive but I love it and love the fact you can select the make of your car and it comes pre-configured to mount to it.

**Edit: Forgot to mention there is no drilling and messing up your dash... just simply applies with a sticky backing and can easily be uninstalled without any damage whatsoever.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 977
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 851
Last edited:

QMAN101

Jun 5, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I am not sure that what you are describing or the pictures attached are what is typically considered to be a dock.
A dock would include a charging station, that is the purpose of the contacts on the bottom of the Nexus one. Ideally, the docking station would allow you to use transmit the Nexus One media thru the auto sound system.

btmec

Mar 29, 2006
Thanks for the information but that is a phone holder not a dock. The dock will be capable of charging the phone through the contact points on the bottom of the N1. The dock may also interface with your car radio and possibly other functions yet to be determined.

Ok, I've been a very proud owner of the Samsung Omnia i8910 for a few months now... Still considering which phone I'm going to keep now after getting the Nexus one.

But I just wanted to confirm that awhile back I bought a car dock/holder for the Omnia but to my suprise and delight it fits the Nexus absolutely perfect. IMO this is the best car holder on the market. Proclip USA makes excellent products and I can confirm this particular dock is not only excellent but fits the N1 perfect as well.

Defininetly more expensive than others especially those you can find on ebay from china... but for me well worth it. If anyone is considering this their website - proclipusa.com - you need to select your country and then they give you the option for make of car and make of phone. Obviously there is no selection for the Nexus one but I can guarantee the model of phone you need to select is the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD, the product number is - 511020 - put that in the search and you'll find it. This is for the Holder with tilt swivel which is perfect for maps & navigation as you can swivel it landscape for great looking directions... they even have a model with a built in charger but I just opted for the holder with tilt swivel.

I am not affiliated with this company whatsoever just a happy customer.

Again it is expensive but I love it and love the fact you can select the make of your car and it comes pre-configured to mount to it.

**Edit: Forgot to mention there is no drilling and messing up your dash... just simply applies with a sticky backing and can easily be uninstalled without any damage whatsoever.

link? can you provide a link from where you bought the dock from?

jacksonj51

Oct 2, 2008
So-Cal
Yes I think I put the link in at the OP but its at proclipusa.com

Also stated I believe is that yes I just bout the holder and since there is an opening at the bottom charging is perfect as it hooks up right to the bottom but I didn't get the other version offered which included a coiled charging station.

mesajoejoe

Jan 18, 2008
I do like the look of that phoneclip, however my only concern that I can see is, how does the phone not vibrate out of it while its horizontal?

jacksonj51

Oct 2, 2008
So-Cal
This fits the N1 so good that it almost takes two hands to pull it out... there's no way it can come out without pulling it out and certainly not due to vibration.

mesajoejoe

Jan 18, 2008
Would it being as tight as you say, cause it to wear out on the phones material on the sides?

droiddv

Jun 20, 2009
Wow, I checked into that website. I really like the interface of the website. How it shows pictures of your specific dash, and where and how the phone will sit. Very expensive. I mean 65 bucks, for the setup and that is only the mount and swivel. No way. When the real Nexus One docks come out. The Car Mount is going to be 50 and the desktop mount will be 40. Both the dock's will use the gold contacts on the bottom for charging. And the car dock should have options to work directly with car stereo (optional of course).

Wait guys it's coming about 10 day is my guess. :D

andrewrees

Jun 13, 2008
Well mine came in the post today. Screwed onto the existing mount I had for my Touch Pro 2 just fine. The N1 does indeed fit fine but is very tight. Didn't scratch the phone and no way is it falling out when horizontal.

thatroots

Jan 19, 2010
I've been using my Iphone in car with this dock.

Just Mobile Xtand Go (google it)

I was really impressed to see that it EXACTLY fits my N1
IMHO, it's really the best dock around

now...i am just missing FM transmission.
Would you need pics...please request

droiddv

Jun 20, 2009
I am using this car dock until the real Nexus One docks are ready. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DQQBVW...e=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B001DQQBVW

If you are looking for a good bluetooth stereo for your nexus that works really well. Try this one. http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105KDA805/JVC-Arsenal-KD-A805.html?search=JVC+KDA805&ssi=0

Once you sync your stereo with your phone the first time. You can just leave your phone in your pocket if you want, you can answer phone calls from your stereo, or even make them from your stereo if you want, you can listen to music from your phone on the stereo by just using the stereo's remote. With you phone still in your pocket.

If a person doesnt want to replace their stereo and just want's to use a fm transmitter. Get the motorola t505 I used it for 3 months it does work. Hands free driving syncs with any stereo any car. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875982214&Tpk=motoraloa t505

Last edited:

karnovaran

Jul 27, 2009
PDX
The ProClip holders are quite nice, but I think the Omnia II might be a better fit:

Nexus One: 119 x 59.8 x 11.5
Omnia II: 118 x 59.6 x 12.3
Omnia i8910: 123 x 58 x 12.9

The OmniaII's width is just .2mm thinner than the Nexus and thickness is only .8 thicker.

jeux_1

Jan 24, 2005
Belfast
The ProClip holders are quite nice, but I think the Omnia II might be a better fit:

Nexus One: 119 x 59.8 x 11.5
Omnia II: 118 x 59.6 x 12.3
Omnia i8910: 123 x 58 x 12.9

The OmniaII's width is just .2mm thinner than the Nexus and thickness is only .8 thicker.

just ordered the omnia II I will report once received.

TailsNeon556

Jun 22, 2009
NYC
http://www.amazon.com/Type-AC30267-60-XGrip-Universal-Holder/dp/B001PRPBB0

BEST Phone holder.. BY FAR

bought this to use with my G1 back when the Sprint Hero Nav app was dumped.. used it many times and works excellent with the Nexus One as well ... it rotates landscape and it unclips to use in the dash vent .. i originally wanted it because it doesnt interfere with the touchscreen and its low profile wont let it vibrate too much..and it has a good grasp on the phone without damage (i run a track setup on my suspension with competition spring rates and coilovers.. along with solid engine mounts)

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/Type-AC30267-60-XGrip-Universal-Holder/dp/B001PRPBB0

BEST Phone holder.. BY FAR

bought this to use with my G1 back when the Sprint Hero Nav app was dumped.. used it many times and works excellent with the Nexus One as well ... it rotates landscape and it unclips to use in the dash vent .. i originally wanted it because it doesnt interfere with the touchscreen and its low profile wont let it vibrate too much..and it has a good grasp on the phone without damage (i run a track setup on my suspension with competition spring rates and coilovers.. along with solid engine mounts)

Any pictures? I couldn't find any online besides that amazon one. How about some with the n1 attached and also attached to a car vent?