Android 2.1 (Eclair) On HTC [27 Jun 2010] (V2.5a) Voice Support

991 posts
Thanks Meter: 401

By TheBrilliantMistake, Senior Member on 21st January 2010, 07:27 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
16th February 2010, 05:34 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TheBrilliantMistake, many thanks! have installed and run 1.2 works great!!! :)

16th February 2010, 05:43 PM |#502  

More
Is it possible with me using one Toshiba TG01 and the same startup file for android as the Nexus One (based on that is the same Q8250 processor).?

Or it isnt that simple?
16th February 2010, 05:58 PM |#503  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalas_22

Is it possible with me using one Toshiba TG01 and the same startup file for android as the Nexus One (based on that is the same Q8250 processor).?

Or it isnt that simple?

Not that simple, it's a completely different phone with different hardware... what Toshiba do vs what HTC do can be very different.
16th February 2010, 06:11 PM |#504  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrilliantMistake

Not that simple, it's a completely different phone with different hardware... what Toshiba do vs what HTC do can be very different.

But still, if this android build witch is done only for HTC gear and, even on those has all the issues mentioned on the first post there is a smalll chance that a phone with the same core may run it i guess..

but first.. where can i get such startup file configured for Nexus one? (or clues on how to change one?)
16th February 2010, 06:19 PM |#505  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalas_22

But still, if this android build witch is done only for HTC gear and, even on those has all the issues mentioned on the first post there is a smalll chance that a phone with the same core may run it i guess..

but first.. where can i get such startup file configured for Nexus one? (or clues on how to change one?)

The nexus one IS an android phone, it doesn't need a startup file to configure the kernel, it will have a dedicated kernel for that phone (probably a standard kernel with small adjustments).

There's too much difference in hardware to 'just maybe work' in this. Just to turn on the LCD you'd have to know the LCD type / manufacturer.... the memory mapping, the MMU, tonnes of stuff.
It's hard enough getting it to work on HTC devices themselves, let alone Toshiba (sorry)
16th February 2010, 08:23 PM |#506  
Flag portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrilliantMistake

It's hard enough getting it to work on HTC devices themselves, let alone Toshiba (sorry)

i know its hard work. i'll be patient in fact i shall get rid of this crappy thing and get back to the htc's lol
16th February 2010, 08:41 PM |#507  

More
android V1.6
Ora provo la nuova versione, vediamo se il wi-fi funziona.

Now I try the new release, so i check if Wi-Fi works.

bye
TheJackall
17th February 2010, 07:41 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any luck solving this? I have the exact same problem with both 1.5 and 1.6 releases, no matter what I do I get "Install unsuccessful". Any chance to release a zip file with the files along with the .cab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMLover212

Hello all-

Sorry if this has been posted already but I downloaded the .cab onto my SD card but as soon asI try and install it (i.e. tap on it to start loading the .cab) it immediately says "install unsuccessful". I have tried it on 2 sd cards (1gb and 4gb). Any ideas??

Sprint CDMA Touch Pro2

-Trying release 1.2

17th February 2010, 08:16 AM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekselius

Any luck solving this? I have the exact same problem with both 1.5 and 1.6 releases, no matter what I do I get "Install unsuccessful". Any chance to release a zip file with the files along with the .cab?

i had that error a few times the way i sorted it was to download the cab on the computer then transfer it to the sd card and then install
17th February 2010, 09:09 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekselius

The most likely cause is not enough available space on the DEVICE (not the card)... WinMo is stupid and needs to decompress, using the device as temporary storage space. That's all I can imagine it might be...

I'll think about the zip... only last time I did a zip, I got users unzipping to the wrong places (yeah really!), screwing up their startup.txt files and then asking why the shortcut icon didn't appear etc etc
17th February 2010, 09:51 AM |#511  

More
Still using blackstone and rev1.2, just one problem.. is here any fix about deep sleeping? it sleeps and don't want wake up
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread