[ROM][4.4.4][Jul-22] UNOFFICIAL LiquidSmooth v3.2 | Security Patch Level: 1st Jun 15

Search This thread

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less

I am proud to present you with an incredible smooth and feature rich AOSP based ROM.

lslogo.png

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

CPA-Poke

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

FEATURES:

UBER 4.9 GCC Toolchain
ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
Slims DPI on the fly
Custom animation controls
TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
Active Display
Slims QuickSettings
Halo
Ram Bar
New CM Theme Engine
Privacy Guard
Built in SuperUser
Working wifi Tethering
Cell Broadcasts
Slims Configurable Power Menu
Slims Configurable Nav Bar
Gamma Configuration support
Custom animation controls (Listview)
LockScreen Notifications
And way more than this...

LiquidSmooth v3.2 Full list of features

CHANGELOG:

NEW IN RELEASE 8:
  • Add back full language support.
  • Lower the default max. cpu freq to 998400 Hz.
  • Torch: Removed brightest option from settings; Torch will now stay on after screen shut down!

NEW IN RELEASE 7:
  • This build includes the official Android Security Updates from 1st June 2015
  • Compiled the ROM with O3 flag
  • Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life (credits Cl3Kener); compiled the rom with AOSP toolchain 4.8
  • Update kernel (July security bulletin)
  • Replace KernelTweaker (FC'ing) with KernelAdiutor
  • Removed DashClock widget (cLock is much nicer)

NEW IN RELEASE 6:
  • This build includes the official Android Security Updates from 1st Nov 2015 (you can now view the information about the patch level under Settings > About Phone > Android security patch level)
  • Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life (credits Cl3Kener)
  • Patched the previously missed out security holes in kernel base as mentioned by @walter79
  • If you want to have kernel 3.0.16 (experimental) use this flashable zip
  • Updated NovaLauncher to 4.1.0
  • Added signature spoofing support (read more about this)
  • Fixed an issue in the hardware keys configuration (credits @sverfaillie)
  • Slim GApps: fixed a problem (three no longer required apks were still remaining under /system/apps after GApps installation) to gain more space in the ROM's system partition

NEW IN RELEASE 5:
  • Added a few more patches against vulnerabilities, e.g.: CVE-2015-1528, CVE-2013-6282 (kernel patch).
  • Big thanks to @walter79 for making me aware of their existence!

NEW IN RELEASE 4:

NEW IN RELEASE 3:
  • Patched to the highest security level for Kitkat (incl. Stagefright 2.0 & Android Security Updates from Nov 2015)
  • Set CM cLock as default lockscreen widget
  • Added a patch to prevent wakelocks caused by Google Play Services 7.x SystemUpdateService (credits CM)
  • Use per default SMARTASSH3 (allows a better speed/battery-saving ratio)

NEW IN RELEASE 2:
  • ART
  • Liquid Launcher
  • Keyguard: use overlay to disable Menu Key In Lock Screen
  • Fix 'long press home key' to bring up the recent apps
  • Slim down rom by removing Chinese font
  • Update animation scale defaults with the optimal settings for htc bravo (0.5x)
  • Frameworks/base: Add setCurrentFunctions to Legacy USB DM
  • Allow forcing HighEndGfx mode
  • New CM Theme Engine

NEW IN RELEASE 1.5:
  • Update of Inspire Launcher (12.2.0): Launcher settings is more stable now
  • Fixed Hardware keys
  • A2SD is working now (fixed an issue with mounting sd-ext)

NOT WORKING:

• MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS instead)
  • Video recording (present in all 4.x ROMs)
  • Screen recording (not supported by kernel)
  • OpenVPN (kernel issue: cannot acquire tun interface socket)
  • SELinux (disabled by intention)
  • Torch: Brightest setting and stay on after screen shut down (Torch improved)

Please let me know if you find bugs -- if possible with logcat. Thanks! :good:

DOWNLOADS:

Download LiquidSmooth Kitkat v3.2 2016-07-22
Slim Gapps for LiquidSmooth 2016 (73.18 MB)

REQUIREMENTS:

An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot
A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
The latest TWRP (credits @Chromium) or 4EXT (credits @madmaxx82) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.[/QUOTE]

HOW TO INSTALL:

Full wipe
Flash ROM
Boot ROM and enable A2SD before flashing GApps
Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)

CREDITS:

LiquidSmooth, SlimRoms, AOSPA, AOKP, and everyone else who has contributed
Google and CyanogenMod for the Android Security Updates
@LaidbackNikez and Evervolv - for being a forece behind the kernel that powers this ROM, as well as for the vendor files and device trees

SOURCE:

Kernel:
https://github.com/spezi77/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
ROM:
* Base: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth
* Mods: https://github.com/spezi77

You may want to compile it yourself:
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/liquid.git -b kitkat
repo sync
wget https://s.basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/Cl3Kener/TOOLCHAIN/uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz
tar xvC prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm -f uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz 
rm uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz
. build-liquid.sh -o3 bravo

Have a nice day! ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-00-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-00-03.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 7,042
  • Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-15-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-15-50.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 6,853
  • Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-00-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-09-00-16.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 6,657
  • Screenshot_2015-12-06-18-29-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-18-29-00.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 6,725
Last edited:

Dark98

Jan 10, 2013

I am proud to present you with an incredible smooth and feature rich AOSP based ROM.

1239713_366484996816582_1457113416_n.jpg

601553_366830026782079_883283262_n.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

579668_366829910115424_1484000558_n.png

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

CPA-Poke

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

602019_366829913448757_1521733509_n.png

Sabermod 4.10 GCC Toolchain
O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
Slims DPI on the fly
Active Display
Slims QuickSettings
Halo
Ram Bar
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Privacy Guard
Built in SuperUser
Working wifi Tethering
Cell Broadcasts
LockScreen Notifications

1235191_366829916782090_1063865078_n.png

LiquidSmooth v3.0 Full list of features

NOT WORKING:

Hardware keys (Just use Soft keys or Pie control instead)
USB Mass Storage (Just use Bexton's UMS Toggle for now)
A2SD (error: SD-EXT not mounted properly; Just use Mounts2SD for now)
MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS instead)
Video recording (present in all 4.x ROMs)
Screen recording (brings "Unable to create output directory.")
OpenVPN (kernel issue: cannot acquire tun interface socket)
SELinux
ART

935957_366829960115419_953783660_n.png

LiquidSmooth Github
Kernel Github
1186140_366829970115418_1836801942_n.png

ROM Download - md5 333262e0d8b50468ece6de7b473dee6a
Slim Gapps - md5 279b5dea79e5deaae67253c402a43843

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE

Any Chance You Could Stick To Building One Rom? haha because all your roms are epic and they would be better if you stuck to one rom :D

Last edited:

dariush_jab

Jun 10, 2012
wow man ! your suprized us day to day !
thnx

did u notice ,ur thnx record cross 1000? and i am glad about it

proadi96

Mar 12, 2011
Enniscorthy (Ireland,Wexford)
when I install it exactly like in OP ... when it boots up I let it settle for 3-5min and then the FC's starts... Everything FC actually. Gapps , Inspire launcher , Nova Launcher , media , acore , play store and all basically anything. I do it exactly like in OP , or flash the ROM then boot the ROM , then reboot to recovery and instal gapps but still doesnt work ... When I boot it up , it just says i have no space for anything and i cant use applications , and I have no space so I wont receive SMS ... any idea?

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
when I install it exactly like in OP ... when it boots up I let it settle for 3-5min and then the FC's starts... Everything FC actually. Gapps , Inspire launcher , Nova Launcher , media , acore , play store and all basically anything. I do it exactly like in OP , or flash the ROM then boot the ROM , then reboot to recovery and instal gapps but still doesnt work ... When I boot it up , it just says i have no space for anything and i cant use applications , and I have no space so I wont receive SMS ... any idea?

Then please flash M2SD directly after the ROM and boot. Then reboot into recovery for flashing gapps. Which is your hboot? Stock: 250/40/147 ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: dariush_jab

pro.gangster

Aug 29, 2012
Hey @spezi77 you're working hard on different kitkat roms which I find them all Identical, don't you think its better to provide one stable and complete rom instead of many different which all contain problems? I'm not here to disappoint you, but I think all these roms could be converted to each other by only some launchers and tweaks. I hope some day I can use one of your very best roms.

thanks indeed...

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Inspire Launcher Settings from App Drawer (Don't touch it - it will crash and reboot your phone! To safely access Inspire Settings make a long press on the screen and then tap on the Gearwheel icon)

Today I have received an update for Inspire Launcher (v12.2.0). Somehow this issue is gone.

How's the rom for you? :fingers-crossed:

spezi77

Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hey @spezi77 you're working hard on different kitkat roms which I find them all Identical, don't you think its better to provide one stable and complete rom instead of many different which all contain problems? I'm not here to disappoint you, but I think all these roms could be converted to each other by only some launchers and tweaks. I hope some day I can use one of your very best roms.

thanks indeed...

True words.. no worries, it's really hard to disappoint me. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I am just learning about Android developments and versioning while looking for the most suitable and stable kk rom for my device. I enjoy the creative process of building roms -- especially by trying out different approaches, roms and kernel mods -- and sharing the results with you. There are a lot of dev teams out there borrowing features from each other -- giving their roms quite a similar feature set (why not?). But imho there are still noticeable differences! And even if we only talk about a specific look and feel or small innovations (have you ever seen Omni? sorry for OT).

With reference to the current bugs, you should not forget that most of them are common for all 4.x roms because they depend on the kernel. :angel:

However, enough said and I guess that by now you guys got really oversaturated! I will try my best to tone it down and focus on improving what is here!

Cheers!

deepgrass

Oct 11, 2010
I have different opinion on this. I agree that quality should be in favor over quantity.

We should be graceful @spezi77 bring us many choice to choose from, and then you can select the rom you like
and be more active in that thread, then natural selection will take it course.
@spezi77 I honor your overwhelming passion to the xda community and Desire, and your next great rom.

Reactions: spezi77

MacDoof

Feb 12, 2011
Hi, thx for your hard work and all the fantastic Roms for our desire. could i ask how i can transculent the statusbar? ican`t find something. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

lslogo.png

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

CPA-Poke

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

FEATURES:

UBER 4.9 GCC Toolchain
    Slims DPI on the fly
    Active Display
    Slims QuickSettings
    Halo
    Ram Bar
    New CM Theme Engine
    Privacy Guard
    Built in SuperUser
    Working wifi Tethering
    Cell Broadcasts
    LockScreen Notifications

LiquidSmooth v3.2 Full list of features

CHANGELOG:

NEW IN RELEASE 8:
    • Add back full language support.
    • Lower the default max. cpu freq to 998400 Hz.
    • Torch: Removed brightest option from settings; Torch will now stay on after screen shut down!

NEW IN RELEASE 7:
    • This build includes the official Android Security Updates from 1st June 2015
    • Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life (credits Cl3Kener); compiled the rom with AOSP toolchain 4.8
    • Update kernel (July security bulletin)
    • Replace KernelTweaker (FC'ing) with KernelAdiutor

NEW IN RELEASE 6:
    • This build includes the official Android Security Updates from 1st Nov 2015 (you can now view the information about the patch level under Settings > About Phone > Android security patch level)
    • Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life (credits Cl3Kener)
    • Patched the previously missed out security holes in kernel base as mentioned by @walter79
    • If you want to have kernel 3.0.16 (experimental) use this flashable zip
    • Updated NovaLauncher to 4.1.0
    • Added signature spoofing support (read more about this)
    • Fixed an issue in the hardware keys configuration (credits @sverfaillie)
    • Slim GApps: fixed a problem (three no longer required apks were still remaining under /system/apps after GApps installation) to gain more space in the ROM's system partition

NEW IN RELEASE 5:
    • Added a few more patches against vulnerabilities, e.g.: CVE-2015-1528, CVE-2013-6282 (kernel patch).
    • Big thanks to @walter79 for making me aware of their existence!

NEW IN RELEASE 4:

NEW IN RELEASE 3:
    • Patched to the highest security level for Kitkat (incl. Stagefright 2.0 & Android Security Updates from Nov 2015)
    • Set CM cLock as default lockscreen widget
    • Added a patch to prevent wakelocks caused by Google Play Services 7.x SystemUpdateService (credits CM)
    • Use per default SMARTASSH3 (allows a better speed/battery-saving ratio)

NEW IN RELEASE 2:
    • ART
    • Liquid Launcher
    • Keyguard: use overlay to disable Menu Key In Lock Screen
    • Fix 'long press home key' to bring up the recent apps
    • Slim down rom by removing Chinese font
    • Update animation scale defaults with the optimal settings for htc bravo (0.5x)
    • Frameworks/base: Add setCurrentFunctions to Legacy USB DM
    • Allow forcing HighEndGfx mode
    • New CM Theme Engine

NEW IN RELEASE 1.5:
    • Update of Inspire Launcher (12.2.0): Launcher settings is more stable now
    • Fixed Hardware keys
    • A2SD is working now (fixed an issue with mounting sd-ext)

NOT WORKING:

• MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS instead)
    • Video recording (present in all 4.x ROMs)
    • Screen recording (not supported by kernel)
    • OpenVPN (kernel issue: cannot acquire tun interface socket)
    • SELinux (disabled by intention)
    • Torch: Brightest setting and stay on after screen shut down (Torch improved)

Please let me know if you find bugs -- if possible with logcat. Thanks! :good:

DOWNLOADS:

Download LiquidSmooth Kitkat v3.2 2016-07-22
    Slim Gapps for LiquidSmooth 2016 (73.18 MB)

REQUIREMENTS:

An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot
    A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
    The latest TWRP (credits @Chromium) or 4EXT (credits @madmaxx82) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.[/QUOTE]

HOW TO INSTALL:

Full wipe
    Flash ROM
    Boot ROM and enable A2SD before flashing GApps
    Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)

CREDITS:

LiquidSmooth, SlimRoms, AOSPA, AOKP, and everyone else who has contributed
    Google and CyanogenMod for the Android Security Updates
    @LaidbackNikez and Evervolv - for being a forece behind the kernel that powers this ROM, as well as for the vendor files and device trees

SOURCE:

Kernel:
    https://github.com/spezi77/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
    ROM:
    * Base: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth
    * Mods: https://github.com/spezi77

You may want to compile it yourself:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/liquid.git -b kitkat
    repo sync
    wget https://s.basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/Cl3Kener/TOOLCHAIN/uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz
    tar xvC prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm -f uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz 
    rm uber-arm-eabi-4.9.tar.xz
    . build-liquid.sh -o3 bravo

Have a nice day! ;)

Screenshots:

dwnwf17a5k9d9hxfg.jpg
    zg37yr4754wlkknfg.jpg

cgih9glhmyzoanjfg.jpg
    an9fc8y3czc4bawfg.jpg

w6ibntiq05i62rhfg.jpg
    8dzttitantgcj12fg.jpg

yqxuqa4un3ryb0nfg.jpg
    2civmvdndd38lz2fg.jpg

ju3vpak1y58cgutfg.jpg
    kwxwpzv38uxs00lfg.jpg

s0c19ic3478st62fg.jpg
    [/CENTER]
    Hey Desire folks!

I just happened to release a new version, which makes your Desires invulnerable! I have added the most recent Stagefright 2.0 and Android Security Updates from November 2015.

In case you are interested, go to post #1.

Have a nice day! ;)
    - spezi
    New version of rom and gapps released. Enjoy. ;)