[DSB2] Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F) OFFICIAL OneUI/Pie beta (NO ROOT/CUSTOM ROM TALK!!!)

Search This thread

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Samsung has started today with the "Beta-program" for the Note8 (like previously S9-series and Note9) in Korea and India...

For more info: check Galaxy Note 8 One UI beta with Android 9 officially released on SamMobile

QiYTG5.jpg
pxOWxR.jpg
Lae4Z6.jpg

OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CEL CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PCL PHE PHN PTR ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

You'll have to be on N950FXXU5CSA3: i.e. India (INS)

1. Type *#1234# in your dialer
2. If you see the same info as below, you are good to go:
AP N950FXXU5CSA3
CP N950FXXU5CRK4
CSC N950FOXM5CRHA

If you DON'T see above info: FLASH INDIAN-version first to your device, with Odin 3.13.1 (AP BL CP & HOME_CSC)!

Note: your device will NOT CHANGE to an Indian version; INS is also part of Multi-CSC OXM. Your current CSC will stay the same!

Details for download with SamFirm:
oSyh0E.png

Or read this post, made possible by @geri005: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78684844&postcount=128

NOTE: This is for Multi-CSC OXM only!

NOTE 2: As this is BETA Firmware, some functions may / may not work anymore -> keep that in mind!

* If you have sd card place update.zip in it, boot to recovery by holding Volume up + power +bixby button.
* Go to apply update from SD card.
* just choose install update, If no sd card choose adb in recovery.
* Download adb from here https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
* Download and install adb drivers http://adbdriver.com/
* Copy the update.zip file to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe file is)
* Put your phone in recovery mode and select Apply update from ADB, then connect it to your PC
* Wait until your PC installs the drivers, if you're doing this for the first time.
* Open command prompt, navigate to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe and update.zip is)
* Issue the following command: adb devices
If you can see a device in 'sideload' mode, you can proceed, otherwise you may have some troubleshooting to do.
* Issue the following command: adb sideload update.zip
* Be patient, and enjoy your update.

This will not trip knox if done by the method i told

Beta 1, CSA3 -> ZSA5
Google Drive
MegaNZ

Thanks to my collegue Abhijeet from SamMobile for pulling the UPDATE.ZIP on his Note8!

wDaL0w.jpg
hDEIPN.jpg
cbNJL3.jpg

Beta 2, ZSA5 -> ZSAB
MegaNZ
Google Drive

Thanks to my collegue Abhijeet from SamMobile for pulling the UPDATE.ZIP on his Note8!

Beta 3, ZSAB -> ZSB1
q0oVEx.jpg
mDR1qe.png
u1TmsF.jpg

MegaNZ
Google Drive

Beta 4, ZSB1 -> ZSB2
hPRWBg.jpg
KPBlDB.jpg

MegaNZ

Stable/Offlicial Release, ZSB2 -> DSB2
ATKpqz.png
YpPo4R.jpg

MegaNZ

Last edited:

cogelindo

Oct 27, 2014
Once I upgraded my s8 + to Óreo beta, installing the update zip with the recovery stock.
I'm rooted now, but someone should try and confirm if he could do it.

EDIT: I already read that the procedure is in OP, I hope the confirmation thanks.

Last edited:

diegobn

May 21, 2015
@henklbr please confirm me the procedure given I have never used this method, only Odin so far:
1 update to CSA3 as usual (I've always kept my country's CSC as stock, that's ITV in my case)
2 copy zip update in sd card
3 reboot in recovery and choose "apply update from sd" (or zip, whatever, I don't remember)
Doing so will not change CSC and update the device.
Is it advisable to restore the device to stock (before / after)?
Thanks in advance for your answer and for your constant help!

edit to answer @henklbr: thank you again, I will try tonight and hope everything will be fine!

Last edited:

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
@henklbr please confirm me the procedure given I have never used this method, only Odin so far:
1 update to CSA3 as usual (I've always kept my country's CSC as stock, that's ITV in my case)
2 copy zip update in sd card
3 reboot in recovery and choose "apply update from sd" (or zip, whatever, I don't remember)
Doing so will not change CSC and update the device.
Is it advisable to restore the device to stock (before / after)?
Thanks in advance for your answer and for your constant help!

Reset device is NOT necessary; ITV is in Multi-CSC OXM, so CSC will stay the same...

You can always reset your device AFTER the updates if you encounter any problems...

dj_iiml

Apr 3, 2013
Jorhat, Assam, India
Will it work like a normal update if via sdcard ?

Samsung has started today with the "Beta-program" for the Note8 (like previously S9-series and Note9) in Korea and India...

For more info: check Galaxy Note 8 One UI beta with Android 9 officially released on SamMobile

QiYTG5.jpg
pxOWxR.jpg
Lae4Z6.jpg

OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CEL CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PCL PHE PHN PTR ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

AP N950FXXU5CSA3
CP N950FXXU5CRK4
CSC N950FOXM5CRHA

If you DON'T see above info: FLASH INDIAN-version first to your device!
oSyh0E.png

* If you have sd card place update.zip in it boot to recovery by holding power up + power +bixby button.
* Download adb from here https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
* Put your phone in recovery mode and select Apply update from ADB, then connect it to your PC
* Wait until your PC installs the drivers, if you're doing this for the first time.
* Open command prompt, navigate to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe and update.zip is)
If you can see a device in 'sideload' mode, you can proceed, otherwise you may have some troubleshooting to do.

Beta 1, CSA3 -> ZSA5
Google Drive
MegaNZ

Registered on one ui beta, CRK4 Dec build.

Cant update manually, nothing happens if i click on update manually.

Will copying to sd card and installing via boot do same thing without affecting knox and installed apps?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

QiYTG5.jpg
pxOWxR.jpg
Lae4Z6.jpg

AP N950FXXU5CSA3
CP N950FXXU5CRK4
CSC N950FOXM5CRHA

oSyh0E.png

* If you have sd card place update.zip in it boot to recovery by holding power up + power +bixby button.

Beta 1, CSA3 -> ZSA5
Google Drive
MegaNZ

Will copying to sd card and installing via boot do same thing without affecting knox and installed apps?

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Read message #1 -> You'll have to be on N950FXXU5CSA3: i.e. India (INS)

oSyh0E.png

dave7802

Jan 23, 2007
Liverpool
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Edited:

Was curious about trying, but by the sounds of it, you have to be on a specific firmware version.
Then, and only then, you can apply the BETA update.

Wait for a more user friendly method. (Not that its difficult, but going from the ROM version i am on, id prefer to just grab a flashable file and keep most of my system intact, or at least a fast way to restore.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

QiYTG5.jpg
    pxOWxR.jpg
    Lae4Z6.jpg

AP N950FXXU5CSA3
    CP N950FXXU5CRK4
    CSC N950FOXM5CRHA

If you DON'T see above info: FLASH INDIAN-version first to your device, with Odin 3.13.1 (AP BL CP & HOME_CSC)!

Note: your device will NOT CHANGE to an Indian version; INS is also part of Multi-CSC OXM. Your current CSC will stay the same!

oSyh0E.png

Or read this post, made possible by @geri005: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78684844&postcount=128

NOTE 2: As this is BETA Firmware, some functions may / may not work anymore -> keep that in mind!

* If you have sd card place update.zip in it, boot to recovery by holding Volume up + power +bixby button.

Beta 1, CSA3 -> ZSA5
    Google Drive
    MegaNZ

wDaL0w.jpg
    hDEIPN.jpg
    cbNJL3.jpg

Beta 2, ZSA5 -> ZSAB
    MegaNZ
    Google Drive

Beta 3, ZSAB -> ZSB1
    q0oVEx.jpg
    mDR1qe.png
    u1TmsF.jpg

MegaNZ
    Google Drive

Beta 4, ZSB1 -> ZSB2
    hPRWBg.jpg
    KPBlDB.jpg

MegaNZ

ATKpqz.png
    YpPo4R.jpg

MegaNZ

ZSAB -> ZSB1 update.zip

Beta 3, ZSAB -> ZSB1
    q0oVEx.jpg
    mDR1qe.png
    u1TmsF.jpg

MegaNZ
    Google Drive

N950FXXU5ZSAB update.zip (ZSA5->ZSAB)

wDaL0w.jpg
    hDEIPN.jpg
    cbNJL3.jpg

Beta 2, ZSA5 -> ZSAB
    MegaNZ
    Google Drive

N950FXXU5DSB2 update.zip (ZSB2->DSB2) STABLE/OFFICIAL release

ATKpqz.png
    YpPo4R.jpg

MegaNZ

N950FXXU5ZSB2 update.zip (ZSB1->ZSB2)

Beta 4, ZSB1 -> ZSB2
    hPRWBg.jpg
    KPBlDB.jpg

MegaNZ