Reboots every 2 mins after update to sense 6.

Search This thread

Davies_90

May 24, 2013
Huddersfield
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
After update to sense 6.0,

Just a quick overview:

I am rooted stock fw stock kernel and latest twrp recovery,unit rebooted prior to rooting also,however prior to update I was fine.
Handset was originally a Vodafone handset unlocked now on 3uk.

I've also included some screen shots of as version etc...

1. Phone auto reboots every 2 mins continuously (while on battery or on charger).
2. Battery drains in 4 to 5 hrs and phone becomes very hot.
3. SYNC is continuously ON most of the day.
4. Apps*requiring update from play store, keeps getting re-installed several times when the SYNC is ON.

I have performed a full factory reset 3 times,no avail.

If I leave at default*apps, my phone is OK. But once I reinstall all my*apps*from play store and setup (individual app manually, with out restoring from backup) the problems reappear.

Thanks for your time.

zuvaduha.jpg

aqa7e6um.jpg

navu8a9u.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Sounds like a 'stuck' sdcard, you may want to try restore tricks but may not help

vlix

Mar 2, 2008
Unfortunately, I have roughly the same problem. I have a rooted HTC One M7 (International), stock everything, unlocked, TWRP recovery.

After updating to Sense 6, the first time I rebooted my phone, it got stuck in a reboot loop (it did a full boot to Android without a hitch, I could even unlock my phone and access my home screen, but a few seconds later it would reboot). Manually restarting the phone didn't help. I finally managed to solve it by shutting the phone down, and then starting it again (instead of restarting). Today however I had to reboot the phone again, and now it's stuck once again in that reboot loop. Switching off the phone isn't working this time.

Any ideas anyone?

nederlandms

Dec 4, 2009
Unfortunately, I have roughly the same problem. I have a rooted HTC One M7 (International), stock everything, unlocked, TWRP recovery.

After updating to Sense 6, the first time I rebooted my phone, it got stuck in a reboot loop (it did a full boot to Android without a hitch, I could even unlock my phone and access my home screen, but a few seconds later it would reboot). Manually restarting the phone didn't help. I finally managed to solve it by shutting the phone down, and then starting it again (instead of restarting). Today however I had to reboot the phone again, and now it's stuck once again in that reboot loop. Switching off the phone isn't working this time.

Any ideas anyone?
well i had the same issue.
but after rebooting. the boot loop stopped. now the homescreen is just black. saying unauthorized device. i can still swipe down the notification bar and go to settings. but thats about it. i can for some reason still pick up the phone. but i can't navigate through my home screen because its black like i said above. nor can i go to my applications.:crying:

vlix

Mar 2, 2008
I at first managed to fix my problem by rolling back to the standard Android 4.4 without Sense 6. My phone worked fine for a few days, but now, after a manual reboot, it has started rebooting again! Exactly the same problem. Whatever is wrong with it, it's also related to a battery drain. The reason I had to reboot was because Google Services was sucking a lot of battery. But I guess it doesn't really have anything to do with the Sense 6 update.

What the hell is going on here....

nederlandms

Dec 4, 2009
I at first managed to fix my problem by rolling back to the standard Android 4.4 without Sense 6. My phone worked fine for a few days, but now, after a manual reboot, it has started rebooting again! Exactly the same problem. Whatever is wrong with it, it's also related to a battery drain. The reason I had to reboot was because Google Services was sucking a lot of battery. But I guess it doesn't really have anything to do with the Sense 6 update.

What the hell is going on here....

ehh possible to put back a custom recovery (TWRP) and flash a custom rom and then try again?

SBColasito

Jul 1, 2014

Just a quick overview:

I am rooted stock fw stock kernel and latest twrp recovery,unit rebooted prior to rooting also,however prior to update I was fine.

1. Phone auto reboots every 2 mins continuously (while on battery or on charger).
4. Apps*requiring update from play store, keeps getting re-installed several times when the SYNC is ON.

If I leave at default*apps, my phone is OK. But once I reinstall all my*apps*from play store and setup (individual app manually, with out restoring from backup) the problems reappear.

Thanks for your time.

Same problem with my bro's HTC One Max but was fixed. I told him to go to recovery(TWRP), go to wipe, click "advanced wipe", check everything except usb-otg. Then click "format data" and type "yes" and install everything again.

Hope this helps

Reactions: qwertyuiop404

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just a quick overview:

Thanks for your time.

Same problem with my bro's HTC One Max but was fixed. I told him to go to recovery(TWRP), go to wipe, click "advanced wipe", check everything except usb-otg. Then click "format data" and type "yes" and install everything again.

Hope this helps