Point in using task killer?

Search This thread

stevvie

Jan 6, 2009
There is NO point using a task killer on Android, as it will only load the needed/wanted stuff back into memory and thus using even more battery than NOT killing the task.

stevvie

Jan 6, 2009
I used to use ram tweaker programs but now just use spica123's hp mod or v8 superscript. Just searck xda for them.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

tablighs

Mar 1, 2011
Generally it is discouraged to use any kind of task killler on gingerbread because it messes with the built-in memory manager. If by any chance you are using froyo or earlier version of android, then it is ok.

As for the v6 supercharger, I'm using it too. :)

vanmarek

May 26, 2012
Here
Just as stevvie said, you will kill the apps for a few seconds, but they will just reload again. It kills your battery.
Also, I've noticed that sometimes apps that weren't even running before the killing launch after the killing (i.e. you kill 10 apps, 12 apps launch a couple of seconds later).
Most importantly, your widgets can get messed up, unless you exclude the widget app in ATM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is NO point using a task killer on Android, as it will only load the needed/wanted stuff back into memory and thus using even more battery than NOT killing the task.