Pretty excited to get my first Xoom Tablet.

Search This thread

jlvlawrence

Dec 29, 2011
Lawrence
I also have a nexus 7 and a xoom. Live them both. I thought about selling my Xoom to get the nexus 10. I couldn't bring myself t to do it though. 4g+HDMI out+ a decent camera+cyanogenmod 10= an awesome device!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gorcutt

Dec 22, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
I've been an EeePad (Asus Transformer) user for a few years now and just last week the battery died...it won't hold a charge...I sold it on Ebay (full disclosure) and got a Xoom tablet...I'm pretty excited about it.

I have one that died with the touch problem. Will send to repair next week. Anyway, flash CM10 custom ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=948) and you will see how good the XOOM can be.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

Droidlyen

Jun 17, 2012
Well, I just bought a XOOM JZ054K yesterday and I love it!!!

It started up with JB 4.1.2 already on it.

Is there someway I can Root it on JB?

...or do I have to downgrade it to GB or ICS to Root it?

Supercutetom

May 5, 2012
Williamsburg
I think its safe to say our Xooms will always hold a place in our hearts as the first Kickass Android tablet. Legendary.

When its time to finally retire the ol' girl I'll sit it up in its dock and rest it on my bookshelf.

gorcutt

Dec 22, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Well, I just bought a XOOM JZ054K yesterday and I love it!!!

It started up with JB 4.1.2 already on it.

Is there someway I can Root it on JB?

...or do I have to downgrade it to GB or ICS to Root it?

I'm almost sure you can root it with JB. Give a good search on the Xoom thread and I think you may find a way.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gorcutt

Dec 22, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Stating facts isn't being a downer. It's a fact that the Xoom's age is showing and that there are some superior options out now that weren't out when the Xoom came out.

You bet it, but I want my XOOM fixed anyway. Its damn solid, much more solid than the Note 10.1 I'm using at the moment. Slower, yes much much slower, but solid.

rpavich

Mar 23, 2011
Just thought I'd update since I received my Xoom.

I love it. It's a bit heavier than the TF but whatever.

I'm not pining over better tablets or what "could have been"...it's serving it's purpose and doing it nicely for cheap.

Just what I was looking for when I selected it :)

gorcutt

Dec 22, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Congratulations.The XOOM may be a bit havy but it is a very good device. Enjoy and don't forget to flash CM10 to use the full potential of your tablet.

Frazer Scott

Mar 27, 2012
Manchester
I just got a Xoom on Sunday and it a nice device. Iv unlocked and setup 4.1.2 EOS with oc and for the price I paid its a good device. Can anyone suggest any good games that make use of the screen size? I got it mainly for reading comics and browser but wouldnt hurt to have a few good games, im hoping it runs the android Baldurs gate when its out.

gorcutt

Dec 22, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
I just got a Xoom on Sunday and it a nice device. Iv unlocked and setup 4.1.2 EOS with oc and for the price I paid its a good device. Can anyone suggest any good games that make use of the screen size? I got it mainly for reading comics and browser but wouldnt hurt to have a few good games, im hoping it runs the android Baldurs gate when its out.

I'll always be addicted to Angry Birds :p

jlvlawrence

Dec 29, 2011
Lawrence

NBA jams, need for speed, granny smith, bad piggies, clay jam

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Xoom's 10" LCD is inferior to the N7's 7" IPS with higher contrast at the same resolution.

With the obvious exception of 3.1"....

If I could have done it cheaply, I'd have gotten another outdated transformer...I'm not looking to spend tons of cash and go "latest and greatest"....just want to read emails and watch netflix... :)
    Are you saying it magically won't become functional now???

If I have it for two years before it breaks I'll be happy. It was cheap.
    It doesn't stop being functional but it definitely has a LOT less to offer than even the N7. Plus the Tegra 2 is ancient and weaker than some Single core processors (like the hummingbird).
    I've had my Xoom WiFi for about six months, I've GEDifid it right away as I'm in the UK and it wasn't going to get the updates as fast.
    this is a great device even if the support has stopped, its only just stopped and the device isn't going to blow up lol

I'm running the final official version 4.1.1 and its running super smooth, fast I love it.

I'm sure your get a few years great use out of it, the best thing about android is the developers community you know your going to get updates until it just won't take anymore.

long live the original Google Experience Device.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
    Thanks, I've been looking...

I'm sure I'll find it soon :D

Here you go
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32784135

It doesn't stop being functional but it definitely has a LOT less to offer than even the N7. Plus the Tegra 2 is ancient and weaker than some Single core processors (like the hummingbird).

Don't try to rain on our xoom parade, hope your 5000+ post isn't downers like these two here...