[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

Search This thread

crackedtooth

Jul 14, 2013
Well, I finished the rootkit for the GT-I9192. I opted for a flash able cwm zip for the rooting process, that also flashes the insecure kernel.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers,
C.

since CWD does not support exfat ... dual partition on sd card silly to do?

Formated 64gb Samsung SDXC to fat32 now using EaseUS partition manager

GREAT WORK to have it rooted now with all favourite appz there

Last edited:

b0g

Oct 21, 2012
arco68,

can you tell us about signal of this model i9195? is weak or good?
how loud is this model? i saw in review on gsmarena.com, can have some problem: is not louder,
can you tell us if this model contain 2 file in system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder: snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 and snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3, ?
for modification of sound parametres like in this link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293133

thanks you

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
arco68,

can you tell us about signal of this model i9195? is weak or good?
how loud is this model? i saw in review on gsmarena.com, can have some problem: is not louder,
can you tell us if this model contain 2 file in system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder: snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 and snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3, ?
for modification of sound parametres like in this link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293133

thanks you
About signal and how loud it is, I actually have no idea, as I still haven't put a SIM card in it, lol. I'm working on CM10.1 for it at the moment, so I'm using my old phone for calls. Someone else will probably be able to answer that.

And yes, there's several files in system/etc/snd_soc_msm. Our device only uses one of them - snd_soc_msm_2x, but the principle for editing it is the same as you linked to above. Btw, this file must be completely rewritten for CM10.1, and it's a huge task and a pain in the ass doing it. :(

geniusboy93

Jan 29, 2013
Shah Alam, Selangor
About signal and how loud it is, I actually have no idea, as I still haven't put a SIM card in it, lol. I'm working on CM10.1 for it at the moment, so I'm using my old phone for calls. Someone else will probably be able to answer that.

And yes, there's several files in system/etc/snd_soc_msm. Our device only uses one of them - snd_soc_msm_2x, but the principle for editing it is the same as you linked to above. Btw, this file must be completely rewritten for CM10.1, and it's a huge task and a pain in the ass doing it. :(

Relax sir. Don't be rush. Take your time sir. The most important is your health sir. You also need to rest a lot. Cheers:D

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute

If you would like some help with the development, I've got some spare time. Let me know.

I am also looking into the dual sim functionality to allow cm10 to use both sim cards in the i9192 variant.

Cheers,
C.

jinan

Dec 6, 2004
Male'
I just rooted my S4 mini I9195 successfully with this method. However, one thing I forgot to do is update the Firmware before rooting. Damn!
Is there anyway I could un-root temporarily and then root again? Now, when I attempt to update I get a message saying that my device had been modified and software updates are not available :(

I have flashed the stock ROM recommended here and I got back to root, which is already with the latest firmware version. However, I must say that it is a branded ROM of Entel Chile, unlike what is mentioned in the link.

b0g

Oct 21, 2012
wow, nice ... maybe arco68 you need to talk with administrator of XDA Community Forums to create a new "zone" for samsung s4 mini,

Reactions: Karadjordje

irv777

Dec 7, 2004
Can we install the latest titanium backup on our device now since we now have root? Has anyone tried this and does it work? Thanks.

aydahm

Jun 9, 2010
Istanbul
Hi there,

First of all, thank you for your efforts.

Is it possible for you to release a version that works on GT-I9190 devices as well?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    10. Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
      Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common/commits/stock
    If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk
    I'm still working on CM, and have the last few days been struggling with rewriting the audio config that defines mixer control and usages. Samsung uses completely different names than what's in the audio hal in CM, and rewriting it and testing is a huge pain. And then on top of that Android 4.3 was released, so even more work bringing that up too.
    [OFF-TOPIC] What do you think about releasing a second CM9/CM10 EOL for our old Galaxy W to include the MasterKey exploit patches? I don't think it's a good idea to leave us with security risks :)[/OFF-TOPIC]

Yes, there will be new releases of that soon. But keep that discussion to the Galaxy W forums. :)

Quick question before I root it, what do you mean by "insecure"? Certainly not shy, but as in unstable or as in unsafe?

An insecure kernel has disabled the root prevention checks that Samsung added. Other than that it's the same as stock kernel. Although in this kernel I also made two minor changes to allow apps to read the kernel log and the full logcat.
    Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
    Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.