[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 {t0lteatt} (04/13/14)

Search This thread

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
I do check their Google plus page often and have noticed new builds for other devices except ours and totle. It just sucks because you find a rom that you like then development slows down or stops (SOKP-cough cough) oh well it's part of having an older device.

The bad thing is... The n7000 still gets regular updates... lol Oh well... Maybe it's about time I setup a build system so I can build it from source...

phaze1

Jan 20, 2008
The bad thing is... The n7000 still gets regular updates... lol Oh well... Maybe it's about time I setup a build system so I can build it from source...

Would be cool if they could at least put one update or fix for our devices that would fix that issue. I will be moving on to the Note 4 as I always wait a bit to upgrade but will keep my Note 2 as a backup and would like to keep it on this Rom but we'll see ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Duskycub

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Would be cool if they could at least put one nightly or fix for our devices that would fix that issue. I will be moving on to the Note 4 as I always wait a bit to upgrade but will keep my Note 2 as a backup and would like to keep it on this Rom but we'll see ;)

The newest source does appear to fix the issue. At least so far...
8y3yva5u.jpg

jrodbrown58

Only a few small issues I'm having are 1) that when I use floating windows I get a bar saying systemui that I have to close out of after I close the floating window that I'm using. 2) I had a small issue with YouTube but seems to be working OK after I cleared the app data. And is there a way to set omniswitch as the main recents app? I'm not a fan of slim recents or the stock aosp recents. Other than that I love this ROM! A lot of customization and really smooth! Especially love the carrier logo =]

Sent from my SGH-I317

jaredl45600

Dec 18, 2012
Wow. Jmz. Haven't seen you since the HTC one v. Good to see you are still at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

King_i9000

Aug 10, 2012
Windsor
Galaxy gear compatibility.

wanted to know if this rom works with the gear. I have null flashed onto the watch. Any help would be appreciated.

Duskycub

Dec 14, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Sorry I didn't follow up on this. I uninstalled it by deleting the apk file in root/data/app. Then it booted up again normally.

its ok after some fact checking found out my gapps download was corrupt
after downloading it again it worked perfectly and since this DU version is not updated i found that a great person on here is creating updated version http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/development/rom-dirty-unicorns-v7-9-9-9-2014-t2872554 and it runs smooth

Rockstad

Nov 3, 2012
Mcloud
Quick n00by question. Is the ATT modem on this the latest? And which is the latest, I've tried to find out and cannot find the latest version. Doesn't seem like the modem thread is updated much. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

rob_z11

Just quick question if anyone has been experiencing any periodic drop in network connection? It doesn't appear to lock on LTE as well as no network connection?

Also, nothing happens when I click on active display?

Other than, remarkably smooth and polished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

cokekid76

Dec 15, 2012
links

the link for the rom take me to D.U. but the t0lteatt is not in the list

mbK2Y4U.jpg

rom_information.png
Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating or any form of "pay to flash".

ELDlDWD.png
"Give credit and thanks where is due!" That's something that has fuel the way we do things! With that said, we would like to go ahead and credit those individuals and groups that have made this ROM possible with their original code and contributions to the Android community.....

| OmniROM | AOKP | ChaOS | Paranoidandroid | SlimROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.​

features.png

-- Facebook Sync Hack
-- PDroid patches included
-- Immersive mode
-- Hot Reboot Option
-- Appbar (ribbons)
-- Customizable Quick Settings
-- Customizable power menu
-- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
-- App Ops access in Settings
-- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
-- Statusbar Clock options
-- NavBar Options
-- Halo from Paranoidandroid
-- Halo size changer
-- Hardware key remap mod
-- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
-- Network speed indicators in statusbar
-- Koush Superuser
-- Build.prop mods
-- Init.d Tweaks
-- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
-- ListView Animations
-- Custom System Animations
-- Custom BusyDialog
-- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
-- ScreenShot QuickTrash
-- Color Changing PhaseBeam
-- Gesture Anywhere
-- Button Light Notification
-- Statusbar Color options
-- Hosts file manager (ad-free option)
-- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
-- Driving Mode
-- Lockscreen theme options
-- Lockscreen notifications / options

-- And much much more, just take a peek in Dirty Tweaks for yourself and ENJOY!!!

kernel.png

6.0 - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

flash.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat
- Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
- Move the ROM zip to your device
- Flash it and reboot
- Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
- Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

issues.png

Nothing that I've seen but feel free to post what you find :)

changelog.png

Code:
- Initial Kit Kat release

romlinks.png

ROM LINK - Download

GAPPS LINK - Download

MORE links that may or may not be of interest to you....

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
Github source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
- IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mbK2Y4U.jpg

rom_information.png
    Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating or any form of "pay to flash".

ELDlDWD.png
    "Give credit and thanks where is due!" That's something that has fuel the way we do things! With that said, we would like to go ahead and credit those individuals and groups that have made this ROM possible with their original code and contributions to the Android community.....

| OmniROM | AOKP | ChaOS | Paranoidandroid | SlimROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.​

features.png

-- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- PDroid patches included
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot Option
    -- Appbar (ribbons)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo from Paranoidandroid
    -- Halo size changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- Koush Superuser
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- Hosts file manager (ad-free option)
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options

-- And much much more, just take a peek in Dirty Tweaks for yourself and ENJOY!!!

kernel.png

6.0 - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

flash.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your device
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

issues.png

Nothing that I've seen but feel free to post what you find :)

changelog.png

Code:
    - Initial Kit Kat release

romlinks.png

ROM LINK - Download

GAPPS LINK - Download

MORE links that may or may not be of interest to you....

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
    Github source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
    Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!
    mine too.....
    Finally got it uploaded. All is good now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    New Build up today!
    New build posted. This one with Theme Chooser finally!!!!