Pogo and Dagi stylus tested

Search This thread

tex777

Nov 13, 2009
I've tested two capacitive styli with the HD2, see vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgHCqZuJuw

The Pogo Sketch has a thick tip, kinda like a another finger.. The Dagi has a dot in the middle which hits correct around 80% of the times. Not perfect but if needed better than fingers!

I will definitively use the dagi when doing remote desktop work with the HD2. Until either the HTC stylus is released or Logmein/VNC apps change the way the cursor works. More like the iphone counterparts, move the desktop instead of the mouse etc. Seem more finger friendly.

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
I just made my own capacitive stylus :D

two experiments.

I took a small valve adaptor that's used to inflate a football (soccer) ball. filled the hollow part of the fat end with foil to come out just past the end of the screw on part.
then cover the end entire end with foil, and press the entire lot in really hard. Smooth the foil down (rub it on a piece of wooden laminate floor, your jeans what ever).

alternatively using a pencil with a rubber(eraser) on the end of it.
Cover with silver kitchen foil, leave enough foil up the shaft to make contact with your fingers. Smooth the foil down on the end.

Both seem to work fine, I prefer the shorter valve option.

*** Tested using the great Dynaink.

Attachments

• Draw_091128_2319.jpg
    Draw_091128_2319.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Interesting thread this.

However I find an irony in the fact that for years we have all been hassling for finger friendly devices and apps. As soon as we get one what do we do?
Yes, we go find a stylus to work with it! :)

Funny.

WB

bumskee

Oct 29, 2009
it's only because the WM apps aren't finger friendly yet.. HD2 being the first.. but I am sure lots of apps will follow..

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've had both the Pogo and the Dagi styluses, and found them both pretty useless to be honest.

The Pogo one stuttered quite a lot, and I found I couldn't slide the unlock on the phone with it, as it just kept letting go.

The Dagi one is better, but takes a suprising amount of pressure to work (I do have a screen protector on, but it's only made a tiny difference to sensitivity when using my fingers).

I'll probably try the HTC one when (if) it gets released. The only reason I want a stylus is for legacy apps that pretty much require one. I can handle using Aurora (for example), but it's much easier with a stylus.

Incidentally (off topic), if you've not seen Aurora, check it out below. It's soooo cool!

http://www.4pockets.com/product_info.php?p=125

kjt57

Feb 29, 2008
Weston super Mare
I've had both the Pogo and the Dagi styluses, and found them both pretty useless to be honest.

The Pogo one stuttered quite a lot, and I found I couldn't slide the unlock on the phone with it, as it just kept letting go.

The Dagi one is better, but takes a suprising amount of pressure to work (I do have a screen protector on, but it's only made a tiny difference to sensitivity when using my fingers).

I'll probably try the HTC one when (if) it gets released. The only reason I want a stylus is for legacy apps that pretty much require one. I can handle using Aurora (for example), but it's much easier with a stylus.

Incidentally (off topic), if you've not seen Aurora, check it out below. It's soooo cool!

http://www.4pockets.com/product_info.php?p=125

If you look at some sites that are advertising "the official HTC stylus coming soon" the picture is exactly the same as the Dagi........