FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,168 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

465 Vote(s)
23.56%
No, needs improvement.

341 Vote(s)
17.27%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,241 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,636

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Bruce Wayne
1st May 2013, 08:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper5by5

Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've got this problem where it freezes upon reaching the "4G" logo on startup. I looked online for answers and someone recommended to "Odin a stock ROM from your PC", and then they posted a link to this site. Now, I have no idea how to Odin, or what a stock ROM is, so could anyone help me out?

Yes.
Welcome to XDA.

Please go to your device's forum using the search your device box from site. type samsung galaxy s2 and choose your device from the options. Look for the stock odin firmwares thread there. Download the one from your region, see the instructions given on flashing there. If you don't understand the instructions, check out youtube videos for that.
Odin is a easy process and just needs instructions to be followed correctly.

And inform us here when you recover your phone again.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free

2nd May 2013, 02:11 AM |#12  

Donate to Me
More
I just received factory warranty replacement I want root using toolkit V7.3.2 download from XDA i think... Got another one as well SRS one click root both paid for neither will work DID a factory update was 4.1.1 now 4.1.2 i get into Odin and it fails halfway through loading the first step please help only want root nothing special.
Also: after installing drivers it tells me when plugged into the computer windows 7 "hardware ID is missing"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367456855117.jpg
Views:	3111
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1928732  
2nd May 2013, 03:41 AM |#13  

More
Smile
Hi guys! as you can see I am new here
I posted a question in a old thread whose topic was similar to my question but no one answered(cmon! i followed the rules!!!)
This annoyed me a lot, those who preach these rules dont bother to help those who keep it up, I am glad a thread like this is here.

So here I am with my question:
I own a samsung galaxy grand

So i installed the Cyanogenmod 10.1

But I am unable to make calls, it says turn off airplane mode, which i did, rebooted and all

here is the weird part:
I CAN receive calls from other phones but cannot make calls because my phone is still in airplane mode even i removed it from airplane mode.

So can anyone help me?
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 04:30 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffordKT

I just received factory warranty replacement I want root using toolkit V7.3.2 download from XDA i think... Got another one as well SRS one click root both paid for neither will work DID a factory update was 4.1.1 now 4.1.2 i get into Odin and it fails halfway through loading the first step please help only want root nothing special.
Also: after installing drivers it tells me when plugged into the computer windows 7 "hardware ID is missing"

Hi,
Make sure you close samsung kies when you try to use odin.
As for flashing anything from odin, you will need to boot into download mode (vol. Down + power + home) after switching phone off. Then press vol. up, you will see a warning, first and after that comes the downloading screen.

Now make sure drivers are installed correctly, open odin, and now connect phone with usb cable, wait for some time till it shows a yellow box saying COM : ID xxx , something like that and now you can flash relevent files through relevent options. Wait for pass (green) signal and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeapprentice

Hi guys! as you can see I am new here
I posted a question in a old thread whose topic was similar to my question but no one answered(cmon! i followed the rules!!!)
This annoyed me a lot, those who preach these rules dont bother to help those who keep it up, I am glad a thread like this is here.

So here I am with my question:
I own a samsung galaxy grand

So i installed the Cyanogenmod 10.1

But I am unable to make calls, it says turn off airplane mode, which i did, rebooted and all

here is the weird part:
I CAN receive calls from other phones but cannot make calls because my phone is still in airplane mode even i removed it from airplane mode.

So can anyone help me?

That seems crazy, if it shows flight mode, you should also not be able to recieve calls. Seems a problem with the rom. Try wiping cache/dalvick cache /data from cwm/twrp and see if it fixes the bug. If not contact the rom developer or flash another/stock rom and reflash CM 10.1 to see if the problem persists.

Also welcome.

2nd May 2013, 04:34 AM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
Close Samsung Kies.... By disabling or forcing it to stop?

Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 04:37 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

Close Samsung Kies.... By disabling or forcing it to stop?

You can use task maneger or just uninstall it if it isn't needed as such.

2nd May 2013, 04:45 AM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 04:50 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

Will try as soon as possible, thank you for your help. At work gotta remove and install vct...

Inform us if you are successfull or not Also use the button whenever you want to say thanks or if someone helps you. It makes thread less cluttered with all thanks you for help posts. Also do read op of this thread again, and see links from my signature. It will help you to gain some more knowledge on xda.
Good luck with the flashing :thumbup::thumbup:

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
2nd May 2013, 08:05 AM |#19  

More
Will not boot
I have this thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post40951364

Where I was stuck at the "Samsung" logo, and now I have used Odin to stock and it says PASS yet i am stuck on the screen with the Android and the spinning stuff in his chest and the bar on the bottom moving.

It is stuck on this screen

I have no idea what to do now or how to get my stuff back.
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 08:35 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tguerrerojr

I have this thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post40951364

Where I was stuck at the "Samsung" logo, and now I have used Odin to stock and it says PASS yet i am stuck on the screen with the Android and the spinning stuff in his chest and the bar on the bottom moving.

It is stuck on this screen

I have no idea what to do now or how to get my stuff back.

Well, I have gone through your thread. Please can you confirm if it is same result with different firmware? If the problem still persists, please take your phone to service centre. Act as dumb and don't let them know that you have tried rooting. They will get it fixed for you.

2nd May 2013, 09:13 AM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne

Hi,
Make sure you close samsung kies when you try to use odin.
As for flashing anything from odin, you will need to boot into download mode (vol. Down + power + home) after switching phone off. Then press vol. up, you will see a warning, first and after that comes the downloading screen.

Now make sure drivers are installed correctly, open odin, and now connect phone with usb cable, wait for some time till it shows a yellow box saying COM : ID xxx , something like that and now you can flash relevent files through relevent options. Wait for pass (green) signal and you're done.

That seems crazy, if it shows flight mode, you should also not be able to recieve calls. Seems a problem with the rom. Try wiping cache/dalvick cache /data from cwm/twrp and see if it fixes the bug. If not contact the rom developer or flash another/stock rom and reflash CM 10.1 to see if the problem persists.

Also welcome.

Problem is the thread is in a dev section, and i need to make my post count reach 10
so i will have to wait hehe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)