FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to restore / import Line chat history!

301 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By BillBauman, Senior Member on 17th October 2013, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2013, 08:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Didn't Work on LG Android Optimus
I must be doing something wrong, but it seems I've followed all the steps. The LINE_backup files are in my SD card, but when I click Import Chat History>yes>ok, nothing happens... :/
I made an account just to post on here and hopefully find out.

14th January 2014, 09:11 AM |#12  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimyorl

I just found a method for importing the chat history using Titanium Backup and the terminal. You need root for this. Recently Line made some changes that made this more
Hope you find this useful.

1. Restore Line with Titanium Backup (app+data) (DON'T OPEN THE LINE APP YET!)

2. Log into a root shell and delete the previous settings:

sqlite3 /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/databases/naver_line
delete from setting;
.quit

3. Now we have to delete this xml only if you are using a recent version. In previous ones it didn't even exist as far as I know
rm /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml

4. Open the Line app and it will ask you to enter your user and password.

5. Enjoy!

I used this method and bang! It works like a charm!
Thanks a lot
*It actually still gives warning after I logged in - that my chat history will be deleted or such -, but actually it didn't delete a thing. So, to anyone who wanna try this, don't worry with the warning message!*
14th January 2014, 04:55 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.abcde

I used this method and bang! It works like a charm!
Thanks a lot
*It actually still gives warning after I logged in - that my chat history will be deleted or such -, but actually it didn't delete a thing. So, to anyone who wanna try this, don't worry with the warning message!*

Glad it was useful for you!

Thanks for the feedback. I will add the info about the warning as I forgot it completely.
27th January 2014, 10:36 AM |#14  
Flag Girona
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hello,

Quote:

This gives me this error:
Error: unable to open database "data/data/jp.naver.line.android/databases/naver_line": unable to open database file
I use the emulator in ROM Toolbox Lite

Quote:

delete from setting;

If I use SQLite Debugger to delete the setting table, and I also remove the jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml file with ES Explorer, I get the Force Close when I try to open the application.

And If I delete the whole naver_line database, then Line starts, but losing the chat history.
The Following User Says Thank You to norike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift norike Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 04:20 PM |#15  
Flag Girona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norike

This gives me this error:
Error: unable to open database "data/data/jp.naver.line.android/databases/naver_line": unable to open database file
I use the emulator in ROM Toolbox Lite

Got it! I was missing the su command to make the emulator rooted.
I also found the jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml file in a slightly different location than where daimyorl said above (but the credits go to him). For me it was into /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/shared_prefs/

Then, the complete instructions that worked for me are:
  2. Log into a shell and delete the settings:
    Code:
    su
    delete from setting;
    .quit
  3. Remove jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml
    Code:
    rm /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/shared_prefs/jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml
  4. Open the Line app and it will ask you to enter your user and password. It will also ask your phone number for the confirmation SMS.
  5. Enjoy!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift norike Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 06:25 PM |#16  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norike

Got it! I was missing the su command to make the emulator rooted.
I also found the jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml file in a slightly different location than where daimyorl said above (but the credits go to him). For me it was into /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/shared_prefs/

Then, the complete instructions that worked for me are:

2. Log into a shell and delete the settings:
    Code:
    su
    delete from setting;
    .quit
  3. Remove jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml
    Code:
    rm /data/data/jp.naver.line.android/shared_prefs/jp.naver.line.android.settings.xml
  4. Open the Line app and it will ask you to enter your user and password. It will also ask your phone number for the confirmation SMS.
  5. Enjoy!

i'm gonna try it tonight.. i really hope it does work cause LINE about backup chat is so so annoying !!
i hope it works, thank you !!!
i'll give u feedback later!
13th March 2014, 11:42 PM |#17  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 46

More
woawwwwwww !!!!!!!! thank you my friend !! IT WORKS !!! now i don't have to copy every single chat backup anymore!!!
thank you!
13th April 2014, 01:31 PM |#18  

More
Question Can I import to a different phone number?
Thanks for the guide. Does this work if I want to import my chat history to a completely different phone number? But I'll still be using the same android phone.
13th April 2014, 02:34 PM |#19  
Flag Girona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lishanshung

Does this work if I want to import my chat history to a completely different phone number? But I'll still be using the same android phone.

I have no idea, but give it a try an tell us what you find!
13th April 2014, 06:09 PM |#20  

More
Thank you ! I was looking for a good way to restore my chats, seems your's is great !
1st May 2014, 12:53 PM |#21  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Unhappy
I made a Chat History full backup to use it on my new phone. I formatted and sold the phone. got a new one, installed line.
I put the LINE_Android-backup-chat-XXXXXXXXX.zip Backup file into Line backup folder (SDCard\LINE_backup)
Booo, no import option there
any help my friends... I need to open this backup even if there is a way to decode it in my Pc it's ok.
I'm not Rooted and all what I have is my LINE_Android-backup-chat-XXXXXXXXX.zip Backup file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)