FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Upgrades and other devices discussion here

38,848 posts
Thanks Meter: 54,263
 
By KennyG123, Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod on 5th September 2013, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2014, 02:20 AM |#11  
mrmartin86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydogger

After the appalling support the S4A has received from Samsung I will be changing to a Google nexus device or HTC. If it weren't for the likes of Spelgelius / Mythi / LeJay I'd be throwing the active in a deep dark river....

I'm lucky in that I get an upgrade every 8 months or so by passing down my phone to my lad, who then passes his to my wife.... Everyone gets a NEW phone... just mines the newest!!

Are you talking support accessory-wise? I mean, it shares many things with the s4 like the battery, and the software just upgraded to 4.4.2, so I'm not sure how that is appalling. The only one "official" accessory I wanted to see was a wireless charging back. Le sigh.
24th April 2014, 02:42 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
I've sent my S4a off to Samsung warranty repair twice now since last June. I purchased the phone the first day it came out at ATT. I also put it on T-Mobile the first day it came out.

Twice now I've had to send mine off to Samsung for the back button that stops working. First they gave me a new replacement phone, and recently they replaced everything but the main circuit board (new screen, bezel, buttons, charge port, etc).

I have less than 2 months left of warranty, so I'm not sure what I'm doing past June. Probably getting an S5 (AKA = S4 Active version 2.0).

I will NOT own this S4 Active without a warranty, it's proven to be a POS.
23rd July 2014, 11:12 PM |#13  
AlternativeWater's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Saipan
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have a question, (I'm sort of a noob) but, I upgraded to Stock 4.4.2 TW XXUCUNE5 and I want to get the custom rom Ressurection Remix 4.4.2, will this brick my device?
Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app
24th July 2014, 03:22 AM |#14  
captaincado's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStroker37

I've sent my S4a off to Samsung warranty repair twice now since last June. I purchased the phone the first day it came out at ATT. I also put it on T-Mobile the first day it came out.

Twice now I've had to send mine off to Samsung for the back button that stops working. First they gave me a new replacement phone, and recently they replaced everything but the main circuit board (new screen, bezel, buttons, charge port, etc).

I have less than 2 months left of warranty, so I'm not sure what I'm doing past June. Probably getting an S5 (AKA = S4 Active version 2.0).

I will NOT own this S4 Active without a warranty, it's proven to be a POS.

I'm on my 4th Active, had a problem with echoes during calls, and that was on the 1st day. Probably going to the G3 or M8....watching the G3 thread for bootloader unlock.
18th September 2014, 03:56 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeWater

I have a question, (I'm sort of a noob) but, I upgraded to Stock 4.4.2 TW XXUCUNE5 and I want to get the custom rom Ressurection Remix 4.4.2, will this brick my device?
Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

Ressurection Remix rom do not officially support S4 Active.

See resurrectionremix.com under list of Devices.

A correct installation of a supported custom rom for your device will not brick your device.
Forcing or installing a custom rom that is not supported for your device can brick your phone.

Since you upgraded to stock 4.4.2 you have now when in download mode Knox flag 0x0.
Any installation of a custom rom on your device will set the Knox flag to 0x1 and is irreversible meaning warranty will be void.
18th September 2014, 06:59 PM |#16  
Member
Flag Bellaire
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I bought mine off ebay, and tbh, I thought I was getting a regular S4. I'm kind of surprised at the lack of support for this phone too for as much as they hyped it as being super awesome. I do like it, though I'd rather have the regular S4. What I *really* want is to be able to run BeanStalk on it (it runs on the other S4 Active, not sure what the distinction is), but I'm holding on to this phone until it dies, hoping to buy a PhoneBloks style phone next.
18th September 2014, 09:16 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 676
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose27

I bought mine off ebay, and tbh, I thought I was getting a regular S4. I'm kind of surprised at the lack of support for this phone too for as much as they hyped it as being super awesome. I do like it, though I'd rather have the regular S4. What I *really* want is to be able to run BeanStalk on it (it runs on the other S4 Active, not sure what the distinction is), but I'm holding on to this phone until it dies, hoping to buy a PhoneBloks style phone next.

The i537, which you have has a locked bootloader and the i9295 does not. What this means is that the bootloader with verify the signature of every zip file that you try to flash, the i9295 does not have this restriction. This means that they are able to flash custom kernels and custom recovery while us on the i537's cannot.

The i537 can flash custom ROMs that are based on the TouchWiz kernel through SafeStrap, however BeanStalk uses a custom kernel which means it cannot be installed you can flash it through SafeStrap and the phone will not boot. The ROM will be looking for a custom kernel and when it cannot find it, it will bootloop.
26th November 2014, 06:47 PM |#18  
AfXv237's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hello,
I've just rooted my S4 Active i9295 with stock firmware 4.4.2 and managed to delete 27 apps that came preinstalled that I've never used such as ChatOn, Samsung apps etc. Are there any other tweaks that can improve my phone's performance? Is there something that especially needs to be deleted or what else should I do next to improve its performances?

Thank you
5th December 2014, 04:28 PM |#19  
Droidilc's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Games lag alot like subway surfer, and even sometimes keyboard too. It has 2GB ram, still dnt understand why. I hve very less apps installed. Reply is theres any solutions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
13th January 2015, 05:46 PM |#20  
spdivr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Question Current state of custom ROMs on S4 Active?
Hello,
I have an AT&T S4 Active, SGH-I537. I have been able to root it, but haven't gone on to put on a custom ROM because the last I heard, the jackwagons at AT&T locked the phone down. But it looks like it is possible to do this now, but I am not sure because the forum posts are not clear. Is this possible?

If so, I am looking for something very fast, light and clean and for all the hardware to work. Is this available?

Thanks for any help!
The Following User Says Thank You to spdivr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spdivr Ad-Free
13th January 2015, 10:42 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 676
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdivr

Hello,
I have an AT&T S4 Active, SGH-I537. I have been able to root it, but haven't gone on to put on a custom ROM because the last I heard, the jackwagons at AT&T locked the phone down. But it looks like it is possible to do this now, but I am not sure because the forum posts are not clear. Is this possible?

If so, I am looking for something very fast, light and clean and for all the hardware to work. Is this available?

Thanks for any help!

You have to use SafeStrap. There are limitations to the types of ROMs you can use, so make sure you read before you do anything.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448942
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Devo7v Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes