[ROM]Liberated Aria 2.2.2

Search This thread

clickclickpc

May 7, 2008
Any new apk's with ATT 2.2.2 versus Liberated FR008?

Just downloaded the 2.2.2 zip and was doing some comparisons between the APK's in it versus those in Liberated FR008. I noticed most of the APK's are different in size. Has anyone seen any major apps from 2.2.2 that differ from those in FR008? Just wondering.

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Has anyone flashed the radio with cm7? Just want to make sure its okay.

Signatures are fancy.

Lord Alekosh

Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, I just did. Not noticing anything different, tbh. It would help if I knew exactly what the benefits/negatives are. But as it is, I don't see anything different.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
What is the difference between liberated and this

Sent from HTC Evo 4G just kidding HTC Aria

This is a rooted, flashable version of the AT&T Aria Froyo 2.2 update that was released this week. This version is running a newer Froyo code base (version 2.2.2) than Liberated FR008 is, but it currently does not have any of the AT&T bloatware removed from it.

This was quickly thrown together so people who currently have rooted system could install it using CWM to evaluate it and it gives you the ability to restore a 'nandroid' backup if you don't like it.

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
So is there something other than the stock kernel in this rom?

Sent from my HTC Aria using XDA App

No, the link posted in the first post has the stock kernel as shipped with the HTC update. It is, however, the same kernel version as the recently released kernel source code from HTC so the recent OC kernels I've built from this source install and run fine with this ROM.

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
Thank you fader01 and Gene; so just curious: if we can extract the contents of the ROM.zip file, could we also modify it to remove all that bloat-ware and restrictions that come with it ?

Certainly. If you wan to open the ZIP file and remove them from system/app/ directory before flashing, that is fine. I've removed a bunch of the stuff already but from clockwork recovery.

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
What is the difference between liberated and this

Sent from HTC Evo 4G just kidding HTC Aria

Liberated as in FR008 or as in R012? ATTN1 built these from stock HTC 2.1 Aria and stock HTC Gratia (2.2) ROMs respectively. This I built from the stock HTC 2.2.2 Aria ROM.

"Liberated" is ATTN1's trademark and perhaps I should have called it something different.

Nutshell69

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks Gene Poole

Downloaded and flashing now -

***UPDATE***

both updated just fine - works as expected - Radio worked too.

Please NOTE: this is an ATT Rom - meaning that you loose the ability to HotSpot/Tether (if that is important to you )

Last edited:

fealloy

Dec 20, 2010
Installed on my phone.
Runs great so far!!

Two qs:
1. Where is the setting for enabling installing non-market apps?
2. Can I get rid of the AT&T apps? I cant find a way tbh

Last edited:

Nutshell69

Nov 1, 2010
Installed on my phone.
Runs great so far!!

Two qs:
1. Where is the setting for enabling installing non-market apps?
2. Can I get rid of the AT&T apps? I cant find a way tbh

Please NOTE: this is an ATT Rom - meaning that you loose the ability to HotSpot/Tether (if that is important to you )
And the ability to install non-market apps and getting rid of the ATT apps.

its an ATT ROM :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Liberated Aria 2.2.2 final

This is a moderately modified version of the stock HTC Aria AT&T Android 2.2.2 ROM. It has root, busybox, ro.secure=0 and some nice root utils (Superuser, etc.) and the stupid AT&T bloat has been removed. It also features a kernel that supports overclocking and has a few other tweaks to make it more efficient. This is a great rooted replacement for the stock ROM if you like HTC Sense, otherwise, Cyanogen has a very good CM7 version for the aria. You might like that better.

At this point in time, it is unlikely that HTC will offer any official updates for Aria. I consider Aria orphaned by HTC and this is probably going to be my last "Liberated" update for the Aria unless some bugs are found in this release.

[update] 11-Jan-2012: No CIQ in this ROM.

http://hoxnet.com/droid/hoxnet_aria_liberated_final.zip
    MD5: 9f94eabd90d08563397bb26d95a859d0

Copy this to your SDCard and install via recovery. All caveats apply: backup with nandroid and titanium first. Delete cache and dalvik. Should install fine over existing data partitions, but it never hurts to have a titanium backup of your market apps to be sure.

Some users are having issues with installing this over an existing FR008 or R012. I have tried it several ways and it has worked for me, but if you get a boot loop, then you will probably have to do a data wipe to get this to work. If you must wipe data, you can use Market apps like MyBackup, Titanium Backup or Astro to backup all your apps to minimize the fallout from a data wipe.
    OP updated. New ROM released.
    New ROM is up (posted in the first post of this thread). Let me know how it works out. This may be the last beta.
    Slight misunderstanding.
    I was saying that what I was experiencing corroborates your post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11737468&postcount=49
    as well as tpbklake's post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11737669&postcount=50

Coming from CM7, I made sure to wipe everything--even did it all 2x b/c of the USB cable thing--and "untrusted sources" and Wireless Tether were options upon first boot! I was aware of the settings patch and the APN thing, but didn't need either.

I should have been clearer about the FCs. They were only on Google Apps, and I now realized, directly as a result of flashing Gapps.

So, something is going on and it can't just be user error. I know all 3 of us have flashed more than a few ROMs and know how to wipe properly.

I'm still confused. What IS happening and what are you expecting to happen?

My first posting of a "liberated" ROM based on HTC 2.2.2 RUU (hoxnet_liberated_hfr001b.zip) was not really anything but a "stock" version that could be applied without the new HBOOT that renders your phone unrootable.

The second (hoxnet_liberated_hfr002b.zip), was more in the "liberated" tradition of ATTN1 whereby AT$T bloat was removed, Settings.apk and framework-res.apk were patched so that tethering and sideloading were supported.

Both would install over existing R012 and/or FR008 or from a clean wipe (but not any of the CM ROMs apparently). If installed over an existing version, all settings and apps are retained. If installed from a clean wipe, 001b would install just like the stock AT$T with sideloading disabled and tethering gimped whereas 002b would "liberate" these options. In the case of 002b, it was found that the Settings.apk fix caused problems with the wifi settings and so I added the patch to replace it with the original Settings.apk. I kept the 002b and the setting patch separate so that one could still install 002b on a data-wiped device and get the "liberated" features, then install the patch to fix the wifi issues. You retain ALL the "liberated" features after installing the settings patch.

With luck, I should be able to work out a 003b sometime that has all the "liberated" functionality but doesn't require the multiple steps.

So if there's any confusion, here's the steps to install this:

1. Upgrading from R012, FR008, or stock rooted 2.1:

a. boot to clockwork recovery
    b. Install hoxnet_liberated_hfr002b.zip
    c. while still in clockwork, install update_settings_apk_222.zip
    d. reboot and have fun.
    2. From a complete data wipe:

a. boot to clockwork recovery
    b. Install hoxnet_liberated_hfr002b.zip
    c. reboot phone and follow all steps in the setup wizard.
    d. reboot to recovery.
    e. install update_settings_apk_222.zip
    f. reboot and have fun.

Edit: updated the first post with this information as well.
    For anyone concerned, here's a flashable zip with the original radio.img as shipped by HTC for the Aria:

http://hoxnet.com/droid/update_HTC_Aria_for_ATT_original_2.1_Radio_Image.zip