FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: who wants to see this device rooted?

yes

108 Vote(s)
99.08%
no

1 Vote(s)
0.92%

GT-B9150 Samsung Homesync *ROOT*

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By erik10002, Senior Member on 24th October 2013, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2014, 06:38 AM |#21  
Flag Halong Bay
Thanks Meter: 890

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tect

Not working on my homesync

Maybe you need install/flash SuperSU or Superuser

5th February 2014, 07:38 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanr Zij

Maybe you need install/flash SuperSU or Superuser

This root method is not working. I tried it back in September. New firmware's also not vulnerable to some other hack methods. In fact you can see my note at the bottom of that page with name "Emre"
5th February 2014, 09:24 AM |#23  
Flag Halong Bay
Thanks Meter: 890

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy

This root method is not working. I tried it back in September. New firmware's also not vulnerable to some other hack methods. In fact you can see my note at the bottom of that page with name "Emre"

Have you try Chainfire method and all other Nexus 10 methods? Homesync has same CPU/GPU with Nexus 10, not S4.
5th February 2014, 06:53 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanr Zij

Have you try Chainfire method and all other Nexus 10 methods? Homesync has same CPU/GPU with Nexus 10, note S4.

With one of the methods (probably chainfire or another recognized developer here), I was able to login as system account, but I was never able to gain root. This was also in an older firmware. Newer firmware don't even let system user to be achieved.
I don't know why SAmsung locked this device so tightly, with a locked bootloader etc. I gave up finally ;( but indeed, a lot of potential is ruined.
7th February 2014, 09:55 AM |#25  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Application view
Does anyone know how to change the application view to sorted by name? I do not seem to find the menu button... By default it is sorted by date and I can't change it.
14th February 2014, 06:22 AM |#26  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkindoll

How does XBMC run on this thing? And does the Homesync Phone Remote Control work within XBMC? Thats the main reason I'm looking to get this device quite honestly.

Thanks a lot.

I am not a fan of XMDC user but I have installed it on my device and seems to be working fine. Everything's working fine with existing UI/Apps built within Samsung Homesync, hence I don't use XMDC. The phone remote control works in every application. It's just like a remote touchpad. I mainly control my homesync with a bluetooth keyboard though (with touchpad), much easier than any other devices.
21st March 2014, 11:24 AM |#27  
Flag Las Piñas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
hello guys, i know this is out of the topic but i cannot find anywhere to ask this,, i just got my homesync yesterday, immeiately i hook it up into my tv,, however i could not set up my device (note3) as administrator. also in the settings of the homesync, my samsung account's auto sync is disable and i could not enable it,, thanks in advance for the answer
23rd March 2014, 11:25 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiel1080p

hello guys, i know this is out of the topic but i cannot find anywhere to ask this,, i just got my homesync yesterday, immeiately i hook it up into my tv,, however i could not set up my device (note3) as administrator. also in the settings of the homesync, my samsung account's auto sync is disable and i could not enable it,, thanks in advance for the answer

Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Guys,

I finally managed to root the Homesync. Here's what I've done.
1) Make sure you're at a firmware like MJ3 or earlier. I tried on ML4 but it did not work on this one.
2) Download "saferoot" from the following link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
3) Then read the following post:
https://github.com/koush/Superuser/issues/196
and download the following supersu update:
http://download.clockworkmod.com/sup.../superuser.zip
4) Extract the newly downloadaed superuser.zip and find the su binary in armeabi folder and the superuser.apk in the root folder of the extracted zip file
5) Copy the new su binary and the superuser.apk to the files directory inside extracted saferoot directory. Replace the existing su and superuser.apk
6) Enable development mode and then usb debugging on Homesync
7) run saferoot, let it do its job

You shall now be rooted. If you want to keep it, don't upgrade to newer firmware. I'll try to see if there's a way to upgrade but still keep root.

PS. All credit goes to k1mu who built the saferoot tool and the discussion in the bug report, and the updated su from Koush.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fastguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fastguy Ad-Free
23rd March 2014, 11:30 AM |#29  
Flag MONTEVRAIN
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Great thanks fastguy !
I'm going to try it now

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk
23rd March 2014, 03:39 PM |#30  
Flag MONTEVRAIN
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up
My HomeSync has been successfully rooted and procedure translated in french for help my friends

23rd March 2014, 04:33 PM |#31  
Flag Las Piñas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy

Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.[COLOR="Silver"]

my firmware is me3, so i need to update this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)