FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

Mango Internet Sharing/Tethering - Omnia 7/Focus Tutorial Added to OP

2,424 posts
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2011, 04:11 AM |#11  
kwill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr

soooo.... anyone with an unlocked rtm mango willing to take a shot at enabling it?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

We could try, but we need the entire regkey. Parameters and such.
 
 
25th August 2011, 04:13 AM |#12  
drkfngthdragnlrd's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwill

We could try, but we need the entire regkey. Parameters and such.

Maybe this will help (found in netcore.7.10.7654.1-7.10.7720.68.cab's RGU);

Quote:

Services\ICS _ IcsService ServiceContex (ICS Connection Sharing disable-value is DWord:4 (DEVFLAGS_NOLOAD); enable value is DWord:12 (DEVFLAGS_LOADLIBRARY|DEVFLAGS_LOAD_AS_USERPROC)



EDIT: From further examination of the RTM update packages. Internet Sharing seems to be in 7712 as well. The netcore.7.10.7712.60-7.10.7720.68.cab doesn't have an RGU & has a few updates to a couple DLL's (icscsp.dll/IcsService.dll/intshare.dll) & the netcore.7.10.7718.66-7.10.7720.68.cab has nothing new added to ICS aka Internet Connection Sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to drkfngthdragnlrd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drkfngthdragnlrd Ad-Free
25th August 2011, 04:42 AM |#13  
drkfngthdragnlrd's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Can someone running Mango RTM 7720 that has TouchXplorer Side Loaded & working as well as the PC USB Enable hack please copy out \Windows\E58CB45D-B3FE-405d-85CF-4D19C2AE80BE.rgu & upload it here? It should be around 15.5 KB in size as the NoDo RGU is 12.5 KB & the 7720 update RGU is 3 KB, which get's added to the existing RGU in \Windows\. You should be able to copy it out as I am running NoDo was able to pull it out with WPDM, but it doesn't work in Mango so you'll need to use TouchXplorer/USB Hack. I might be able to find the exact registry value with this file.
25th August 2011, 04:46 AM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Well if thats true, then maybe we can get access to it via provxml... Just like chevron, dont we?
25th August 2011, 04:47 AM |#15  
Account currently disabled
Flag Zion/Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I posted this in a new thread at PPCG also. no longer is no tethering a deal breaker for those on the edge.
25th August 2011, 05:28 AM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfngthdragnlrd

Can someone running Mango RTM 7720 that has TouchXplorer Side Loaded & working as well as the PC USB Enable hack please copy out \Windows\E58CB45D-B3FE-405d-85CF-4D19C2AE80BE.rgu & upload it here? It should be around 15.5 KB in size as the NoDo RGU is 12.5 KB & the 7720 update RGU is 3 KB, which get's added to the existing RGU in \Windows\. You should be able to copy it out as I am running NoDo was able to pull it out with WPDM, but it doesn't work in Mango so you'll need to use TouchXplorer/USB Hack. I might be able to find the exact registry value with this file.

Can you please explain or post a link on how to do the PC USB Enable hack? I have TouchXplorer running but if I can do the PC USB Enabled hack then I get my \Windows\E58CB45D-B3FE-405d-85CF-4D19C2AE80BE.rgu and upload it here.
25th August 2011, 05:32 AM |#17  
drkfngthdragnlrd's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosepHenry

Can you please explain or post a link on how to do the PC USB Enable hack? I have TouchXplorer running but if I can do the PC USB Enabled hack then I get my \Windows\E58CB45D-B3FE-405d-85CF-4D19C2AE80BE.rgu and upload it here.

See this;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1069568

This tool allows you to access your WP7 in Windows Explorer as a USB Storage device as long as Zune is closed. You need to copy that file to \My Documents\Zune\Content\ with TouchXplorer & than on you PC access the "USB Mode WP7" to copy it to your PC.
25th August 2011, 05:48 AM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
When I do this the only thing I am able to see is just four sub folders. Albums, Artists, Music, and Pictures. Am I doing something wrong?
25th August 2011, 05:51 AM |#19  
drkfngthdragnlrd's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosepHenry

When I do this the only thing I am able to see is just four sub folders. Albums, Artists, Music, and Pictures. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, those are the folder that are on your device under \My Documents\Zune\Content\(# Value)\.
You use TouchXplorer to copy from \Windows\ to \My Documents\Zune\Content\(# Value)\ & than on your PC you'll see it in one of the folders you mentioned.
25th August 2011, 05:56 AM |#20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
So would it show up it copy the file into one of folders with a # value?
25th August 2011, 06:07 AM |#21  
drkfngthdragnlrd's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosepHenry

So would it show up it copy the file into one of folders with a # value?

Yes, it should show up. You go to \Windows\. Select the file, it it highlighted in your accent color. Hit the 3 Dots menu. Hit Copy & than go to \My Documents\Zune\Content\#Value\. Pull up the menu again & hit paste. Than on your PC, you go look through those folder in the USB storage drive & look for the file. I'm not sure what folder it'll be in.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think it has to be in \My Documents\Zune\Content\0400\.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes