Remove All Ads from XDA

Mango Internet Sharing/Tethering - Omnia 7/Focus Tutorial Added to OP

2,424 posts
Thanks Meter: 273

Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2011, 06:24 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I would like to uninstall thetering wi-fi on my samsung omnia 7 ,how can I do it?
Thanks!!!

28th October 2011, 10:29 PM |#562  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 277

Donate to Me
More
Open registry and delete from HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Properties everything except those values that have IPs in them (like 192.something.something.something and similar).
18th November 2011, 09:34 PM |#563  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thanks so much for this :)
Now I can connect my Transformer anywhere you guys rock, I had to wait to get Chevron and now my device is where I want it.
28th November 2011, 01:09 PM |#564  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello, is there a way to enable Internet Sharing on HTC 7 Pro, 7.10.7720.68, open market?
I have Acer Icionia Tab 3G tablet and whenever I want to use Internet on it, I have to move the SIM card from the phone to the tablet and I am already sick of that. I want to share Internet from the phone to the tablet and not to move the SIM card.
6th January 2012, 08:44 PM |#565  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hello,

I have a focus 1.3, tried all the tutorial I found for internet sharing, but once I try to activate it all I get is :
"Internet sharing is not currently available"

No clue what to do :/

I upgrade to 7740 in case it was related, got the latest samsung drivers for mango from the same topic and upgrade my diagnosis app to nogo...

Any idea?

Thanks!
7th January 2012, 03:09 PM |#566  
Flag Moncton
Thanks Meter: 18

More
To Quantum users, and anyone who can help:

Telestra (Australia??) released drivers for the Quantum (C900) that has wireless tethering. However, the update is only available on that carrier, obviously.

You can get the cab from here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1381162

I tried pushing the CAB manually and it did not work, so I changed carrier values to whatever the Telestra values are AND changed my model name from C900B to C900K (there's no hardware differences), however the update still failed to push. So I opened that cab file, and compared it to my carriers Mango drivers (Bell, also found in that thread) and found a lot of files not included in the Bell package, including updated wireless drivers - there is 1 in the Bell cab, 3 in the Telestra cab.

So my next question is, how could we possibly get this update on to work on all Quantum's? Is it possible to create a new CAB with the Telestra drivers and push it to the device?

OR

Could I flash the Telestra mango rom, then install the tethering drivers after that?

Also, I'm getting a second Quantum from a friend (temporary replacement for their Blackberry), so once I do, if no one can try these things prior to then, I'll try them myself.

Thoughts, ideas?
7th January 2012, 03:48 PM |#567  
Thanks Meter: 458

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GUNSHIP

Could I flash the Telestra mango rom, then install the tethering drivers after that?

Also, I'm getting a second Quantum from a friend (temporary replacement for their Blackberry), so once I do, if no one can try these things prior to then, I'll try them myself.

Thoughts, ideas?

I have tried the registry changes to get the LG drivers that were released for Europe a while back with no luck. This is also when we found out that we need the extra cab/driver. I never attempted it passed that and read here that others have tried with no luck.
would be really really cool if that works. Best people to ask are probably Heathcliff, MarvinS and gooddaytodie.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to derausgewanderte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derausgewanderte Ad-Free
3rd February 2012, 12:11 PM |#568  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GUNSHIP

Telestra (Australia??) released drivers for the Quantum (C900) that has wireless tethering. However, the update is only available on that carrier, obviously.

Hi 64GUNSHIP,
I also switched to C900K and now I want to go back go C900B because I'm having trouble installing cabs for some reason. Are you on Bell or maybe Speakout (Rogers)? I want to go back because I'm having trouble installing cabs and updates on C900K while everything was working fine on C900B. Also, I want to backup current provisioning xml and move it back to C900B later.

Have you maybe done this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)