[Recovery] official cwm 6.0.1.9 [update 11/16]

Search This thread

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Removed all my Dropbox links because they disabled my account due to too much traffic, if you guys want them back please consider donating a buck or two for a Mediafire Pro account...
I didn't develop this, just getting the word out that's it's officially available for the Nexus 7. You can either install the "normal" version or touch version from ROM Manager

UPDATE 11/16 new version posted by Koush 6.0.1.9

CWM Regular

CWM Touch

Here is the CWM ZIP by osm0sis:

Touch 6.0.1.9

Regualr 6.0.1.9

You NEED an unlocked bootloader in order to flash this check this thread on how-to unlock/root etc Nexus 7 Toolkit

If you just want to apply an OTA update and you haven't got it, you can do so by booting into CWM without installing it or having root.

first download and save OTA files from OTA 4.1.1 files and save to your /sdcard

then use

./adb reboot bootloader
./fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.9-grouper.img
select install zip from sdcard
toggle signature verification and make sure it's disabled
select the file you downloaded earlier and install
reboot and you will be updated

If you want to have CWM permantly installed, first make sure you have root...use Root Explorer or any other file manager with root access and go to /system and delete recovery-from-boot.p

now use

./adb reboot bootloader
./fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.9-grouper.img
./adb reboot

You now have CWM installed.

I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet, it blows up mid flash etc

Make sure you know how to use ADB and have the SDK installed, you need that in order to do all of the above steps

Also make sure you have the recovery files saved to /sdk/platform-tools and also fastboot.exe has to be there also

Any commands that start with ./ are for linux/osx...just remove those when using windows

Last edited:

mrich137

Nov 8, 2010
Chicago
If you already have CWM or another recovery installed and would like to replace it with 6.0.0.6 Touch, I have packaged this file as a flash able zip file.

Download the zip file from http://db.tt/t13uCIRV and flash in recovery. To test, go to advanced -> reboot recovery and CWM Touch 6.0.0.6 should load up.

** edit 7/21/12**

Here's the zip file for the new touch recovery 6.0.1.0 http://db.tt/pLDeKXEf

Feel free to mirror!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jayfried

Sep 29, 2011
Flashing when I get home thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I flashed this from rom manager and so far have not had any of the problems I have had in some of the interim CWM's like inability to delete back ups or mounting system.

Reactions: JoeM01

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
If you already have CWM or another recovery installed and would like to replace it with 6.0.0.6 Touch, I have packaged this file as a flash able zip file.

Download the zip file from http://db.tt/t13uCIRV and flash in recovery. To test, go to advanced -> reboot recovery and CWM Touch 6.0.0.6 should load up.

hey dude it's 6.0.0.6 not 6.0.6

oops, typo...thanks, I will fix it now :)

JoeM01

Nov 18, 2011
Same here. Flashed via CWM with no issues what so ever. Shocking how much faster backups are now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

BCD90

Apr 18, 2011
Dallas
I am still not able to access recovery from bootloader. Just makes me kinda nervous to soft brick my nexus 7 and not be able to get into recovery to restore.
Any known fix for this?

Thanks

TahrirSquare

Jan 22, 2012
I am still not able to access recovery from bootloader. Just makes me kinda nervous to soft brick my nexus 7 and not be able to get into recovery to restore.
Any known fix for this?

Thanks

It works as long as you're connected to a computer, so you can access recovery from bootloader you just need to be hooked to a computer.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I know right,,,almost seems like it is not doing it right but I have went back to a previous backup and it flashed fine!

Same here. Flashed via CWM with no issues what so ever. Shocking how much faster backups are now!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

If you know how to use ADB you can always fastboot a recovery.img,,,,this thing is almost impossible to truly brick. IN order to get into fastboot just connect to your computer and run adb with these commands

adb reboot bootloader

once in fastboot mode write this

fastboot devices

that will tell you if your device is connected and reading in fastboot mode if it is you will see something like fastboot and some numbers next to it. If nothing you do not have the fastboot drivers installed.

then to fastboot flash a recovery.img write this

fastboot flash recovery r3-recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.0.4-nexus7-modaco.img (or whatever recovery.img you are using or have in your tools folder of you SDK location).

and in order to get right into CWM if you cant boot write this

fastboot boot r3-recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.0.4-nexus7-modaco.img

hope that helps

Any known fix for this?

Thanks

Last edited:

mrich137

Nov 8, 2010
Chicago
Any known fix for this?

Thanks

Did you install the ota after you rooted and installed the recovery? I soft bricked too and I think that was the reason why. Something about the ota overwrote the recovery partition. Best thing to do is download ROM manager and click the first option to flash cwm. Then click the next button to boot into recovery. Then just flash the zip I posted to upgrade to touch.

**edit** just tried to boot into recovery from the boot loader and got stuck at the Google screen too. Holding all three buttons rebooted and started up as normal. Maybe the boot loader boot into recovery is pointing to a different partition for some reason?

Booting into recovery from ROM manager works though. That's how I've been getting in.

Last edited:

BennyJr

Mar 29, 2010
Orlando FL
Can you adb boot into recovery from the bootloader?

Oh and you can't 'adb reboot' in fastboot just hit the power button.

Last edited:

mrich137

Nov 8, 2010
Chicago
The thing is when im in bootloader mode i can not access adb. I have tried this but it will not let me.

Which is correct. You won't be able to do adb commands in the bootloader. The command he asked you to try was a fastboot command, which should work

Reactions: BCD90

ericsch333

Oct 8, 2010
Make sure the drivers are installed had this problem with windows 7 download the naked driver pack and follow the instructions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed all my Dropbox links because they disabled my account due to too much traffic, if you guys want them back please consider donating a buck or two for a Mediafire Pro account...
    I didn't develop this, just getting the word out that's it's officially available for the Nexus 7. You can either install the "normal" version or touch version from ROM Manager

UPDATE 11/16 new version posted by Koush 6.0.1.9

CWM Regular

CWM Touch

Here is the CWM ZIP by osm0sis:

Touch 6.0.1.9

Regualr 6.0.1.9

You NEED an unlocked bootloader in order to flash this check this thread on how-to unlock/root etc Nexus 7 Toolkit

If you just want to apply an OTA update and you haven't got it, you can do so by booting into CWM without installing it or having root.

first download and save OTA files from OTA 4.1.1 files and save to your /sdcard

then use

./adb reboot bootloader
    ./fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.9-grouper.img
    select install zip from sdcard
    toggle signature verification and make sure it's disabled
    select the file you downloaded earlier and install
    reboot and you will be updated

If you want to have CWM permantly installed, first make sure you have root...use Root Explorer or any other file manager with root access and go to /system and delete recovery-from-boot.p

now use

./adb reboot bootloader
    ./fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.9-grouper.img
    ./adb reboot

You now have CWM installed.

I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet, it blows up mid flash etc

Make sure you know how to use ADB and have the SDK installed, you need that in order to do all of the above steps

Also make sure you have the recovery files saved to /sdk/platform-tools and also fastboot.exe has to be there also

Any commands that start with ./ are for linux/osx...just remove those when using windows
    CWM Official 6.0.1.9 Changelog:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/jellybean

Nov 18, 2012 - 6.0.1.9 is the most recent on ROM Manager, fixes bugs related to multi-user sd in JB 4.2+ and dup format MD5 issue, display improvements, reverts a mako hack fix.

(For a more detailed, but unofficial list of other changes between 6.0.1.0 and 6.0.1.9 see my previous changelog.)

Release Info:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/103583939320326217147/posts/CzstapsDpYf & https://plus.google.com/u/0/103583939320326217147/posts/b6cSma5GiSQ

Known Bugs:
    - Backup format (tar/dup) option menu displays options below it from the Backup/Restore, cosmetic only.
    - Sideload does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.

Fastboot Images Download: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager

[Attachments removed due to newer posted build.]

** edit 7/21/12**

Here's the zip file for the new touch recovery 6.0.1.0 http://db.tt/pLDeKXEf

Feel free to mirror!

CWM Official 6.0.2.3 Changelog:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/jellybean

Nov 18, 2012 - 6.0.1.9 is the previous official, fixes bugs related to multi-user sd in JB 4.2+ and dup format MD5 issue, display improvements, reverts a mako hack fix.

Dec 16, 2012 - 6.0.2.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, larger font for 1080p+, backup format is now tar again by default, format choice menu now displays correctly and shows currently chosen format, wipe battery stats option removed, sdcard partition menu fixes, fixes for dedupe and a crash during backup.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs:
    - Sideload does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a battery pull is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
    - Factory reset option may still wipe the /data/.layout_version file, resulting in the /0/0/0 issue; use format data instead. (Need confirmation on this bug).

Fastboot Images Download: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager

[Attachment removed due to newer posted nightly.]