[Q] lg e975 mhl fault

Search This thread

pacemario

Dec 1, 2008
Hello all, mhl connection works fine for few seconds and sometimes even for a minute,but then the screen turns into some sort of burnt like colors and fades to grey from the edges to the centre.i have to keep pressing the power button to switch off. When this problem occurs the signal to the tv goes off. I have tried another e975 but worked fine.anyone has this fault? Maybe its a defect from the main board? Thanks

pacemario

Dec 1, 2008
No, no custom roms, its a stock one. Tv and cable are ok,as i have another optimus g and works ok.. thanks for the reply

yehaa

Mar 13, 2010
somewhere in Saxony-Anhalt
Ok, sorry to hear that. What happens when you go into the service menu: 3845#*975# (in dialer) then scroll down to HDMI Test and select play video? Otherwise try to check "certification env enable" and choose another resolution to test.

pacemario

Dec 1, 2008
Hi, yes with hdmi test, doesn't have any trouble,as the phone is not warm, but when i play youtube,or a video ,the phone gets warmer and it does the fault .the other lg i have gets warm but no faults. Changed the resolution from service menu but still doing it..thanks