[ROM][1st Sep] MIUI v4.1 JellyBean 2.8.31 Update 1 by smokin901

Search This thread

mobilarz85

Mar 7, 2011
My only complaint is the not so good mirrors. I've been trying to download for a half hour.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

smokin901

Yeah. I finally got mirror3 to work.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

What is the best firmware to use for this ROM?

3.32 should be fine however I use 3.33

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

mobilarz85

Mar 7, 2011
I'm having trouble. With every theme I apply, the SMS text box is white as well as the text, So you can't see it. I found a few similar problems online, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do. The only theme I can use right now is the stock theme.

smokin901

I'm having trouble. With every theme I apply, the SMS text box is white as well as the text, So you can't see it. I found a few similar problems online, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do. The only theme I can use right now is the stock theme.

may be theme is not compatible with miui JB. ideally any theme designed for miui v4 should work on miui v4.1 as well

Last edited:
Reactions: mobilarz85

ArionRickAllen

Oct 1, 2009
New to this ROM

I am new to this ROM and really like it. the only aspect that I'm not crazy about it the way it dose not have an app drawer. Is there some way to change that? Also, The Camera really seems to be working funny. I know this is a new ROM and I'm very appreciative of all that it can do. how often do can we expect to see updates? Oh! I need to search the web but I also noticed that my capacitive buttons along the bottom do not come on. Is there an option for that?

smokin901

I am new to this ROM and really like it. the only aspect that I'm not crazy about it the way it dose not have an app drawer. Is there some way to change that? Also, The Camera really seems to be working funny. I know this is a new ROM and I'm very appreciative of all that it can do. how often do can we expect to see updates? Oh! I need to search the web but I also noticed that my capacitive buttons along the bottom do not come on. Is there an option for that?

Miui is updated weekly. So expect update after every Friday or when there is major update in base ROM. You can use any launcher of your choice. Capacitive buttons are acting weird they work but not in low light condition.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

ArionRickAllen

Oct 1, 2009
Thank you for the reply. I really like the ROM... Do you have a recommendation for the camera? I really like the Sense 4 camera. I would also like to see the Sense keyboard with trace. The music app is fantastic. Is there any way to make it more English? I don't mean to sound picky or anything like that! I know these things may already be in the thread.

Oh! I've also noticed that sometimes a reboot returns some defaults like a widget vanishing and I've noticed the wallpaper changed back to default. I lost my wallpaper when connecting the USB to mass storage. It's like it's not saving the data to the phone memory and when it's either rebooted or sdcard mounted for storage it does not keep the setting.

Thank you for such an awesome ROM.

smokin901

Thank you for the reply. I really like the ROM... Do you have a recommendation for the camera? I really like the Sense 4 camera. I would also like to see the Sense keyboard with trace. The music app is fantastic. Is there any way to make it more English? I don't mean to sound picky or anything like that! I know these things may already be in the thread.

Oh! I've also noticed that sometimes a reboot returns some defaults like a widget vanishing and I've noticed the wallpaper changed back to default. I lost my wallpaper when connecting the USB to mass storage. It's like it's not saving the data to the phone memory and when it's either rebooted or sdcard mounted for storage it does not keep the setting.

Thank you for such an awesome ROM.
There is sense keyboard port for non sense roms try searching in android apps.
there is a script in init.d which extracts default theme on first boot but will execute only once after fresh install, may this is causing issue for you
delete /system/etc/init.d/05defaulttheme.
this either could be something very simple to very complex. if this happens anytime in future
open terminal app
and run
logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

after approx. 5-10 mins exit terminal app and send me log.txt

mbangia630

Jul 29, 2009
Change logs for 2.8.31 Update 1
Updated the base to Bruce's 31st Aug build.
Fixed in in call mic mute bug.
Headphone, Headset/Hands-free works (checked with original HTC Hands-free)
Modified the framework to be close to Base as possible.
Fixed Web-browser FC

im new to this, can i update using the updater tool in the rom or do i have to wipe/flash?

ArionRickAllen

Oct 1, 2009
There is sense keyboard port for non sense roms try searching in android apps.
there is a script in init.d which extracts default theme on first boot but will execute only once after fresh install, may this is causing issue for you
delete /system/etc/init.d/05defaulttheme.
this either could be something very simple to very complex. if this happens anytime in future
open terminal app
and run
logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

after approx. 5-10 mins exit terminal app and send me log.txt

Ok! Got it.. Thank you! I'll check out the keyboard and I'll export a logcat for you tonight! Thanks again.

ArionRickAllen

Oct 1, 2009
logcat of voice to text not starting.

When clicking the mic button to leave a voice to text sms, the phone does not activate the voice program and it needs to be paused and restarted for it to work like it should. I included a log cat that was running when this happened.

ArionRickAllen

Oct 1, 2009
you lost me are you talking about voice recorder?

No, sorry, when sending an SMS. If you click the mic key on the keyboard. It brings up the speak now circle with the microphone but does not start taking dictation. It works fine if you tap it to pause it and then tap it again to make it start and it works like it should.

mobilarz85

Mar 7, 2011
Cannot connect to camera.. the regular camera won't even open. I've seen other cam issues, but not this yet. Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Final.gif

This is my first ROM for Sensation. Rom was ported from MIUI JellyBean 2.8.31 for crespo.
    for full change log please visit here http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-8-31-changelog.17910/ of-course not everything applies to sensation/XE/4G

MIUI Base rom is 2.8.31 Crespo JB build from miuiandroid.com
    CM10 base rom is 31st August build

Wokring

• Wifi
    • Camera (Disable HW overlays in Settings->Development if you face Reboot)
    • Audio
    • Calls & data
    • Hardware acceleration (videos need s/w decoder at moment)
    • button lights
    • vibration
    • USB
    • Charging
    • Notification led
    • Sensors
    • Root
    • Headphones (I think it is fixed)
    • Torch
    • Bluetooth
    • Voice input (GNow)
    • Video playback
    • WiFi hotspot
    • In my last test Got battery life of 2d 10 hrs with all the features on and exchange active sync on push mode.
    • Added Ability to disable hardware acceleration for specific application. use HWASettings Read Here and Here
    Not Working
    Front Camera/Video Camera
    Mic Mute During calls (Fixed in Update1)
    report if you find anything else
    DOWNLOAD

Credits

Miuiandroid : Nexus S Rom
    bruce2728 : Base Rom Here
    toryheal : Graphics
    Tamcore : Kernel
    New ROM uploaded I use tamcore's kernel and got 2d+ battery life on Sensation XE battery
    I could create a simple and small language pack based on the Nexus S files. That will work on this rom. If people like that atleast??

I love this rom. So I will do it for myself anyway. And then up it anyway. XD