Wireless Indicator Bug in KFHD 7" Software Version 7.2.3??

Search This thread

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Has anyone else experienced an unusual bug on the Kindle Fire 7" HD 7.2.3 Wireless Indicator? I am using Go Launcher EX and Go Locker - recently I have noticed when I unlock the device from a sleep state, the Wireless Indicator by the battery symbol shows the Wireless Disconnected (x). Then when I go into Wireless, it shows I am indeed connected. Anyone else?

Updated: This is a bug acknowledged from Amazon, please post whatever you have noticed in detail so we can make an attempt to fix the issue. The more detail the better. Also, are Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Models affected by the same bug?

Last edited:
Reactions: bdeatha

cc6r2006

Feb 18, 2009
Has anyone else experienced an unusual bug on the Kindle Fire 7" HD 7.2.3 Wireless Indicator? I am using Go Launcher EX and Go Locker - recently I have noticed when I unlock the device from a sleep state, the Wireless Indicator by the battery symbol shows the Wireless Disconnected (x). Then when I go into Wireless, it shows I am indeed connected. Anyone else?

i do have same problem mate, its disappear somne while and back again, also my gps Indicator as well , dont know why :(

ZilverZurfarn

Feb 11, 2009
Göteborg
Same here on a kfhd 8.9 with latest 8.1.4 update and Apex launcher. Seems more of a "graphics" glitch than anything else, as everything works as it should.

billydroid

Jun 24, 2010
Same thing after I rooted. But mine work actually work. It says connected under settings, but the status bar icon has an X and it won't connect to the internet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Same thing after I rooted. But mine work actually work. It says connected under settings, but the status bar icon has an X and it won't connect to the internet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, that is a new one. There must be a problem with the Kindle, mine shows X no matter what WiFi I am using. The funny part. I am on the internet working fine.

I would dig a little further or remove root and ask Amazon for a replacement Kindle. Any other details?

VbSin

Dec 5, 2012
Firewall

I notice it every time I have Droid Wall running. Could it be a firewall issue?

Byke777

Nov 14, 2012
I pretty sure that's older than 7.2.3.
With 7.2.1 I've encountered similar issues with both of those icons.

But hey, let's hope for a much better 7.2.4 FW :)

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Wireless & GPS Indicator Bug

I pretty sure that's older than 7.2.3.
With 7.2.1 I've encountered similar issues with both of those icons.

But hey, let's hope for a much better 7.2.4 FW :)

Maybe the bug is less intermittent on Software 7.2.2 and 7.2.1

We have several Kindles at the office here and those running

7.2.2 appear fine, Again maybe it is intermittent and we never

noticed it until now. Thank you for the feedback.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up

To All -

We just received a response from the Amazon Software Development Team. They have

acknowledged the bug and plan to post a fix when they release 7.2.4. Software Version

7.2.4 is due to be deployed in the next 60 days. For anyone using our OTA Update

block, please wait for the update to post. Let's fist see what kind of damage it does to

the Kindle, then decide if it is worth it to perform a manual update. We will keep everyone

posted.

Reactions: Gilly10

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD Wireless Indicator Bug

Same here on a kfhd 8.9 with latest 8.1.4 update and Apex launcher. Seems more of a "graphics" glitch than anything else, as everything works as it should.

ZilverZurfarn,

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry we missed your post. You are absolutely correct, it is a Graphics

glitch. Amazon has acknowledged the problem and is deploying a fix when they release the next

version.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire HD Wireless Indicator Bug

Weird , mine only shows an x when I loose internet connection. But not router connection.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

shadowmike,

So your Kindle is functioning as expected and designed. Are you using a Kindle Fire 2 or HD? What is your

software version? This seems to get even more strange as people respond. There is no pattern at

the moment.

DVDYETI

Jul 23, 2010
Mine has the little x in the wifi bar.I usually notice it after waking the Kindle Fire Hd. It seems to go back to normal after a minute or so.
Wifi functions as normal throughout so it's not a problem for me.
Im on 7.2.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Updated: This is a bug acknowledged from Amazon, please post whatever you have noticed in detail so we can make an attempt to fix the issue. The more detail the better. Also, are Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Models affected by the same bug?
    Follow Up

To All -

We just received a response from the Amazon Software Development Team. They have

acknowledged the bug and plan to post a fix when they release 7.2.4. Software Version

7.2.4 is due to be deployed in the next 60 days. For anyone using our OTA Update

block, please wait for the update to post. Let's fist see what kind of damage it does to

the Kindle, then decide if it is worth it to perform a manual update. We will keep everyone

posted.