[SOLVED] [Q] Possibly bricked....

Search This thread

msc125

Apr 24, 2009
Hi,

my battery ran very low (~2%), and I put it in a car charger, and used it for a call. I've heard of car chargers or combination of different cables etc. causing problems, but I think I can rule out a burned out motherboard, as the phone was functioning for the call and a text was sent after.

About 5 min after I took it out of the car charger (got home) I noticed that the capacitive buttons were lit. I tried turning the phone screen on, nothing happened. So I held down the power button for 20 seconds or so, again nothing. Then I held down the power button and volume down, and it went into recovery (twrp)

Not sure why I did this, but I wiped the cache and dalvik cache, and hit reboot system. Now at this point I don't know if the battery died, or if it tried to reboot and didn't work. Either way, it is now dead :(

I have tried the following;
Hold power button, no response
Hold power button, and volume down, no response
Hold power button, volume down and volume up, no response
Left charger plugged in for an hour, no response

There is no led light on when the charger is plugged in

I have tried connecting to a pc, it makes the 'new device connected' sound, and soon after, the disconnect sound. Windows states that the usb device is not recognised.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

msc125

Apr 24, 2009
Forgot to mention I'm on Slimrom 4.2.2 build 8 official

Is it true that the phone can't be charged while in TWRP?

Any help would be appreciated, I need to flash KK!!

msc125

Apr 24, 2009
Shameless bump ;)

I have tried the script to get the phone to charge/ get battery voltage here;

http://www.hackmyandroid.com/comprehensive-guide-on-unbricking-the-htc-one-x/4216

Also, I have read that there could be a script to get the phone to charge, post #4 here mentions that;

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/300271-htc-one-x-will-not-turn.html

Can anyone pls help with this script mentioned in post #4??

I've rooted/ custom rom'd about 9 phones, I can't believe that it can be bricked by losing battery power while in recovery... nothing has ever gone wrong like this, please help!!

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Try unplugging the battery from the motherboard and plugging it back in, if not get a new battery HOX is only about 5 pounds or you can upgrade to a HOX+ battery for about 20 pounds.

msc125

Apr 24, 2009
tried charging overnight ~12 hrs, no joy, but thanks

I have it opened up now, so might try disonnecting and re-connecting battery, thanks

I have been speaking to the team at TWRP on irc chat. Somebody suggested to strip USB cable back and connect bare wires to terminals of battery to see if it will charge. Will this cause problems as USB is ~5v and the battery is 3.7v??

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
tried charging overnight ~12 hrs, no joy, but thanks

I have it opened up now, so might try disonnecting and re-connecting battery, thanks

I have been speaking to the team at TWRP on irc chat. Somebody suggested to strip USB cable back and connect bare wires to terminals of battery to see if it will charge. Will this cause problems as USB is ~5v and the battery is 3.7v??

I wouldn't risk the USB thing. You might as well get a new battery. I have a spare HOX+ battery which is 2040mah bigger than the HOX, I could sell that to you for a cheaper price than everyone elses.

msc125

Apr 24, 2009
I have since replaced the battery, and also a new power flex cable (that I broke during disassembly!) and something has changed at least......

Beforehand, Windows did not recognise the device at all, sometimes the 'USB device not recognised' dialogue box wouldn't even appear, although it would make a sound

Anyway, now it says that it's not recognised, but in Device Manager, it says it is a APX device (before it was an unknown device)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Stefan0vic

May 16, 2013
Apex mode unfixable with software I'm afraid... Needs a new main board

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app