20th March 2015, 09:18 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can't wait to test this...
21st March 2015, 05:55 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Talking Yay! Long live the S3!
Wow, it's amazing to see some people who are keen to work on new projects for this strong old device. The S3 may not be new at all, especially with the S6 just released, but it's not in the slightest showing it's age. I'm looking forward to some more "stable" releases of this!

Long live the S3!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamboozlez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jamboozlez Ad-Free
22nd March 2015, 01:06 PM |#65  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 342

Donate to Me
More
Today will be a github with all sources for Ubuntu touch. Also a tutorial. The kernel defconfig will be released too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to astronfestmon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astronfestmon Ad-Free
22nd March 2015, 06:36 PM |#66  
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Hi there all!

Here it goes the compiling insructions build. I did not fixed yet the otapackage form but as images like fastboot are compliant.

If there is anyone can help me may my guest. Trying to seek out the issue surrounding the otapackage make.

Code:
sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip bzr curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
  libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
  python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386 schedtool \
  g++-4.8-multilib

sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk lzop abootimg

sudo apt-get install android-tools-*

git config --global user.email "email address"
git config --global user.mail "name"

mkdir ~/ubuntu
phablet-dev-bootstrap  -c ~/ubuntu

cd ~/ubuntu

git clone https://github.com/vic3t3chn0/android_device_samsung_i9300.git device/samsung/i9300

git clone https://github.com/vic3t3chn0/ubuntu_smdk4412_kernel.git kernel/samsung/smdk4412

source build/envsetup.sh

lunch aosp_i9300-userdebug

make (make otapackage on my side crashes after ota zip creation)
Everyone have to get the vendor samsung and smdk4412-common and for last aokp i9300 hardware/samsung.

I hope this will help for now.

Cheers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astronfestmon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astronfestmon Ad-Free
24th March 2015, 06:22 PM |#67  

More
Thanks for this guide.

I tried to adapt it for my Galaxy S4 jfltexx.
But im stuck with an error. Can somebody help me?

Code:
target thumb C++: copybit.msm8960 <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libcopybit/copybit_c2d.cpp
target thumb C++: libmemalloc <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp
target thumb C++: libmemalloc <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp
hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libcopybit/copybit_c2d.cpp:34:28: fatal error: linux/msm_kgsl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/srv/gitlab/working_dir/ubuntu-touch/phablet/out/target/product/jfltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/copybit.msm8960_intermediates/copybit_c2d.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libgralloc/ionalloc.cpp:38:0:
hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:27: fatal error: linux/msm_ion.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/srv/gitlab/working_dir/ubuntu-touch/phablet/out/target/product/jfltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/ionalloc.o] Error 1
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp:36:0:
hardware/qcom/display/msm8960/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:27: fatal error: linux/msm_ion.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/srv/gitlab/working_dir/ubuntu-touch/phablet/out/target/product/jfltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/alloc_controller.o] Error 1
make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
The searched file is present in kernel/samsung/jf/include/linux. Where do i have to define this path as TARGET_DEVICE_HEADER_FILES or is there another way to solve this?

Thanks,
24th March 2015, 09:56 PM |#68  
Flag Rouen
Thanks Meter: 6

More
astronfestmon -> I will help you as soon as i can, i'll tell you by PM when i'll do
24th March 2015, 11:04 PM |#69  
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Try to do that on /home/$user not /srv folder probably directory permissions write read
26th March 2015, 01:55 PM |#70  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronfestmon

Try to do that on /home/$user not /srv folder probably directory permissions write read

Thanks for your answer. I still get an error that a file linux/<c header file> is missing. The file itself is present and the error occurs with several files. I googled for a while but i couldnt find a solution.

Maybe someone can help?

Thanks!
26th March 2015, 09:43 PM |#71  
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Send me a pm with the error. I will help you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)