[ROM] KEBBERSROM_SHELLSHOCK_V1.4 (Mar 8 2013) 4.0.4

Search This thread

droidxxxxx

Oct 2, 2012
Pensacola
Moto G Stylus 5G
Wow..this is awesome..looks and runs great..will do field testing at work tomorrow..will test the HDMI and Bluetooth as well..thanks so much for this..:)

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Wow..this is awesome..looks and runs great..will do field testing at work tomorrow..will test the HDMI and Bluetooth as well..thanks so much for this..:)

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Bluetooth works for streaming audio to my bluetooth stereo at home with this ROM. I use tune in radio

Sent from my A100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: droidxxxxx

plznote

Jun 1, 2011
Working great so far, the tab crashes while running Chrome about 1-2 times a week, requiring a hard reboot. Do you have the same problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

pulsarone

Apr 24, 2009
Je viens d'installer cette rom ce matin pour donner à mon ACER A100 un "coup de jeune" et bien c'est réussi !

- Système très fluide et bien plus rapide qu'avec mon ancienne ROM (Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1)
- Des touches très pratiques et qui facilite la vie
- Un démarrage de tablette ultra rapide
- L'application francaise CANALPLUS-TOUCH qui ne bug plus !!! Les images (tv) sont fluide et claire c'est super !!!
- La possibilité de modifier vos raccourcis
- L'ensemble des jeux testés fonctionnent sans soucis (dans la limite des capacité de notre tablette)
- Un bug sur le market durant les mises à jour (ou telechargement) ça clignote sur la partie en bas à droite (systray?) mais en aucun cas gênant
- Un autre souci sur le market : certaines applications (gps mappy free) qui indique "non disponible pour votre version" <= Il faut simplement modifier le build.prop
- Le widget control de l'application (pour la luminosité) ne fonctionne pas, les autres sont controlés parfaitement.
- J'ai testé le GPS : 100% fonctionnel avec 8 apps différentes
- J'ai testé la vidéo : 100% fonctionnel et fluide (avi/mp4/mkv etc)
- J'ai testé la photo/vidéo : 100% fonctionnel 34 photos/3 vidéos d'essai (intérieur/exterieur)
- J'ai testé la navigation : Aucun décrochage wifi et aucun bug

Bref cette rom je vous la conseil et MERCI AU CREATEUR !!!! :good:

===================================================================================================
I just installed this rom this morning to give my ACER A100 a "facelift" and what is it!

- Very fluid system and much faster than my old ROM (Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1)
- The keys handy and makes life easier
- An ultra-fast startup tablet
- The application-TOUCH French CanalPlus that bug more! Images (tv) are fluid and clear it's great!
- The ability to edit your shortcuts
- All games tested work without worries (within the limits of our capacity tray)
- A bug on the market for updates (or download) it flashes on the bottom right (systray?) But not annoying
- Another concern on the market: some applications (mappy gps free) that says " not available for your version [/ I]" <= Simply edit the build.prop
- The widget control of the application (for brightness) does not work, the others are perfectly controlled.
- I tested the GPS 100% functional with 8 different apps
- I tested the video 100% functional fluid (avi/mp4/mkv etc.)
- I tested the photo / video 100% functional 34 photos / videos 3 test (indoor / outdoor)
- I tested the navigation: No wifi and no stall bug

In short this rom you advice and I THANK THE CREATOR! [/ B

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Thanks for the kind words.

In terms of the widget control for brightness, is this a widget that you use on the homescreen? I'm asking because there is a brightness control when you open the notification bar (which can be done anywhere at any time) there is a brightness setting.

I'm also not too sure what you mean about the market bug. Could you explain in more detail what you mean by it? I'm asking because I want to make sure this ROM works 100%

chiikko561

May 27, 2010
WEST PALM BEACH
Going try this ROM now I have not had an a100 in about six months and I don't know. what my luck is to end up with another but here I am I want to test it all lol

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk HD

pulsarone

Apr 24, 2009
Ta ROM est 100% fonctionnel et il s'agit juste d'une particularité lorsque l'on se trouve a télécharger ou mettre a jour sur le GooglePlay, j'ai fais une vidéo mais que je ne peux pas poster ici, je te l'envoi en MP si cela est possible.

J'ai également le (petit) défaut de l'anneau qui se déplace automatiquement vers la droite au premier appui, mais tout ceci est très minime en rapport avec la qualité de l'ensemble de la ROM

Effectivement, j'avais mis un widget pour controler luminosité, réseau etc mais le raccourci en bas à droite de l'écran d'accueil fait déjà tout ça, superbe !!!

==========================================================================================================

Your ROM is 100% functional and it is just a feature when one is a download or update the GooglePlay, I made a video but I can not post here, I l sending in MP if possible.

I also have the (small) default ring ICS automatically moves to the right at the first support, but this is very small in relation to the quality of the entire ROM

Indeed, I put a widget to control brightness, network etc. but the shortcut at the bottom right of the home screen is already everything, superb!

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
No worries about the english. I appreciate you posting up the Google Translation. Maybe you can post the video to youtube so I can have a look at it?

nsmith4

Nov 8, 2011
This is a great rom, good job its nice to see another person who can dev here. I've been using it for about a week and had no issues. Noticed one small thing, face unlock doesn't work says it can't start. I never use it just noticed it when I was messing around. Thanks for the rom.

pulsarone

Apr 24, 2009
I try to post a link, but this forum doesn't accept my kink here and private :(

This is on youtube my channel
Code:
youtu.be/8Cp2PzEVNtw
<== maybe like this ?

Reactions: hardslog

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Yea I see what you mean now. It does that on the original as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it though because it doesn't cause any issues. Some ROMS just seem to have it and some don't.

pulsarone

Apr 24, 2009
Bonsoir, dans tous les cas et après une utilisation de 6 journées intensives on peut aussi constater que ta ROM est en plus idéal pour la batterie avec une trés faible consommation. Ca reste le must que j'ai essayé jusqu'ici. et j'en ai testé !

Bon boulot et encore merci ! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, in all cases and after 6 days of intensive use can also see that your ROM is most ideal for battery with a very low power consumption. It is a must that I have tried so far. and I have tested!

Good job and thank you ! :)

The frenchy happy ;)

Reactions: pio_masaki

Bobw55

Now that my warranty is up I am ready to take the plunge. About time to make my A100 be all that it can be. I really like what I have read about this ROM.
But I do have one question , does this include any ability to put apps on External SD card, or at least make it so an app like "App2SD" to work.
Can't wait to get rid of all the bloat ware and bloat widgets.

Thank you for your time and all the others who have taken time to make great ROMs for us that are clueless.

Bob

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Now that my warranty is up I am ready to take the plunge. About time to make my A100 be all that it can be. I really like what I have read about this ROM.
But I do have one question , does this include any ability to put apps on External SD card, or at least make it so an app like "App2SD" to work.
Can't wait to get rid of all the bloat ware and bloat widgets.

Thank you for your time and all the others who have taken time to make great ROMs for us that are clueless.

Bob

There is something like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1422158 - something I have not tried though.

Or you can try the app in Google Play called GL to SD(root).

Keep in mind that I have never tried them before, so cannot confirm whether or not they work.

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
This actually isn't CM9. It's a Stock based ROM based on bits and pieces from the A500 and A700

Reactions: Bobw55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Find the download HERE

V1.3 can be found here

Please note: I am NOT the original creator of this ROM, this ROM was originally made by Civato, and as a result, he deserves all the credit for it. All I did was modify a few things in order to make it work and display a little better on our A100.

The original ROM was called RE-FLEXxx-ShellSHOCK and is based on This thread . If you happen to like this ROM make sure you hit up his thanks button, or better yet, send him a donation.

Some Features:

- Bits and pieces taken from Android 4.0.4 and 4.1 (mainly based on 4.0.4) off of ROMS from the Acer A500 and A700.
    - Boatloads of scripts and tweaks for performance
    - Acer features like the Acer Ring (WIP), Acer Print, and Dolby Mobile
    - Most of the bloatware removed
    - godmachine kernel pre-overclocked at 1.2GHZ. If you want to change that you will need an app for it.
    - Google Now with functional TTS for other apps
    - nice and fancy notification screen (taken from the A700)
    - lots more
    - Capacitive home button now launches google now or long press for Google Voice Search
    -modified font and softkeys for unique UI
    -Awesome BEATS
    -Entropy Seeder 2.0
    -LMT launcher (sort of like PIE for Paranoid Android)

For more information, you can check out his thread for his A500 here. Keep in mind that the more updates I do, the more it differs from that thread

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible if this borks your system! Remember the risks of flashing custom ROMS!

Instructions:
    Make sure you do a FULL NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING
    Also make sure you do a COMPLETE WIPE (Data/Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and format flexrom)
    Install ZIP from your SD card (or wherever you downloaded it to)
    Reboot!

BUGS/QUIRKS:

1) Although the lockscreen is 100% functional, you might notice that it looks a little funny when swiping to unlock.
    2) It has come to my attention that headset microphones don't work on this ROM. I don't know if it is as of the last update or it has been a persistent issue. A way to temporary solve this is to download an app from the Play store called "soundabout" In this app, there is an option where you can force the microphone to work from the device, even when a headset is plugged in.

If there is anything else, please let me know!

One other thing I would like to note, is that it seems that the "touchscreen issue" is much less apparent with this ROM. Perhaps some people who commonly have that problem can provide feedback on this.

A BIG FAT THANKS TO CIVATO!

Also thanks to:
    atticus182
    ezterry
    linuxsociety
    randomblame
    pio_masaki
    knzo
    jader13254
    ZeroNull
    Xeudoxus
    sanixk
    nikosrs4
    cajunflavoredbob
    ...Awesome...
    lambgx02
    -noname81 - for the LMT launcher - http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1330150

EXTRAS

I have created some CWM zips to change the behaviour of the capacitive home button. You can find them Here.

One more thing. If you want to run the Entropy Seeder then open up the app Terminal Emulator then type:
    su
    seeder
    that will give you 4 options for turning it on or off etc.
    Fine then I will!

Attached are CWM zips for capacitive home button. I think they are fairly self-explanatory. One will make it the home button that it is meant for, one will disable it for those who don't like it, and the third will allow it to launch Google Now, as per this ROM's default.

All you need to do is download them, place them onto your device and then flash with CWM. There is no need to wipe anything before flashing. Just flash and reboot. I tested them all and they are working fine for me. You might want to do a backup first though, just to be on the safe side.
    Update: Kebbersrom_shellshock v1.2

January 11 2102 - V1.2
    -Changed softkey nav icons and acer ring icon
    -added Apps: Supernote, 3D photo browser
    -removed facelock (wasn't working)
    -Changed font

See OP for link.
    CHANGELOG

March 8 2013
    -removed Goog+ to free some space
    -removed acer clock widget (ugly)
    -removed some not needed lib files
    -removed quickboot
    -Add LMT - Launcher
    -Add TiBU
    -fixed font display

February 4 2013
    -Changed softkey nav icons back to original
    -removed Asus taskmanager widget
    -added terminal emulator app
    -added AWESOME BEATS
    -Added Entropy seeder (supposed to help reduce lag when gaming/multi-tasking)

January 11 2102 - V1.2
    -Changed softkey nav icons and acer ring icon
    -added Apps: Supernote, 3D photo browser
    -removed facelock (wasn't working)
    -Changed font

December 20 2012 - V1.1
    -Fixed the layout of the Acer Ring (thanks to Civato's suggestions)
    -Fixed the camera upside down issue (again thanks to Civato for the file)
    -Changed the capacitive home screen to launch either Google Now (short press) or Google Voice Search (Long press)

December 11 2012 - V1.0
    Initial Release
    Bug report: front facing camera is inverted.

Download attachment and flash with cwm.

@ Hardslog , if this works just extract the patch and put the lib file in the rom ; system/lib