FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][TEMPLATE] AnyKernel3 - Easily Mod ROM Ramdisk + Pack Image.gz [Flashable Zip]

13,739 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,450

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 5th March 2014, 03:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2014, 01:21 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Github updated with my own forked native compiles of mkbootimg+unpackbootimg.

This should expand AnyKernel 2.0 device support a lot by using all the available offsets in mkbootimg, as exported by my drastically updated unpackbootimg.
9th April 2014, 08:36 PM |#13  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Github updated with my own forked native compiles of mkbootimg+unpackbootimg.

This should expand AnyKernel 2.0 device support a lot by using all the available offsets in mkbootimg, as exported by my drastically updated unpackbootimg.

Hi osm0sis,

Have You update anykernel 2.0 to work with cyanogen11 roms ? Thanks for Your hard work !
The Following User Says Thank You to Alkemix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alkemix Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 08:45 PM |#14  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Should already?

It uses the ROM kernel ramdisk like AnyKernel always has. Your custom kernel dev just needs to use it. Spread the word.
9th April 2014, 09:10 PM |#15  
Flag Italy

More
Quote:

Should already?

It uses the ROM kernel ramdisk like AnyKernel always has. Your custom kernel dev just needs to use it. Spread the word.

Recently I had used Your method on Cyano11 but boot stopped on "Google".. new Cyano11 (that required ramdisk changes) had just come out and maybe anykernel 2.0 was not ready yet (I had just discovered your brillant work on It ! : Dita incrociate.

I'll try again ... if I have trouble going to ask you for help ...

I am already spreading the word : Cool:

Thanks man : Good:
The Following User Says Thank You to Alkemix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alkemix Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 09:13 PM |#16  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
What custom kernel were you trying to adapt to AnyKernel so you could flash it on CM?
9th April 2014, 09:32 PM |#17  
Flag Italy

More
Quote:

What custom kernel were you trying to adapt to AnyKernel so you could flash it on CM?

Two kernels... My custom kernel (from cyanogenmod sources) and recently Fancy kernel (dirty-fancy)... now I want to try Fancy Kernel .. I need of a hibryd ramdisk for best final results and Your project is perfect for It !!! You're a genius !!!

Please, Can You link me Your dirty-V kernel re-pack by Anykernel 2.0 ? So I can follow It as an example. Thanks a lot...
9th April 2014, 11:08 PM |#18  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
So if I understand you, you're trying to make an AnyKernel 2.0 of Fancy Kernel so that you can flash it on any ROM for your device?

Should be doable. The DirtyV AnyKernel 2.0 is the example posted to the GitHub repo in the OP. Just follow the instructions to make your own anykernel script so that it will add the /sbin/ scripts and other ramdisk modifications (init.d, etc.) that @boype uses, instead of the DirtyV ones.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 10:51 AM |#19  
Flag Italy

More
Quote:

So if I understand you, you're trying to make an AnyKernel 2.0 of Fancy Kernel so that you can flash it on any ROM for your device?

Should be doable. The DirtyV AnyKernel 2.0 is the example posted to the GitHub repo in the OP. Just follow the instructions to make your own anykernel script so that it will add the /sbin/ scripts and other ramdisk modifications (init.d, etc.) that @boype uses, instead of the DirtyV ones.

Good luck!

Yes !

osm0sis ? If I want include init.rc original file by "real" ramdisk can I copy It as is into patch folder ?
10th April 2014, 05:13 PM |#20  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
It would go against the idea of AnyKernel to include the file like that. Remember, everything automatically comes from the original ramdisk, I just give you the ability to alter those files to add tweaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 11:51 PM |#21  
Flag Italy

More
Quote:

It would go against the idea of AnyKernel to include the file like that. Remember, everything automatically comes from the original ramdisk, I just give you the ability to alter those files to add tweaks.

I've applied new anykernel 2.0 ramdisk and It works great also on cyano11. Now I I will carry out some changes ...

Thanks a lot, osm0sis, perfect job!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anykernel, flashable zip, kernel, scripting, template

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)