More
Alright thanks.
20th June 2008, 10:14 PM |#102  
Santa Barbara
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Restore
GC,

Out of curiosity to the process. How would one rollback to the previous drivers and settings? For the sake of nerdiness could you explain?
20th June 2008, 10:42 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Well...not sure why you'd want to do that...but you have to load up QPST Service Programming again. Click Load from file and select the backup you made during the tutorial. Then...Write to Phone, close, and soft reset.
20th June 2008, 11:09 PM |#104  
Santa Barbara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14

Well...not sure why you'd want to do that...but you have to load up QPST Service Programming again. Click Load from file and select the backup you made during the tutorial. Then...Write to Phone, close, and soft reset.

Good to know. Nice to know I can be sure I can make a decision based on a solid comparison.
21st June 2008, 01:36 AM |#105  

More
Yeah I did that testing the differences. I think I picked up some more sats, but it's hard to tell.

One thing to remember: I first backed-up my phone (this is a replacement) before I did the *228 thing. Then when reversed it (after *228) I needed to redo the programming. Makes sense when you think about it. There shouldn't be any problems if your phone was already activated.
21st June 2008, 01:38 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
lol are you people still thinking this fix does nothing? come on now....
21st June 2008, 01:59 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

lol are you people still thinking this fix does nothing? come on now....

I can verify it does something. Sitting on my couch, where I could NEVER get a lock, it gets one in about 30 seconds. Verified before and after the fix. This is the only place in my house I couldnt get a lock and now I can do so consistantly. I'm running n2c 5067 kitchen with the 3.39.10 radio. Out in the open it seems to give me higher signal bars for the sats I do lock on and possibly speeds up the lock by about 15 seconds (from the 30-90 I was taking before).

edit: Oh, I'm using GPSTest to make the comparisons. I do use the HTC QuickGPS to d/l the sat data and have done the reg edit required for it to work.
21st June 2008, 02:26 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Any of you ever use the HTC GPS Tool? I came across it recently and it proved my theory I had from way back when the GPS roms first came out that there IS indeed a cache on the gpsOne chip. It functions the exact same way as Holux GPS Viewer except it has more debug and dev features AND it has four starts as opposed to GPS Viewer's three (Hot, Warm, Cold). Can you guess what the fourth one is? It's "Clear Memory". I'll never go back to GPS Viewer. When I prime my GPS with HTC GPS Tool, I always use Clear Memory, which I believe (not having done any real research) functions the exact same way as Cold Start, but clears the cache first.
21st June 2008, 03:46 AM |#109  
Santa Barbara

More
Quote:

Any of you ever use the HTC GPS Tool? I came across it recently and it proved my theory I had from way back when the GPS roms first came out that there IS indeed a cache on the gpsOne chip. It functions the exact same way as Holux GPS Viewer except it has more debug and dev features AND it has four starts as opposed to GPS Viewer's three (Hot, Warm, Cold). Can you guess what the fourth one is? It's "Clear Memory". I'll never go back to GPS Viewer. When I prime my GPS with HTC GPS Tool, I always use Clear Memory, which I believe (not having done any real research) functions the exact same way as Cold Start, but clears the cache first.

Here you go...

Got it from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360477

edit: just used this and I got more sats with that than any other from my couch (before fix, I never saw but one). These two together are the best I've seen. Thanks GC.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Nadavi_HTC_GPS_TOOL.cab - [Click for QR Code] (275.2 KB, 82 views)
21st June 2008, 04:06 AM |#110  
Quote:

why is this such a benefit that would make you use this over GPS Viewer?
I'm asking because i really don't know, but would like to; not to try and flame you.. so if you could barney it down a bit, i'd appreciate it ...
i'm a huge fan of GPS Viewer, so if something else does it better, i'm all ears..
21st June 2008, 05:01 AM |#111  

More
does visualgpsce do the same thing?

I have version 1.2.106 from www.visualgps.net

????
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread