By gc14, Senior Member on 17th June 2008, 07:09 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
17th June 2008, 11:54 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

I used the fix for SPB Pocket Plus that would make the Dialer continually pop up by installing a similar dialer I downloaded. (fixes the problem).

Should I proceed to reinstall the Cab from Verizon, or entirely discontinue the process?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is not content with the GPS mode...from a cold start, 10 minutes can be average.

Whatever dialer or dialer fix you're using is preventing ## codes. You need to go back to the stock dialer you installed from the kitchen, then reinstall the carrier cab. After that, start over. (You don't have to reinstall the wmodem drivers or qpst)
18th June 2008, 12:25 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Will we need to redo this process after a flash or hard reset, or do changes stick?

Ivan
18th June 2008, 12:55 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Verizon 6900 Results
I performed the fix on my 6900 and it seemed to get locks quicker after a few soft resets. Not sure if it's placebo yet but will let it run for a few days.

I'm also seeing more sats locked. Not sure the why, but I was normally seeing 5-6 at my desk and I'm seeing 8 now.
18th June 2008, 12:57 AM |#14  

More
thanks I may try this when a working PC comes back...
But what exactly does this change on the phone?
Also is it possible that settings from a Sprint phone (PDE and all) could be mirrored into QPST for a Verizon phone?
18th June 2008, 01:00 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I did this fix before I flashed to 3.1.6. After flashing, I connected it to check, and all the boxes are still checked.

So I believe it survives a flash
18th June 2008, 02:23 AM |#16  

More
Great Job guys! GPS is locking on in under 10s now it seems!
18th June 2008, 03:23 AM |#17  
Flag Morrisville, NY

More
Doesn't seem to do much for me, the lock isn't any quicker. By, the way, to get into DMR mode without the keycodes look for DM-Router in the windows directory.
18th June 2008, 03:37 AM |#18  

More
not much luck. still took almost 1.5 minutes. I'm not concerned but I'm going to check it again in a while just too see if i can get a faster lock later on tonight

Thanks for the work and continued support for this community

verizon 6800
18th June 2008, 08:16 AM |#19  
Flag Akron

More
thanks sooo much gc14 and dcd. you guys are great!

i was the one who started the original thread about this issue, and this fix has helped tremendously! it still took about ~1.5 minutes, but it was a bit cloudy and it was the first lock since upgrading to dcd 3.1.6.

awesome work though! i can't wait till verizon gets some gps servers up and running (i have a friend that works fro verizon and he swears that verizon is releasing their official rom soon, w/ gps enabled so i'd assume their launching some sort of gps server. who knows though, verizon makes lot of promises). we can only hope!

as of now, this fix works just fine for me, so thank you both very much!
18th June 2008, 11:31 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Talking GREAT!
Wow man this was an excellent fix for the gps.. when i used the HTC GPS tool, it took maybe minute or more to lock with GPSMODE=4, with this fix, it also took about a minute still.. So i changed GPSMODE back to 2 and did a softreset... wow, it locked like in 10 sec.. never before in my house it did that!! one up for this fix!

Rom: no2chem 5067 kitchen
radio: 3.39
18th June 2008, 03:59 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Fix Works for Me
It seems the fix works for my 6800, as I am now getting SAT locks within a minute using Google Maps as my test. I followed the same priming steps too.

This is inside my home next to a window, where in the past it would take 5-10 minutes to lock.

Steve
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread