1,812 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By gc14, Senior Member on 17th June 2008, 07:09 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
18th June 2008, 03:59 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Fix Works for Me
It seems the fix works for my 6800, as I am now getting SAT locks within a minute using Google Maps as my test. I followed the same priming steps too.

This is inside my home next to a window, where in the past it would take 5-10 minutes to lock.

Steve
18th June 2008, 05:06 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Awesome guys...I'm glad it's working out for most people.

I should also note that you only have to do this one time. It will remain through flashes of both rom and radio.
18th June 2008, 05:49 PM |#23  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjokeer

Wow man this was an excellent fix for the gps.. when i used the HTC GPS tool, it took maybe minute or more to lock with GPSMODE=4, with this fix, it also took about a minute still.. So i changed GPSMODE back to 2 and did a softreset... wow, it locked like in 10 sec.. never before in my house it did that!! one up for this fix!

Rom: no2chem 5067 kitchen
radio: 3.39

oh yeah, you raise a good point. if people still have crappy fix times after this, they should change that key back to its default =2.

90 seconds is about average/working normally for an initial lock in standalone mode.
18th June 2008, 05:58 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
dcd you able to get on aim...gotta talk to you about a few things...
18th June 2008, 06:32 PM |#25  
Flag Shelby Township, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works great!
I had similar success to surfbored from first page of this thread. Tom Tom is now locking almost instantly - as soon as the No GPS message goes away - almost instant lock. That never happened before.

I'm using Verizon, DCD 3.0.1 - ran through the procedure just as published and everything was ducky.

Thanks again!
18th June 2008, 06:49 PM |#26  

More
i feel stupid for asking this and i'm sorry. i just reflashed to DCD 3.1.6 and now can't find my Quick GPS tab. Before i went through the wiki of installing the GPS fix that gc14 has available, i wanted to try GPS on 3.1.6 with Quick GPS as my primer first. I've searched this forum, googled it, etc. and kind find the Quick GPS cab.

Can anyone post that for me, or bettet yet, if any of you like a better gps primer, feel free to let mek now. I know there are several out there and quick gps worked for me when using 3.0.4, and i'm curious to try it with 3.1.6.

thanks guys.
18th June 2008, 07:17 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Quote:

i feel stupid for asking this and i'm sorry. i just reflashed to DCD 3.1.6 and now can't find my Quick GPS tab. Before i went through the wiki of installing the GPS fix that gc14 has available, i wanted to try GPS on 3.1.6 with Quick GPS as my primer first. I've searched this forum, googled it, etc. and kind find the Quick GPS cab.

Can anyone post that for me, or bettet yet, if any of you like a better gps primer, feel free to let mek now. I know there are several out there and quick gps worked for me when using 3.0.4, and i'm curious to try it with 3.1.6.

thanks guys.

QuickGPS is not a primer. It's a tool that downloads information about the sats to help you acquire a lock faster.

Primers include software such as GPSViewer, BAF's GPS Toggle, and AstroGPSLauncher.

Here's the cab anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC QuickGPS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (246.8 KB, 208 views)
18th June 2008, 07:27 PM |#28  

More
thanks man. congrats on your celtics by the way. i love the lakers and Kobe, but the Green Machine had his number.

I used quick gps with 3.0.4 and it worked in seconds. do you think i need a primer with the current radio and rom instead? i thought quick gps was a primer, but guess i should have known better.
18th June 2008, 07:32 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Quote:

thanks man. congrats on your celtics by the way. i love the lakers and Kobe, but the Green Machine had his number.

I used quick gps with 3.0.4 and it worked in seconds. do you think i need a primer with the current radio and rom instead? i thought quick gps was a primer, but guess i should have known better.

Yeah man DEFINITELY felt good bringing home #17 considering I was only 4 the last time they won a championship. Last night was total domination lol.

I'd say just do what you'd normally do for GPS...if you're noticing troubles, then use GPSViewer as it's what I use.
18th June 2008, 07:41 PM |#30  

More
Is it possible to do this from a Mac or linux box? Or on the phone itself? My new (replacement) phone should be here soon and the fixed computer isn't back yet...
18th June 2008, 07:44 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14

Yeah man DEFINITELY felt good bringing home #17 considering I was only 4 the last time they won a championship. Last night was total domination lol.

I'd say just do what you'd normally do for GPS...if you're noticing troubles, then use GPSViewer as it's what I use.

Total domination is right. I'm tired of the Kobe=MJ talked. Kobe is best player alive, but never another MJ....although i was a huge Bird fan.

Do you use the Holux version of the GPSViewer? If so, i may try that.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread