[Q] 4k video wont display on Smart Tv

Search This thread

chicagojoe12

Aug 15, 2010
So I have a smart tv and it displays pictures and videos fine via screen mirroring except 4k videos that the phone takes. I understand I dont have a 4k tv but the phone doesnt either. Is there a way to show 4k videos on tv?

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
So I have a smart tv and it displays pictures and videos fine via screen mirroring except 4k videos that the phone takes. I understand I dont have a 4k tv but the phone doesnt either. Is there a way to show 4k videos on tv?

You just answered your own question. You don't have a 4k television, so obviously you can't mirror 4k on the TV...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

chicagojoe12

Aug 15, 2010
Like I said, I know I dont have a 4k tv but im sure you dont have 4k laptop and can still view the videos there

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
Like I said, I know I dont have a 4k tv but im sure you dont have 4k laptop and can still view the videos there

Is there a way to show the videos? Yeah, just not in 4K. You can get a HDMI cable for smartphones that support it. Amazon and eBay have them for cheap. I got one for around $10.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008

So you don't have a 4K TV but you're complaining about your 1080P TV not displaying 4K?

Ave666

Nov 18, 2011
Laptops downsizing resolution to screen default

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

chippyuk

Mar 30, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
The OP is not complaining about anything! I really wish people would read the question and if they have nothing helpful to add then not bother replying!

The question was simple, the phone can happily play a 4k video on its 1080p screen (It is not a 4k screen!) However when MIRRORING the 4k video will not play. The screen being mirrored is a 1080p screen so as such the video being played (despite it being a 4k video) is also being shown on the phone at 1080p yet it will not play. You are mirroring the screen not streaming the video in its native resolution. My view would also be that it should just mirror the screen without issue.

Can you provide a little more info;

Are you definitely mirroring the screen? Can you see your Launcher, an actual copy of your phones screen? My guess is that you are probably just sending files over individually which will probably not work.
If you are definitely mirroring, are you doing so wirelessly or over a cable etc...