[Question] Stopping playback without returning to List

Search This thread

Drewett

Jan 11, 2014
Is there any way to stop playback at the end of a video but remain in the player? (i.e. do not return to file list).

At the end of a video, I'd like it to stop, but to stay in the current clip so that I can choose whether to tap next or previous, or opt to play it again, or press the back button if I want to go to the file list.

The only option that I can see prevents auto-play of all videos is the 'return to list' option, but that gets you kicked out of the player and back to the list after every video. All other option playback settings combinations seem to automatically start playing next video after current one is finished (which I do not want).

I'm sure there must be a way to do it. Playing a video and then stopping at the end of it has got to be a pretty popular and common way of viewing.

Thanks.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Is there any way to stop playback at the end of a video but remain in the player? (i.e. do not return to file list).

At the end of a video, I'd like it to stop, but to stay in the current clip so that I can choose whether to tap next or previous, or opt to play it again, or press the back button if I want to go to the file list.

The only option that I can see prevents auto-play of all videos is the 'return to list' option, but that gets you kicked out of the player and back to the list after every video. All other option playback settings combinations seem to automatically start playing next video after current one is finished (which I do not want).

I'm sure there must be a way to do it. Playing a video and then stopping at the end of it has got to be a pretty popular and common way of viewing.

Thanks.

Your request is already shared with our developer team. They are currently working on some major futures for 1.9.0.
As there are so many feature requests, developers are working on the features based on various factors like number of user request, time frame required for a specific feature, etc. So it may take sometime fulfil everyones requests.

nanquan

Dec 30, 2015
Thanks for your continuous support and patience. We are prioritizing the features based on the user requests & working towards bringing some of the most requested features in the near future. So, we may not be able to provide any timeline on this at the moment.
Wow a year later and this still hasn't been implemented. As a fellow programmer I must say I find your excuses for not implementing this extremely simple tweak rather insulting to my intelligence. If your code is clean and well organized this should take 1 minute flat to implement (if not then <5 minutes). Really there is no excuse. I too hate it that MX constantly plays the next video without any option to disable that. This is not some advanced "feature". This is basic player functionality. Please get with the times and implement this already. Paying customer here btw, I bought the damn thing. Now kinda wishing I haden't with this lazy development.

Last edited: