2,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,037

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2008, 09:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
you're going to be famous if you get this working
...i'd get some advertising revenue from your website organised if I were you!
MS are going to be really upset if it proves easy to get a WM phone and blow off WM for Android. I'd love to run Android on my Artemis.

4th April 2008, 09:48 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I'm working on the touchscreen but it won't be much use really because there's no on screen kbd yet for android.

Do you have a CPLD gpio extender on Vogue ? It's certainly there on kaiser and titan.
Is the touchscreen a TSC2003 on i2c or something on a MSM ADC ?
4th April 2008, 11:05 AM |#13  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
touchscreen is i2c, i don't know about the cpld stuff. the only gpios i used are for the buttons and they were quite obvious. the hard part will be the radio because it looks like it uses rpc over the shared memory. Same for clock control and pm.
4th April 2008, 03:48 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Great work. It's good to see progress being made. Unfortunately I can do absolutely nothing to help
4th April 2008, 04:21 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thumbs up
Bravo! I wish I knew more About Linux/Android to help
4th April 2008, 08:21 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

touchscreen is i2c

The TSC2003 linux driver is already available.
Quote:

i don't know about the cpld stuff.

You may check the 0x9* physical address range, or dump the SPL from SRAM,
or look at the 'dump mmu' output.

Quote:

Same for clock control and pm.

The clock control registers are known.
4th April 2008, 08:44 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
can somebody tell me what button to press to end a program and go back to "home" screen on Android?
4th April 2008, 08:45 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

No problem posting elsewhere. It should work on titan (but might be short of memory and keys may not work), doesn't work on kaiser because the hardware is slightly different.

alright great. im gonna try and post it in the titan sections here and at ppcgeeks and see what happens with this "It should work on titan (but might be short of memory and keys may not work), doesn't work on kaiser because the hardware is slightly different." in mind and posted. i suppose it couldnt hurt.

since my knowledge is far too limited to provide assistance here, i might as well try and recruit some more help! though it looks to be that cr2 knows what hes doing (thanks!)
4th April 2008, 09:27 PM |#19  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 44

More
must say, it's nice to see a post from the guy that is doing this. I've been using your website as a base for my titan.

Note to the titan users, in the default text you'll want to change the machine type to 1463 (MTYPE = 1463)

My quick question is, if i run haret and happen to boot up android, will i end up requiring a hard reset? I know some people say yes and some say no, but I figured I'd ask someone using the newest haret on one of our phones. (it's a pain for me to reflash, as i have to reboot into windows and do it).
4th April 2008, 09:43 PM |#20  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
Don't change the mtype, it definitely won't boot if you do that.

This runs entirely from RAM so it won't do any damage to your phone and you won't have to reflash it. I've booted this kernel hundreds of times and the worst that has happened is that I lost my contacts list once and had to resync, i guess the wince filesystem is not that robust to crashes.

You will have to reset the phone after you're done playing with android by poking the stylus into the button on the bottom; but i'm sure wince uses are used to doing that.

I didn't map the home key but volume up will go back.

I've updated the initrd to include the api demos now.
Thanks,
4th April 2008, 09:48 PM |#21  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 44

More
er, don't change the mtype?

do we know why it won't boot if we do? (if it's simple, one of us can fix it quickly).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)