Thanks Meter: 5,032

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2008, 09:48 PM |#21  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 44

More
er, don't change the mtype?

do we know why it won't boot if we do? (if it's simple, one of us can fix it quickly).

5th April 2008, 12:59 AM |#22  
Flag Lincoln, NE
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You could very possibly chalk this up to user error, but I couldn't get this to work on my Titan.

When I run haret, I get an error message saying: Failed load 5990 pages.
5th April 2008, 01:52 AM |#23  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,032

Donate to Me
More
That means haret ran out of memory. It needs 25M free, if you can get that on titan it should boot at least.
5th April 2008, 04:15 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I keep getting "Failed to load file /My Documents/zImage"

I cant run it when I click on run. I have all the appropriate file in the same directory.

Any thoughts?
5th April 2008, 04:42 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381

I keep getting "Failed to load file /My Documents/zImage"

I cant run it when I click on run. I have all the appropriate file in the same directory.

Any thoughts?

Nevermind I figured it out. I just renamed "zImage" to "zImage.txt" and also "initrd-android" to "initrd-android.txt" in the "default.txt" file.

Looks awesome, wish we had a fully functional version to use. But this version is useful to see whats in store for it. Its smooth and its eye candy!
5th April 2008, 08:11 AM |#26  
Flag Las Vegas

More
hmm...

After closing as much stuff as possible and finagling all sorts of crap to get enough RAM on my mogul (POS RAM. stupid lousy htc...) I run haret, it does the HaRET: Booting linux...
fills up the bar, and says "Go Go Go..." but that's where it stops. Any ideas? I just made the log file, so I'll check that, but we'll see I guess.

I downloaded the new initrd-android and it says file too large...hmmm
5th April 2008, 10:37 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works great on my phone -- I can hardly wait till the touchscreen works.

It also looks like the green/red softkeys and the camera button isn't working as well -- I'll be sure to watch this thread.

Props to the OP!
5th April 2008, 03:44 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
anyone to attach some screenshots please.. tnx
5th April 2008, 07:08 PM |#29  
alright, i got it on my touch. Very cool that I got to see it in action, thought that would be way off. Runs great and the graphics demos they have are pretty cool and run very smooth on our phones, which is awesome for all the user made apps that will be made for this.

When will Android be released for real? I realize that there isn't a set date but do they think it will be this year?
5th April 2008, 07:33 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

Hi All,
I've been playing with my new vogue for a few weeks now and have managed to get Linux and Android up and running. The radio doesn't work so you can't use it as a phone yet. I've put everything you need at http://cs-alb-pc3.massey.ac.nz/vogue. Just download haret.exe, zImage, initrd-android and default.txt, copy them to your phone, run haret.exe, click run and wait a while. The touchscreen doesn't work yet but the buttons should, Volume up/down are the return and menu keys. This is with my NZ Vogue (Branded as OKTA Touch) other versions may or may not work, let me know if it works for you.
Thanks.

this is really pretty incredible i think.

my question is...do you have the capability to get this working? well, thats not quite what i mean. what i mean is, is Android in a late/good/stable enough stage that even assuming we had the touchscreen working and the radio working...could it do anything?

i ask this because i am fascinated by this. but i dont want to get myself over excited if all we will ever be able to do with it is look at it until the real android is released.

so i guess my question could also be said like this: Is it more help for you and your success we are waiting/hoping for, or is it the real release of android we are hoping for.

you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this in my opinion, so i figure if it was up to us you could do it. but even assuming you could, would we still just be waiting for a newer release of android to be able to do anything with it? ie calendar, txt messaging, multimedia, internet, etc.. (i realize these are prob a way off)

thanks a lot! (this is COOL) Jim.
5th April 2008, 10:51 PM |#31  
Flag Las Vegas

More
is there anyway to make haret require less ram? I think that's my biggest problem with this phone (titan). I can get up to like 23 (and it was running haret, but sticking after progress bar) and now it's throwing my the memory error (5990 or whatever).

HTC really fouled up this phone. GREAT idea, poorly implemented.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)