2,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,034

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2010, 02:42 AM |#5001  
Oxnard, Ca
Thanks Meter: 115

More
I don't if this is the thread to post in or not. It is Kernel related but may need to be in another thread.

I downloaded the Vogue kernel, dated 3-8-10, from here:
http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D

I just want to report that I am occasionally getting sdcard errors but then the Android has no issues retrieving information from the sdcard. Someone else reported the same issue. I can't find the particular thread now, I'm hoping it was in this thread. I just wanted to report; me too. Is there anything you want to look at when it happens again?

I will probably roll back to the previous kernel. I will say that this kernel does seem to do a lot better on battery life but then it has been a lite day on phone usage.

9th March 2010, 11:27 AM |#5002  
Flag Ann Arbor, USA
Thanks Meter: 235

Donate to Me
More
after running the 3-8 .nbh for about 36h, it started not accessing my SD card properly. It could see stuff on it (say in astro), but listed all files and folders' names as strange characters (as boxes with ? in between, no letters). could not play media or alarms. in settings > sdcard, it showed it as still mounted. rebooting quickly fixed this. any log I can get you if this happens again? thx dzo.
9th March 2010, 02:26 PM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Regarding the reboot issue in airplane mode:

I had 4 flights yesterday. Each and every time I would turn on airplane mode when the door of the aircraft closed. About 20-30 minutes later the phone would reboot in my pocket.

Here is the error log for my phone, I hope it helps!

Note: On my last reboot, the phone was in airplane mode and I tried to open an application called Palmary weather.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kmesglog.zip - [Click for QR Code] (20.8 KB, 10 views)
9th March 2010, 03:45 PM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_J

I had 4 flights yesterday. Each and every time I would turn on airplane mode when the door of the aircraft closed. About 20-30 minutes later the phone would reboot in my pocket.

Note: On my last reboot, the phone was in airplane mode and I tried to open an application called Palmary weather.

Perhaps it has to do with towers being unavailable when in Airplane mode (i.e., it's not truly going into Airplane mode). I put the device into airplane mode for well over an hour yesterday and it never reboot.

I have a metal locker here at work, I'll try sticking it in there....

Though, I don't think those fatal error messages are normal. If it's some kind of watchdog resetting the device, then it should do it after the same amount of time every time.
10th March 2010, 01:23 PM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_J

[ 434.803088] msm_irq_exit_sleep1 smem=(40000 0) INT=(0 0) FIQ=(0 0) EN=(34181bf 7)
[ 434.803088] GPT Interrupt
[ 434.803138] Modem Status:
[ 434.803153] [MSM] FATAL_ERROR-TOG ,F:,L:0,R:0,SYSTIME: 10,03,09,03,50,09,-,20
[ 434.803281] ~w<6><SM 00000929 00010929>

That doesn't look good.
10th March 2010, 02:13 PM |#5006  

More
i have i small problem with my polaris. the phone turned off because the battery was empty, but when i pluged in the charger and turned the phone on again, it showed the battery as 100% charged. i can see in the log that it´s actually charging, but i can´t see it in the statusbar, on the logscreen or in the phone-statusmenu.

i´m running Myn’s Warm Donut build3 with zImage-08-03-10 from nand. (created my own polaris nbh to update the kernel)
Attached Files
File Type: zip kmesg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.3 KB, 4 views)
10th March 2010, 09:48 PM |#5007  
Flag Bordeaux : wine... Hum...
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmey

i have i small problem with my polaris. the phone turned off because the battery was empty, but when i pluged in the charger and turned the phone on again, it showed the battery as 100% charged. i can see in the log that it´s actually charging, but i can´t see it in the statusbar, on the logscreen or in the phone-statusmenu.

i´m running Myn’s Warm Donut build3 with zImage-08-03-10 from nand. (created my own polaris nbh to update the kernel)

Hi, I have me too a Polaris... I use it with the Polyrhytmic build -> very good with the latest nbh of DZO for Pola (320*480) with 140 for lcd.density.

Can you post your nbh to update the kernel ? Because all of DZO nbh are for Vogue only .

Thanks if you can or help to make one ...

Cheers.
10th March 2010, 11:05 PM |#5008  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Hi dzo,

BT is working on Kaiser (regular, not high-speed of course), thanks again!!!! I was able to pair with my desktop and send a file.

I'd also like to report that soft-reset works better than it used to, it actually boots from a soft reset but I get a ton of these errors throughout boot:
Code:
msm_i2c: IRQ but nothing to do!
I have a couple questions, if you get the time to answer them :
  • Since Polaris is also MSM7200, should BT work for Polaris as well?
  • I see that clock-scaling was disabled by default in the recent updates, can I enable it to get better battery life?
I've been running a 528Mhz overclock for days with the SF 20-Feb build, and haven't had any clock-related problems (that I can tell).
10th March 2010, 11:45 PM |#5009  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyrhythmic

Hi dzo,

BT is working on Kaiser (regular, not high-speed of course), thanks again!!!! I was able to pair with my desktop and send a file.

I'd also like to report that soft-reset works better than it used to, it actually boots from a soft reset but I get a ton of these errors throughout boot:

Code:
msm_i2c: IRQ but nothing to do!
I have a couple questions, if you get the time to answer them :
  • Since Polaris is also MSM7200, should BT work for Polaris as well?
  • I see that clock-scaling was disabled by default in the recent updates, can I enable it to get better battery life?
I've been running a 528Mhz overclock for days with the SF 20-Feb build, and haven't had any clock-related problems (that I can tell).

I just got high speed working on kaiser and soft reset should be fixed now too.
BT probably won't work on polaris because the gpios will be different. Shouldn't be hard to fix. Clock scaling doesn't help battery life at all, definitely not on vogue anyway. Overclocking should still be enabled in recent kernels.

New kaiser and vogue NBHs are on my site.
11th March 2010, 04:25 AM |#5010  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
I just fixed the wired headset for vogue, the mic works now and you can plug it in during a call.

New NBHs and zImage on my site.
11th March 2010, 05:15 AM |#5011  
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I just fixed the wired headset for vogue, the mic works now and you can plug it in during a call.

New NBHs and zImage on my site.

dzo youre the best!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)