2,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,034

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2008, 05:28 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what official rom?
Sprint still has not 'officially' released their new WM6.1 ROM, although someone else has. I'm running it too, and data works for me.

Also, I predict that customized initrd-android images are going to be the next big thing around here. I had some issues using coLinux to generate the initrd, mainly due to the windows filesystem I believe. You still need a true Linux box to customize the initrd, but it does work great.

Dzo, is this Android port up to date with the demos? They look much different these days on youtube.

2nd July 2008, 05:43 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibri

Unfortunately it seems it will no longer boot on my Sprint Touch either I click Run in HaRET and it shows the HaRET: Booting Linux... progress window, and it looks like it gets to 100%, but it doesn't go any further

Mine is still doing this even on the latest version. Did anyone find a fix for this?
2nd July 2008, 08:00 PM |#503  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec

Mine is still doing this even on the latest version. Did anyone find a fix for this?

no, its weird. i got android to boot twice in a row the other day. Now it won't boot at all again.
2nd July 2008, 08:23 PM |#504  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rtyd33z

Sprint still has not 'officially' released their new WM6.1 ROM, although someone else has. I'm running it too, and data works for me.

Also, I predict that customized initrd-android images are going to be the next big thing around here. I had some issues using coLinux to generate the initrd, mainly due to the windows filesystem I believe. You still need a true Linux box to customize the initrd, but it does work great.

Dzo, is this Android port up to date with the demos? They look much different these days on youtube.

With the old rom I could use the internet without having to have a data connection. Do you have to have a connection on before you boot haret?
3rd July 2008, 03:57 AM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtopcop

With the old rom I could use the internet without having to have a data connection. Do you have to have a connection on before you boot haret?

Hey, I'm a Sprint user and very rarely post (if i even ever have) and finally had the time to check Android out fully. This is truly amazing what you guys have done so far. Finally have Data and calls working... haven't tested texting yet.

Thanks for the work so far!
3rd July 2008, 11:29 AM |#506  

More
data and packages
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtopcop

Yes, but I have not configured the username in default.txt, so that may be an issue as well. Data works if you 'prime' it before booting Android. On a side note, I've been playing with the files quite a bit and got Martin's patches to apply to the newest kernel in the Android git archive and created a new initrd based on the latest emulator images.

I had to remove some 'cruft' caused by imaging the emulator as it was running, and I just kinda guessed what to remove. I pulled out some sound files in the /system/usr/srec directory, which were taking up like 8megs. Android still seems fine, anyone know if these were part of a Voice Recording function?

-D
3rd July 2008, 06:54 PM |#507  

More
Martin,

I have been trying out a few apps, and there are some indications that lead me to believe it would be better to swap the functions of the Volume Up/Down Key, and the D-Pad Left/Right Key.

For example, if you use the Global Time App, the Volume Key tilts left/right, while the Dpad tilts up/down. I have also noticed this in most of the games I have downloaded and tested

Do you know how I can fix this?

-Jake
3rd July 2008, 09:43 PM |#508  

More
my htc touch
hey i tried on my htc touch and it did not work am i doing sumthing
wrong also do you have any vids of it working? thanks
4th July 2008, 02:41 AM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suka4luv

hey i tried on my htc touch and it did not work am i doing sumthing
wrong also do you have any vids of it working? thanks

search youtube for android xv6900 or try this link http://m.youtube.com/details?v=vm6fI...1&locale=en_US
4th July 2008, 06:06 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsungboxer

Unfortunately there is no way to save data (like contacts) while running android. As you said a soft reset will lose that info.

However, Martin explains how to decompress the initrd-android file and add apps/contacts in post 471. in post 479 he gives a script to import outlook contacts to android. This all needs to be done from a linux computer (i use ubuntu 8), and requires a bit of tweaking.

if there is anything before a noob, thats where i'm at when it comes to this stuff... will it work with a linux emulator? or does it have to be a true linux computer?... i'ma try and figure this thing out cuz i believe it will take way too much effort for someone to have to explain it to me in lamens terms... Do you think the future holds the possibility for this app to enable the saving of input contacts?
6th July 2008, 01:41 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
one thing i've noticed...

if i'm letting my phone chill in the globe app, when an incoming call comes in it will be a constant vibrate... won't end either... is this a known issue with the vibrate function?

I tried for about a minute to get it to stop without soft reseting and let me tell you, it took a good chunk outta my batter lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)