2,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,035

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2011, 01:39 AM |#5891  
Upper Hutt
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks dzo, I created an APN as you said, and in the status bar I get a grey symbol with two arrows above it(which means no data service?) I assume I don't have to fill in proxy, port, server, mmsc, mms proxy, mms port, mcc(310), MNC(260), authentication type or apn type can I be missing something else?

27th March 2011, 10:54 PM |#5892  

More
Cool Will it work in HTC himaliya?
I have HTC himaliya and i want to run android on it.

i just want to know is it possible? if yes then how?
28th March 2011, 02:51 AM |#5893  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khawar4m

I have HTC himaliya and i want to run android on it.

i just want to know is it possible? if yes then how?

No. vogue, kaiser, polaris.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA Premium App
3rd April 2011, 09:31 PM |#5894  

More
Opinion: Most efficient current kernel & build?
For the senior members. What kernel (x.25 vs x.32 etc) and build is the most reliable right now? I've tried most of them and love all the builds, but have a hard time keeping up with all the improvements!

I'm looking for the kernel that gives the best "simple phone" experience. In other words, good battery life, minimal crashes, working GPS and data, and fast response (for calls and SMS at least).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
5th April 2011, 09:07 PM |#5895  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regeland

For the senior members. What kernel (x.25 vs x.32 etc) and build is the most reliable right now? I've tried most of them and love all the builds, but have a hard time keeping up with all the improvements!

I'm looking for the kernel that gives the best "simple phone" experience. In other words, good battery life, minimal crashes, working GPS and data, and fast response (for calls and SMS at least).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I would say there are two options regarding the kernel:
1. if you want USB drive connectivity - use 10-10-4? .25 kernel (can't remember offhand the exact date). This seems to be a great kernel in terms of battery life and stability. No crashes in over a month using Inc v12. Only problem is that you don't have App2SD using .25 kernel, the system unmounts the SD card if you try to put an app on the SD.
2. If you want App2SD you need to give up USB connectivity and use the latest .32 kernel. Still fairly stable with most versions of Froyo, but I have had a couple of lock-ups. Battery life is comparable I think.

I've left the .25 kernel on my wife's phone and she hasn't complained about the phone anymore. .32 is on my phone just because I keep running out of room on the phone. That said, I have had mixed results with App2SD as well since sometimes the applications just don't work.
26th June 2011, 05:43 AM |#5896  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So apps2sd is officially working then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WnG88

I would say there are two options regarding the kernel:
1. if you want USB drive connectivity - use 10-10-4? .25 kernel (can't remember offhand the exact date). This seems to be a great kernel in terms of battery life and stability. No crashes in over a month using Inc v12. Only problem is that you don't have App2SD using .25 kernel, the system unmounts the SD card if you try to put an app on the SD.
2. If you want App2SD you need to give up USB connectivity and use the latest .32 kernel. Still fairly stable with most versions of Froyo, but I have had a couple of lock-ups. Battery life is comparable I think.

I've left the .25 kernel on my wife's phone and she hasn't complained about the phone anymore. .32 is on my phone just because I keep running out of room on the phone. That said, I have had mixed results with App2SD as well since sometimes the applications just don't work.

I only ask because it doesn't work for some apps. I installed robo defense and it works great from sd, but angry birds does not. Are there any posts that reference best practices/tricks of the trade with apps2sd. I've found regardless if I unmount the sd card while running, I'll lose my apps on sd. They still show under manage applications, but can't access them in launcher. I've been using astro to put 'em back for now, but sometimes I install an app and the sdcard never remounts, then I reboot to find all apps on sd card gone.
31st July 2011, 10:18 PM |#5897  
Recognized Developer
Flag Modugno (BA)
Thanks Meter: 15,643

Donate to Me
More
Can i use this on imate ultimate 9502 that have msm7200 as htc kaiser ?
28th November 2012, 09:04 PM |#5898  

More
How do I change the Kernal
I was able to NAND install kernal .32, but want to change it to a .25
Since .32 does not go into USB mode I cant use RUU to change it.

What step do I follow to change it?
29th November 2012, 12:55 PM |#5899  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShoe

I was able to NAND install kernal .32, but want to change it to a .25
Since .32 does not go into USB mode I cant use RUU to change it.

What step do I follow to change it?

You need to place your phone in boot loader mode (stylus in reset hole plus cam plus power buttons at the same time). Then you should be able to use ruu.

However if memory serves me well, you should be able to simply place the new zimage in your sd card and update it through the recovery.

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)